1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I’m triggered of these OP weapons. I will say why

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by NoTtIaN, 3 Jul 2018.

1. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    Firebomb: even on the edges, they last 12 seconds. Multiply that by whetever they have is completely overpowered. A legendary FB does 57 X 12 = 684 while buffing cannons. Surely a big Berta’s outer ring won’t do that much?

My idea: make the diameter smaller by 1. Make the damage -5%

Sniper: it’s good to use an op weapon, but it’s inconsistent. It’s nearly impossible to dodge without dancing. Plus the crit damage is unfair.

My idea: give the sniper crit multiplier only do 2x, make the projectile speed -10 ( not range, speeeed )

Nitro: nearly used in every yellow slot available, this item cools down way too fast.
    Idea: make the nitro speed you for 5% less (easier to predict) . Make the trains only give -0.5% reload instead of -10%.

Big shield: nearly used in every blue slot, this item gives too much hp.

Idea: make the hp start lower. Make the maximum upgradable stat -5% hp.

Turbo: used in every pro ship.

Idea: make the effectiveness -5-10%

Tesla shield: nearly every enforcer uses this.

Idea: make the % of damage taken, make it the cooldown time. Say, your shield takes 50% hp. It’ll take 10s to reload. (Total of 20s to reload)

Railgun: you needn’t aim. Hardly.

Idea: make the projectile speed -5-10. Make the projectile a teeny bigger.

@TheAntiSnipe , pls move this to suggestions

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Um... Many of these are bad ideas. Especially nitro , RG, turbo, BS, TS, and sniper(at endgame at least). Because:
    1. Nitro: Many use nitro as a solo part of a build. And getting perks is HARD! Once you get them you can get one nitro to less than 5 seconds, however to have constant nitro, you need two. This also wastes another yellow slot FYI

2. RG: It is already difficult to hit with, no need for a nerf.

3.Turbo: Um... No. Just no. Useless idea. People will still use it.

4. BS: It's every ship's best item, nerfing it is just stupid with these OP weapons in the game

5. TS: This will make it OP actually. Maybe if they made it so that, with reduced CD, damage taken carries forward to next invocation, it would be kinda ok

6. Sniper: It needs the crits in the endgame

3. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    1. Nerf nitro so people will people wil use ob.
    2. Railgun is only hard because of the waves. (Easier for pro players).
    3. Nerf turbo, so others will be considered.
    4. Same with turbo.
    5. I don’t know what your talking about.
    6. Might as well as make B.B. a slots game

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

1. The...? If nitro is nerfed, people will use OB? Lmao people use OB anyway, why nerf nitro for that?
    2. Haha if it's easy for pros, let's make it impossible for noobs, how nice.
    3. Nope. You nerf turbo by something like 10% and all you're doing is giving people with epic t4s an advantage. And I thought you were in favour of fast gameplay?
    4. Same argument. You're giving people with good items an advantage, simple as that.
    5. Ok xD I cannot make it any simpler than that, you're gonna have to re-read.
    6. Pfft as if it isn't already:Djks lol

5. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

@NoTtIaN ,none of these things need nerf now.Everything is fine as it is now.If the devs change these things,then every active player including me will quit BB.

If u don't like BB and u like constantly suggesting about doing nerfs in-game,then go play PUBG,

xD xD xD

So sick of this crab!!:p;);)

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  6. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    1. People don’t use nitrosthat often. Ask chill zone, they’ll say to use nitro.
    2. Might as well (like any weapon)
    3. Fine. Make the base stat more and the upgradable amount less.
    4. Same thing.
    5. You’re saying that damage from the previous carries to the next ts. That means that if they break your shield, and put another one up, it’ll still activate as broken?
    6. I’m right for once

7. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    Pubg is trash - bad graphics.
    Fortnite - I do play that, but, I’m icky of instantly dropping and having me ping go up to 200+.
    Battle bay - unbalanced, but at least it’s smooth

8. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Nerfing is not a good idea or solution of op weapons to everyone,every time a popular weapon got nerfed,none of the players are happy about it
    Buff other unpopular items instead of nerfing the popular ones

9. 00starlord00

00starlord00 Member

@NoTtlaN, I guess u have created this thread because of
    1. U r a shooter and having difficulty while shooting yellow/ green ships
    2. U r using Yellow ship and because of shooters and defenders defence ur weapons can't do much damage to them.

If any case mentioned above is true then bud u need to improve ur game and no need to suggest nerfing items.
    Honestly the items u mentioned need not to be needed.

10. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
  11. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Bad graphics do not mean it’s a bad game. That’s literally judging a book by its cover.

Everyone uses OB. I prefer OB over my own nitros. Also, needing turbo would just make the game slower as turbo is still a necessity no matter what. Rail gun is already hard to land (only easy weapon is sniper).

12. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Then go play some other good offline games and stop complaining about BB.:mad::mad::mad:

13. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Lol, No. These are laughably bad.

14. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

My shield is already weaker than most because of firebomb perks, DO NOT TOUCH SHIELD AT ALL.
    Nitro:meh
    Turbo: I'm slow enough as is. DON'T TOUCH
    Firebomb: STAY AWAY FROM MY BABY!!!
    RG.meh
    TS. Doable.

15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I don’t have a big problem with FIre Bomb, though I think cannon damage to burning targets is kind of OP in general.

Nearly all the top Speeders, Enforcers, and many Defenders are running some version of the burn combo. The danger there, is that if the ship gets nerfed to balance its performance with that combo, then that combo becomes the only viable build. That is, pretty much, the case with Speeders now, it’s a fairly underpowered ship that is being propped up by a few OP items, and those are the only items worth running.

The purpose of balance should be to make more builds/strategies viable, not fewer.

Firebomb itself seems pretty good, I think it is probably the other mortars that are underpowered. The hit box could probably use some fixing though.

Sniper: is basically as effective as Flare+EC without any of the difficulty or slot point cost. Far too versatile, too difficult to avoid, too powerful during the early-mid game, too powerful at close range, not fun to fight against... it needs nerfing hard, and has done for ages.

Nitro: I haven’t heard many complaints about Nitro. It is one of the few decent items left for Speeders. If Nitro gets nerfed then Speeders are going to need a serious buff.

Big Shield & Turbo: I agree that these items are massively OP, however, they are so widely used that it isn’t noticeable. The only clue, is how little Gearlube and Rudder are used instead.

I think Big Shield also exacerbates the difference between ship mks, and p2w/f2p, which can make games feel unfair. My solution would be to reduce their effect, and move some of the lost hp and speed over to the ships’ base stats.

Tesla Shield is another difficult item. It’s awesome at a high level, but it kind of sucks even at medium-high (t5 Rare). Enforcers and Speeders can seem almost unbeatable with it, but without it they’re a bit pathetic... so the balance here is delicate.

I think Tesla Shield probably does need a nerf, but ships that depend on it probably also need a buff, so that other builds are more viable.

Railgun: seems pretty balanced to me, it’s powerful but it has a lot of drawbacks. I say leave it alone.

16. 00starlord00

00starlord00 Member

Lol. Bud just calm dowm:p:p:p

17. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

apart from Sniper Cannon , they will never nerf it

18. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

Turbo and Big shield nerf?
    no.gif

19. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

for the firebomb it is a bug that wasn't accidentally made (if not they would have fixed it )

20. sjoerdmans48

sjoerdmans48 New Member

FB doesn’t need a nerf, they only need to fix the bug where it sometimes let you burn when you’re outside of it.
    Maybe tesla shield. 1 is ok but 2 is too OP
    The other items are balanced enough.