1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Inside game

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by LeiitooDacol YT, 2 Jul 2018.

1. LeiitooDacol YT

LeiitooDacol YT New Member

Penalty for inactive players in battles, only hurt the teammates.

2. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    I don't think afks earn any rewards from the battle at all. That's a fair enough punishment already; any further penalties would hurt people who had to leave legitimately (e.g. someone called, battery died). But if you are sure that that person is floating on purpose, then you can always report him. Other people would probably realise that too and report him as well, so you can battle on knowing that he would get a ban sooner or later :)

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Those aren’t legitimate reasons for going AFK. I always put my phone on ‘do not disturb’ while I’m playing, so that my game can’t be interrupted. People obviously shouldn’t join games if their battery is low or their connection is bad.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  4. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Not everyone pays attention to these things, gettting a call/battery dead/bad connection can happen rarely meaning people are unprepared to handle it. Besides, I’ve played games at 2% battery as well :)

00starlord00 and wreck your day like this.
  5. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I sometimes afk because
    - need to answer or help someone who need help
    - answer important call
    - etc
    All the above is basically a norm even if ur playing in any type of device (pc, console, tab etc)

6. wreck your day

There are reasons other than the 2 I mentioned above; here are a few more examples:
    • Visitor arrived
    • Fluctuating connection
    • Nearing your stop to get off on the bus/train
    • Kids/younger sibling tottering over to disturb you
    • Parents/boss telling you to go do something, or coming over to see what you are doing :p
    • Break time over
    • Weird bug (no @TheFixer27 not that one)

Of course some of these reasons can be avoided, but not everyone is always on high alert for things that could potentially interrupt their game.

7. ViscountSniffit

Well perhaps they would be more considerate, if the penalties were more severe.

I’m not saying that I’m perfect, I’ve had things go wrong too, but I’m willing to take responsibility for that. If I forget about my battery, and it dies, then that’s my fault. I should be penalised for it, not my team.

People shouldn’t be so blasé about abandoning games. Hold them accountable.

8. wreck your day

That's true I guess... but imo these severe penalties should only be meted out to repeated offenders (who would be more likely to be purposely afking). People who just happened to forget or really need to leave shouldn't be punished so harshly when they normally wouldn't, and hardly do, afk.

9. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Last night, a guild mate had 3 floaters on his team, no chance for them to win and yet the legitimate players lose infamy through no fault of their own.
    I always report floaters, they are literally the worst part of the game.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  10. 00starlord00

00starlord00 Member

Me n @TheAntiSnipe have played games on 1% battery.
    But not BB it was MCOC.

StrictSalmon307 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That was one CRAZY AQ run lol

00starlord00 likes this.
  12. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I know where you're coming from but most of my time on the bay is during the dead hours at my work or when I have a short window to relax where my preferred systems for gaming are unavailable. The more I get penalized for the few (like 1 in 50 maybe) battles where I have to float, the less I'll be playing this game.

None of us like floaters, but a lot of us don't have much of a choice sometimes. Heavy penalties will just make players want to quit the game due to frustration, and it'll make setting aside time for the bay really stressful for those of us who are busy.

13. ViscountSniffit

What about the players who are frustrated by constantly having to lose battles because of floaters? 1 in 50 is quite a lot. My record would be fewer than 1 in a 1000.

Floating is annoying, but sometimes it’s really annoying. I have had floaters break my best winning streaks, which stopped me picking up achievements. A few weeks ago I missed the cut for Ace 1 by one game, and had to spend two more weeks in Ace 2 with lower rewards, and that was absolutely because I kept getting games with floaters knocking me back.

When you’re trying to gain infamy, a floater doesn’t just cost you one game, it costs you three. The game you lost, and then two more games to get back where you should have been.

If we both agree that you should be allowed to play how you want, without being penalised, then surely we can agree that I should be allowed to play how I want without being penalised. But I end up getting penalised for your floating.

The only solution I can see then, is that either the game stops punishing whole teams because of one floater, or we stop getting matched together.

PastelPiku likes this.
  14. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Like the guy from Genki Gamers once said, You can blame your teammates but that won't help you. Improve your game instead. I'm kidding that's nothing like what he said but it's along those lines. It was at the end of "How to get to Nightmare league"

Hazimi likes this.
  15. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Once a floater helped me win a battle. So it went like this. 1 player in my team suicided and 2 others were sunk. There was only me and a floater so I had to face a 1v3. I ran away and hid behind the floating defender. The idiots in the other team instead on focusing on me, the player that was not floating, they hit the easier target. I was able to sink once of them and the other two when they were separated.

wreck your day likes this.
  16. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I completely agree. I hate when I have to float, but a timeout wouldn't be very helpful. However I wouldn't mind losing infamy while the rest of the team retained theirs. That seems like the most fair trade. If someone floats, only they lose infamy if you lose. If you win, they get nothing.

17. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    If ye gonna play, don't play with shit connection or near eating time. I get called down to eat, I stay and play till the end. Fortnite is fine though, leaving doesn't get ya banned or into a roast battle.

Also, don't play when there's a time limit to your break. Play something that you can pause.