1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Come on Devs: I'm ready to win some esports money...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by American Marauder, 1 Jul 2018.

1. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
  2. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Thanks.

3. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

This reflects the problem of P2W and how it dominates a game's destiny once that path is chosen. In short, what was and is the point of spending money on items (P2W) when the highest level of competition occurs in a non-P2W setting? What does Rovio tell all the players who dropped very stupid amounts of cash so they could feel powerful, when that cash is now meaningless in competitive play? What would Rovio's business model then be for this game?

Spongeboat and BattleRascal like this.
  4. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Well i would be happy to use my golden equipment, but in competition play, i would expect that all players use the same equipment. I'm fine with that. I have confidence in my playing ability.

5. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

I had 3 questions, you quoted w/ 0 answers... why even quote lol..

Spongeboat likes this.
  6. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I had suggested in the past creating a SEPARATE game mode within BattleBay that is subscription based, or it is part of the VIP package. This allows those that want to push the e-sport further to pay the monthly fee.

To start, they would only open this mode for maybe 3 days per week, until they have enough subscribers to increase it.
    New E-Sport Game Lobby
    Equalized Weapons and Ships (T5 Epics and MK6 Ships, Plus access to all EPIC Perks)
    Captain Training is the same for everyone
    Lobby for Equalized Mode Open Wednesday thru Saturdays
    Developers Need to Make Money, so access to this game mode should be subscription-based(bought with Cash or Pearls). And possibly create a new "VIP Plus" which includes lobby access.
    New Equalized Infamy Ladder Created(with your Equalized infamy shown on your profile)
    5v5 Mode only
    20% lower weapons cooldowns and global cooldown
    20% higher speed, agility and turret speed
    Ships Can be customized with skins through Pearl Purchases
    Weapon loadouts are always saved
    Matchmaking is based on infamy only and never resets
    Online leader board for top players(and top players in each country)
    No Gold/Sugar rewards given
    Damage/Healing will not count for quests or achievements

Aether_Zero likes this.
  7. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

you know that this mode would be dominated by double bubble enofs with max tesshields? then only other effective setups would be eitther "nutcracker" shooter, torpedo/splash damage shooter, double bolt speeders?
    defenders would be useless as they can't compete with double bubbles as they lack speed and their biggest problem is lack of fire power
    fixers would be just punching bags as they would be hunted down by enfos/speeders and their healing would be useless if there were too many double bubbles
    even snipers (and they are known to be somehow OP with high crit dmg) would be useless as no crits are aplied on bubbles
    flare is too weak to get through max bubble with max hp training and (at least) two hp perks, napalm would be kinda useless as enfos are usually fast enough to get from napalms, fire bomb-same case as napalm
    railgun (one of the best bubble counters in my opinion) is useless against double bubble so it would be effective only against shooters and maybe speeers (if you could even hit it with railgun)
    etc.
    do you see it? this game needs balance (or maybe rework of at least one item, if not rework then buffs for it's counters, it's better to buff something rather than nerfing something) to make this mode playable and "meaningful"
    I may be wrong so correct anything I said if it was incorrect, constructive critism appreciated

Spongeboat likes this.
  8. BattleRascal

I agree, the mode would be dominated by whatever setup is currently the meta. And right now everyone would play a MK6 enforcer with double bubble, stun, flare gun and two blasts.
    But an equalized mode has to start somewhere, and then Rovio can tweak from there. At least in this mode Rovio could Buff and Nerf as much as they desire to balance the game Since we are not investing immense amounts of time or money on our gear, we won't be as pissed about nerfs. The gear is free in an equalized mode, you would just pay the subscription to access this mode.
    In regards specifically to keep items from becoming the META, I would not be opposed to only allowing ONE of each weapon/item to be equipped to a ship. So enforcers could only use ONE bubble. Speeders could only use one nitro or stun. Shooters could only have one sniper or firebomb...etc, etc. This in my opinion would keep the balance fair between the ships.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  9. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

but you know that some ships need to equip two same items? defenders need to equip shields to survive, they need something like ex cannon/blasts/std cannons as they'r slow, big and they have limited firepower, speeders are can of course run nitro+OB+shield/stun/frost but they are better when they have higher speed, fixers usually tend to use 2×bolt+pulse/2×pulse+bolt/bolt+pulse+box/2×bolt+tape etc. so fixers usually want to equip two same items and forcing them to use three different is bad imho

BattleRascal likes this.
  10. BattleRascal

All good points, I hadn't put a ton of thought into every ships needs. Perhaps the better option for the Developers is just to create a starting point and nerf/buff items in the equalized mode as necessary to stop METAS from occurring. This would require an immediate nerf to bubbles and cannon burn damage. But the developers would have be committed to getting this right, because the METAS will become obvious immediately since we would have access to every weapon/item in the battlebay inventory. I'm all for being a BETA tester in this mode. I think they can get it balanced with the right dialogue with the community.

ShipCrusherCz and *JAWS* like this.
  11. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

META is what P2W model based off of for this game. Shifting META from one ship to the next forces whales to spend to have that meta.