1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Grenade Launcher / Explosive Canon bug

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Sidelinegamer, 2 Jul 2018.

1. Sidelinegamer

Sidelinegamer New Member

Myself and a couple other players have noticed a bug recently where the grenade launcher and explosive canon deal no damage to the target even with a direct hit.

It seems to happen at random (and no it is not me missing lol), as you would expect it puts a damper on the battles where this happens.

wreck your day likes this.
  2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Grenade launcher does not always hit where the target says due to waves movement. And both weapons can be subject to lag, whereby your device shows a hit, but the server says that it missed (and server always wins). Also, if you have massive lag to the point of almost disconnection, your screen may show you shooting, but replays would show you standing still.

3. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Do you have a replay tag where this occurred?

4. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Unfortunately lag exists, and grenades and explosive cannon projectiles are slow so they are affected more by it. Happened to me quite a few times on my grenade launcher too, when I shot the grenade and the screen shows it, but the server doesn't register, and the enemy escapes unscathed from a bull's-eye hit. Later on, when I watch the replay of that battle, it doesn't even show me shooting the grenade at all...

5. Sidelinegamer

Sidelinegamer New Member

Thanks for the info!

My ping is about 120ms which could be causing this according to what you have said, I guess I will have to deal with it until my ping time improves

6. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

120 is healthy ping dude. This happens when ping is 300+.