1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event 6 Reward Requirements and Tips - My Team Sucks!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Help I Cant Swim, 27 Jun 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I agree that duelling is an art that is hidden to too many people, majority of people at my infamy range don't even know how to defeat one tiny fixer with only standard cannon in 1v1 situation even when they have their t4 epics
    yep, why would anyone bring big berta, standart mortar, big torpedo and blast cannon to 1v1 event?
    you are doomed once the enemy gets close enough
    I won all my 1v1 battles by now, against enfo, defender and shooters, they don't know how to duel, they never even get me under 50% of my hp (only one shooter got me close to 50% of my hp because he had double snipe and double blast because both of snipers landed crits in less than 4 seconds)

TheAntiSnipe and *JAWS* like this.
  2. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

Well, this event is great, however there is only one negative part of it, which is getting matched with a one level higher MK.

The difference between one MK level is around 150 gear score. Which IMO is unfair because taking shooter as an example, 150 Gs difference translate to 800 Hp difference, 5 armour. This is based on difference between Mk6 & 7.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  3. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    well , i got a long losing streak here , as a shooter with big dps setup ( BT , RG , BB , Mines ) it's just not event for me to win , but as long as i manage to some hit , it's okay , i can still saving some coins :)

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I agree... I like the concept and the event, and everyone should embrace it for the practice. This would normally be one of my favorite formats, but as I pointed out in the other thread, I'm not being fairly matched by any of the 3 possible measurements, not one of them.

*JAWS* and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  5. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

I would like to see this event repeated in future... But then limited by boat type.

Only fighting your copy.

Speeders vs speeders,
    Enforcers vs enforcers,
    Fixers vs fixers,
    Shooters vs shooters,
    Defenders vs defenders.

This would take away the final complaint players have had.

And by getting your butt worked over by someone using a similar boat to you.... is educational. And would create much better regular mode boat captains afterwards.

Jaws

6. ShipCrusherCz

but that would make this mode unplayable for loads of people who use fixer at this event because there simply aren't enough fixers at same gear scores to find a match in normal time, played like 30 battles but still haven't met a single fixer (except for me)

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  7. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    It's worth noting that if you need Gold, you can always buy Perks, then sell them.

8. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Forget duelling, for a quick match you have to be brash and show your power. I go infront of them and just hit them. I keep close to avoid torps and moratrs but I allow them to hit me with whatever they got. Suicidal I know, but it works. I won all my matches until met some mk6 defenders. But what I am saying is that the number of coins you get is based on damage. Do as much as you can cause in some cases the loser gets more coins that the victor if they had done significantly more damage.

Easier option than duelling. Though I have to say duelling would help you in team-play as well. My method in team play only works when the enemy has split up.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  9. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Yeah a lot of combinations can be tried on multiple ships. However on fixer, you are just going to get selfish fixers. No other build is going to be seen.

10. ShipCrusherCz

I use this tactic too, drawed two or three, lost zero and won the remaining matches (only one was 1-0, other were 2-0), haven't died yet because their main damage dealers are usualy big torpedoes and big bertas so I am in save when I get close to them, maybe my std cannon is doing 1/4 of theirs blast's damage but it's compensated with lower cooldown and my ability to dodge their shots and I have tapes so I can, unlike them, heal all damage I receive

Da Carronade King likes this.
  11. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Technically....this is still dueling.

Rambo style. It does work. Until u face someone who maneuvers better than you, or heavier weapons then yours, or better h.p.

All tactics have pros and cons.

But congrats on a dueling tactic working for you.

12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

One problem I can see is matchmaking times. It already takes me 40+ seconds to find a 1v1 match. If it were copies of ships, I think I'd be waiting for 2 minutes at least.

Ain't nobody got time for THAT!

13. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Yeah matchmaking takes a long time. Some matchmaking takes 2 minutes which is ridiculous because half the matches last less than 2 minutes.

14. ShipCrusherCz

I use this tactic, higher hp is no problem, I can easily chase even speeders and somehow heavier guns aren't problem (if they are too heavy I can run because these are only on defenders and shooters)
    and you know why? I am selfish fixer, this is in my opinion one of the best setups to use for this event, but you are probably doomed (as almost everyone) when you meet double bubble because fixer has only one weapon until mk6 so it has nothing for breaking the shield (unless you have tesla bolt but it would only work against single bubble enfo)

15. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

No no no a million times no. This event is great because you don’t know who you are going to fight 1v1 or what their setup is. If you just pair enforcers together it would be so boring to only fight double bubble enfos. Plus, as others have mentioned, the wait times would be even more horrendous.

If the devs made this change in a future event, I’d skip it for sure.

16. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Killing shooters on 1x1 is kind of boring... But enfos, speeders and some defenders are awesome opponents :D

17. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Killing shooters is boring?
    Depends on the shooter, I had a match with @Evilchicken235 and got destroyed (not surprising) as he is high NML player and I am at 2000 infamy :D
    Matchmaking seemed very loose this event, and I was underpowered in EVERY match I played, but I didn't mind averaging 6 coins per loss it was kind of fun.
    Just seemed odd that 80% of my games were against players with 3500 infamy and overpowered guns compared to mine but hey I still got a legendary perk and grinded the coins for my first MK6 :D

18. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Yep! Killing them was boring during the event. Shooters are great on team play but on 1x1 they are the underdogs.

19. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Try telling @American Marauder he is the underdog.

20. ShipCrusherCz

you won't even finish the sentence:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.