1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy system

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Skcid, 5 May 2017.

1. Skcid

Skcid New Member

I started playing today and I don't understand the infamy system. Why there is only 1 person gaining infamy and only 1 losing? It says it's based on your performance so, if only 1 gets infamy you have to be the MVP to get infamy?

PS. Sorry if I don't write correctly, I'm not very good at english n.n'

2. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

When you start out, many of your teammates and your opponents are bots, and not real players. As you get better, you will play against more and more real players. Everytime you lose, you lose infamy, and when you win, you gain infamy. Everybody on your team loses/gains the same amount (I think).

3. Skcid

Skcid New Member

But if everybody gains the same amount then it's not based on your performance :/
    I was thinking why all this people have such strange names...They were bots :D that explains a lot

dikshift likes this.
  4. Miika

Miika Game Lead

You can think this more like a football or basketball match. Everybody in the team gets the same amount of points from winning a match even though you personally might not have scored in that particular match. When you play tens, hundreds or thousands of battles, everything else is random but the only thing constant in your battles are yourself, which means that if you play well you make your team win more often than not, and you keep raising in infamy.

5. Alexkhan

Alexkhan New Member

This not fair when you lose infamy being MVP in losing team. Often i making more than 1500 damage, when average damage of my teammates 50-150 (only one hit?) and some even is afk. So maybe it will be more fair if MVP in losing team will keep infamy or at least lose it less.
    Sorry for my english.

Robert Sundwick likes this.
  6. Skcid

Skcid New Member

Ohhh OK got it, thank you n.n
    It's an interesting system, I don't remember another game with something like this and it looks amazing. Have you ever thought giving MVPs special rewards? Like gaining more resources or infamy on victory, or losing less infamy on defeat? That would be interesting
    I see this in almost every match, just 1 person doing all the job while the rest of the team is afk or just not hitting anybody and it's frustrating. I've not lost yet( I've only played like 15-20 matches) but it's just not fun to win against afks. Maybe in higher infamy levels will be less afks

7. Emilia

Emilia Member

The trouble is working out who in your words is the MVP. All you see is damage and that is how you are ranked at the end, but then there are healers and the yellow items that all have impacts on the outcome without it being recorded as such. Many times the best player for the team is the one ranked last or lower down

8. Skcid

Skcid New Member

Well, that's a good point, I didn't consider that. The first step would be to show more statistics at the end of the match, but that sounds really hard for devs to be made since it's a mobile game and you don't have much space to show them

9. Gillion

Gillion Member

The better players do get more rewards even if it's not apparent at first. I have had games where my team wins but I get next to nothing because I died early and didn't contribute much. However I have also gained a lot of rewards even on a lose when I have preformed well. Just play more games and you will start to see this as well. As for the afk people they do tend to go away at higher infamy levels.

10. Trisha Michaela

Trisha Michaela New Member

This imbalance looks fun

Attached Files:

11. Gillion

Gillion Member

While the match does seem more favored to one side I wouldn't say that it's unbalanced. The other team has a fixer and yours does not. I still have hopes that once the player base expands these issues will be less frequent. Only been in global launch for a day and just needs more time.

12. peaceful monkey

peaceful monkey Active Member

umm thats not that imbalanced they are near same tier rating doesnt matter that much

13. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

No it does matter Orpheus and +sniper+ are REALLY good speeders at first in battle bay most of what matters is ship upgrades endgame it gets to be skill and weapons.

14. MojtabaFoxy

MojtabaFoxy New Member

what should i do with my crazy team members? they don't play.

15. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

All you can do is report them... go to the menu (top left corner), go to battle log, go to the battle with the floater(players who dont do anything all battle, not even move) press their name and report for floating. If enough people report them they will be banned

16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Wow.*blows off the dust* this thread is back!