1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New event 1v1 duels

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by YerJokinArnYer, 27 Jun 2018.

1. SirName

SirName Member

Oh, so you're one of those. I give up on this conversation with you. Someone with less than 300 battles probably seems fair to you when trying to compete against players with over 5000 6000 and 14000 battles

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

So now battle count needs to be added to the list of factors, is that what you're saying?

I've seen players with 26k battles behave like total idiots, and people with 6-7k battles play like absolute beasts. Battle count is not a statistic that can conclusively determine skill.

I'm not one of "those" people who think that a fight is fair if gear is equal. I've seen the loopholes far too many times.

3. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

image.png image.png image.png
    Lol so a noob is considered to have a chance cos he might get lucky if his opponent is not on his game?
    Na that's not how competitions should be set up! Lol yes there's always gonna be better players but some one shouldn't be matched in a game he can only win if enemy stuffs up critically! Or better still gets a phone call or losses connection to server

It's 1 v 1 and everyone should have opponents they can compete against lol none of us are here simply to fill spots so someone else can farm thier shiny new leggy toys
    Those pics are what my new lvl15 guild mate faces with his mk2 and only recently unlocked t2 cannons lol
    Some of these 1 v 1 matches even at my lvl are not simply 1 sided but impossible for one of the player to actually win

Sorry don't have photo app to blank names, but technically they're not doing any thing wrong so not really shaming them

4. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

My favorite battle so far! Benjen is  a monster, I'm so happy I didn't lose :D Screenshot_20180630-101521.png

5. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Defenders are my favourite opponents this event, no matter how much bigger and powerfull they are lol
    Tho a fight till the end would go badly for me I’m confident I can drag it out for a draw and always out damage them so guaranteed 6 or more coins lol

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  6. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

how much hp has he?

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  7. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Got my leggy perk... Fixer perk. NOT AMUSED! Oh well, the gold it scrapped for helped to upgrade my shooter to Mk5

8. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Lol I got rail gun leggy perk a few weeks ago and don't have a rail gun, but kept perk cos I'm planing (hoping) to eventually have one.
    Guess what perk I got today? Still don't have a rail gun and now need two lol

ShipCrusherCz and Aether_Zero like this.
  9. ShipCrusherCz

10. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Just checked and out of the last 50 games I've had 6 losses and 4 draws, so a nice 80 percent winrate. All Defender games too, baby.

11. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

12. ShipCrusherCz

13. mar5hmello

mar5hmello Member

I'm getting KILLED in this event. I keep getting matched with NIGHTMARE league players in Mk7 Shooters mostly. My all time highest infamy is 2930 and I'm currently at 2882. My record for the event is 2 wins, 22 losses, and 9 ties. Not very fun to constantly lose. How are the matchups determined? It can't be infamy only.

I've even played two players on The Rebellion guild, which is the #3 guild in the world!

Last edited: 1 Jul 2018
    Nooobser likes this.
  14. wcc634

wcc634 Member

Okay, I've never complained about matchmaking. I tend to roll my eyes at those that do. Generally speaking, I like the things the devs have been experimenting with, and I think by and large they've done a good job. I've played this 1v1 a lot this weekend, and I've had runs of frustration and runs of glee, too. Pretty much just like every mode of Battle Bay I've played so far. But... tonight, it's like they threw up their hands with the matchmaking and gave up even trying. All of a sudden, the last couple of hours have been almost comical:

I've been in a Mk 5 Enforcer, and my gear score has been between 6900 and 7200 depending on tweaks I've made to my loadout.

And in the 30 battles I've played tonight...

6 were against ships with gear scores between 8000-8499,
    5 were against ships with gear scores between 8500-8999, and
    4 were against ships with gear scores over 9000. Let me type that out again: over 9000.

That's 15 of the 30. And 13 of those were 8200+, or a full 1000 points higher than me. And while I know infamy isn't part of this tournament's matchmaking, 4 of my last 10 battles were against players with infamy 4000 or higher. My highest ever is just over 2100. I finally quit to come write this post when my last battle was against a Mk 7(!) shooter with a gear score of 9419. Hahaha. A Mk 7 with a gear score of 9419. And I'm in a Mk 5 with 7100. That's truly stupid. That whatever algorithm is being used would match those two boats under any circumstances is truly stupid. Hey, I'm pretty easy. I don't need the matches to be restricted to enforcer against enforcer and shooter against shooter or whatever. I don't need the gear scores to always be within a few points of each other--or even always within a few hundred points of each other. I don't need the matches to always be done in so many seconds or less. I totally get that matchmaking these things is really challenging and I haven't had any trouble before now going with the flow. But whatever's happened with my matches tonight is ridiculous.

TheAntiSnipe and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  15. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Well it’s over soon and I won’t be sorry to see it go! Back to team matches please! 5v5 4v4 even 3v3 but 1v1 is never going to be fair truly is it.....roll on Friday! :D:rolleyes:

16. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I have to say the matching for this event has been dreadful! I have been getting matches 1500 above and below my GS constantly unless I use my enfo then they seem ok but that's because I win a lot as it's op for this event with double bubble.

17. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I just faced a 10k GS and I was playing my maxed out ship at 7k! oh yer that's fair :(

18. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

LOL.
    I gave it one last try now... Here's what I got:

IMG_20180702_181629.jpg

Well... Fuck it.

19. SirName

SirName Member

Judging by my experience and other people's comments, it's like this game was made by politicians. They care about the people with money and the ones that don't spend it get screwed.

20. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The matchmaking was flawed in this event, nothing to do with seal clubbing, nothing specific to P2W players.

While some players couldn't win a game, many had an 80-90% win rate, which is a sign that something is wrong. I found at least one fatal flaw in EventMatchmaker(tm) that involves the equipment load out, and I explain in detail how I was got onto each side of that coin...explained in detail here: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/1v1-event-matchmaking-issues.20559/page-4#post-155439