1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

My observation on 1 vs 1 gear score MM

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Hazimi, 30 Jun 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

Hello battle bay people.

So i've play the 1 vs 1 event since last night. It is an interesting event to play i really like the idea a lot when i heard about this event.

However, after a lot of playing, i begun to feel fruatrated because i mostly lost the battle (only manage to win 2 battle).

Now please just hear me out, im not protesting or complaining. I just want to share some observation and suggestion on the event.

Okay, so base on my observation, the macth making system always put me up against 1000 - 2000 higher gear score against my gear score. Maybe this number is not much when you see it at a glance, but when you check the detail of the item used on the ship it is much different. I use mk6 enfo with 1 legend item, 1 tier 5 epic item and the rest are tier 5 and 4 rare item. On the other side, the enemy with 1k - 2k higher gear score use all tier 5 epic item with at least 1 legend item (sometimes 2 or 3).

Base on the comparison, it is hard to play with gear score difference up to 1k - 2k difference. The damage dealt is much higher.

Im my opinion, it would be better if the MM system could match player with only up to 500 difference gear score ( or at least below 800) so player could really show their skill with a similar gear scorr comparison and doesnt have to feel frustrated against much better weapon. The thing is, in a team play game, the difference of gear score could be compensated by other player in the team while in 1 vs 1 game it is not the case.

Or if the above cannot be applied, maybe player could take turn playing against higher gear score. So if i play 10 games against higher gear score, the next 10 games i will be playing player with lower gear score (just an example).

On other observation of the gear score. I notice that you get a notice that your ship setup is unusual when you want to try other ship with just 1 mk lower from your main ship and the overall gear score become 1k lower. I used to play shooter before i main enfo, so 1 of my red item hasnt really developed yet since i focus to develop my enfo first. My question is will i be penalized because i tried to use my old setup with 1k lower gear score?

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

What you are seeing is correct. The matchmaking is senseless in this event. It's not done on Infamy, Gear Score, or Captain Level... EventMatchmaker(tm) just does what it wants to do. Thus far my pattern is this, with my best ship/gear:

1st 20 matches, my opponents average Captain Level +0, +1000 Gear Score, and +600 Infamy. My record is 5-13-2.
    Next 5 matches my opponents average Captain Level -3, Gear Score -184, Infamy +100. My record is 3-1-1.

This stuff isn't rocket science.

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  3. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    The real question is...Does MMaking REALLY takes your overall power into consideration ?

4. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I just got 3 NML players with 1000-1200+ GS I lost those obviously. But as Miika said MM keeps on changing on the fly. Last 23 matches I got all fair matches GS around by +-200/300 I won all 23.

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

What is the input for the Power formula besides Infamy, Gear Score, Boat, and Captain Level? No combination of those items explains the matchmaking I'm seeing.

TheFixer27 likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.