1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

1v1 Event Reward System Complaint

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SeaNavy, 29 Jun 2018.

1. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Right now, I think the rewards for the 1v1 depends on the damage you dealt + whether you won or not. I don't think this is fair. As a defender, I have tons of hp but not as much fire power, and since most ships are shooters, they get tons of damage, but I don't have the opportunity to deal that much damage since they don't have as much hp. So even if I win, they still get around the same amount of battle coins as me, which I don't find fair. I think it should be whether you won or not + the damage you dealt proportional to the enemy's hp.

2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Lol this is the first event that doesn't heavily favor Defenders. Defenders are still winning a ton, just not getting a lot more coins than their opponents. Wanna give them less damage and get more coins? Swap some of those small shields for Rudders and Gear Lubes.

3. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Its still hard to kill a defender having flare.

4. youhatemetoo

youhatemetoo Member

You are in my head!

On another note I’m beating the bejesus out of players on my real ship with my real setup minus a firebomb subbed for a carronade and making people quit matches where I cap and have only gotten 9 once and 7-8 every other time. How the hell do I get 10 coins? I’m a shooter so I’m going to take some damage..

5. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I'm also a slow-* bass boost* ( HELP ME!!) defender for this event. Every time I win I get 7-8 coins and enemy gets 4 or 5 so I'm fine with it.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  6. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

the system is not fair, I deal around 6k damage and win 2-0 and get 6 coins while my enemy deals around 12k damage (I am selfish fixer so I can absorb tons of damage) and receives 6 coins too

Sewah and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  7. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Another person I ain't helping. No selfish fixers allowed :cool:

8. ShipCrusherCz

mainly for events, I am not planning to use selfish fixer in normal mode more than my speeder

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  9. ShipCrusherCz

no hate against group of people allowed;)

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  10. youhatemetoo

youhatemetoo Member

How many selfish fixers exist sub 1500? Usually that’s a mk6+ thing

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  11. ShipCrusherCz

I know three, me and two guys I met who were fleeting together, they wrecked enemy before we (shooters) could even get in our weapons range

12. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

How would that give them more coins..?

13. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

I have noticed this and I am annoyed by it greatly

7A23F4ED-9906-4662-ACC6-B49046CDE7F5.png D577F7C1-61A4-4AA7-B45A-4BC16F98A3EC.png 9DAB930D-FE75-4912-AC6F-0AE8E6339296.png

Why am I getting the same coin amounts as the guy who got his butt whooped 2-0

14. Ackoroth

Ackoroth Active Member

Attack Helicopter
    I’m getting destroyed by defenders in the 1v1. My speeder can’t deal enough damage most of the time :(

15. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

It's the other way around for me, speeder destroying defender

16. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Probably because this event uses regular contribution calculation to figure out the amount of coins awarded, and damage is weighed more heavily in that than self heals.

This is, of course, wrong. In a 1v1 battle, 1k damage and 1k healing have exactly equal impact on the match outcome and should be weighed equally. The devs should have a look at this.

17. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    Can we all agree its just messed up
    I think some QA is needed

18. youhatemetoo

youhatemetoo Member

Well this being 1v1 it is how you do as an individual so someone doing more damage to a fixer but still losing...(if he normally has to do 16k to win and has to do 25k against fixer) should be rewarded for their ability to do that damage. I see both sides because a fixer can heal a lot and can run away from shooter/defender. If you have the self heal capability it’s hard to beat because you can be at full health before they come back after a death

19. Ackoroth

Ackoroth Active Member

Attack Helicopter
    Yeah, I’m more of a support role in normal matches, and I don’t have any more weapons I can use. Lol

20. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

It was a rhetorical question, I know very well that the game uses damage to determine about half the coin amount and self heals not so much. This is stupid though. My boat and skills clearly are better than that guy. I could have killed him 50-0 if the game let me. I do not care he has more damage than me. My strategy is to win. And the strategy I use to achieve this is quite literally being punished by in game calculations. I love this event, Just wish I could use this setup to the same gains as others since it is really fun.