1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Come on, this is nuts

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flint, 27 Jun 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

About 6 months ago I got an epic turbo. I could have bought a second one for just 4,99, but then the price became 49,99 because I got to mk4 or a certain captain level. Really?! Yep, these prices were here to stay. Same price for some entire games on PS or for the more expensive ones 1/2 or 1/3 of the price. But this for just 1! piece?

Now I know why after 6 months have not found another one. The ludicrous thing is I found 20 epic Rudders and Gear Lubes. Always the same thing, always. And when you scrap them, you get 1 epic item piece and some blue parts and useless powercells.

Weird or what?

Regards,
    Flint

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Haha, welcome to mobile economics. I don't get it either. when you can buy an entire physical gaming console + games for the price of a few virtual Battle Bay items that ultimately are a tiny fraction of what you need to increase your power.

3. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    I do not know what dummy would actually buy.

If you have that much money, donate it to a good cause

ShipCrusherCz and xxxBISMARCKxxx like this.
  4. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Yeah it's ridiculous. And they clearly limit turbo drops. But fyi you can get 1 turbo as part of the speeder bundle for 29.99 along with 2 other items. It comes up every now and then. Maybe they'll take it out now that I'm bringing it up lol...

5. xxxBISMARCKxxx

This deserves more than the one like I can give it. Wallet warriors need to check their moral compass for proper functionality. As does Rovio for encouraging that behavior as well as trying to take advantage of gambling addicts.

6. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

That's just not true. Turbo has been the most common blue item for me recently and I just got one this week by combining. Sometimes rng just hates you, but that has nothing to do with ratio manipulation.

7. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Probably because you already have an epic turbo in use.

8. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I keep getting gear lube and rudder as well. Just remove them and replace them with a combination of the two.

Heck, maybe remove turbo as well and combine it into the item.

As for names...

Uhh...

I'll get back to ya.. hmm...

9. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Wrong, I still use my rare t5 turbo because my epic is only t2. So now when I got the new one this week, I have total two duplicates waiting in inventory and I can finally start to build it to t4.

10. Ackoroth

Ackoroth Active Member

Attack Helicopter
    The speedy gear ludder?

11. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

Turbo rudder lube

Rainbow Warrior and Ackoroth like this.
  12. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    "Oh look! Turbo now increases rudder and turret speed as well!"

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, I can say this: You have turbo, BS, SS rudder, GL and bandage as blue items. It can be considered a dice. You're betting for one number on the dice. The statistical probability of getting it is already pretty low(1/6=16.6%) meaning that for six rolls of this dice, you get ONE turbo. Actual probability is even lower in this case.

Also to ease your fears, I've had the offer to buy a turbo twice, once when it was a T3, then when it was a T4. "Evolve now, do it!" Lmao hell no.

I got my turbo to T3 later ofc, and at T4, I actually have had an epic turbo come over extra but I don't need it at all. With all epic perks, both my main ships no longer need an epic t5 turbo to reach speedcap.

So no, RNG is not throttled against you, but by the nature of its randomness, bad rolls are bound to happen.

To everyone who gets the stereotypical rudder and lube, let me remind you that the statistical probability for that is 1/3. 33%. For every three spins, you're gonna get shafted, statistically speaking:p;):p

14. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I get gear lube or rudder every time I combine epic blues. RNG is being an asshole.

At least I can scrap those useless items

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It's an open market. Buy if you want to, don't buy if you don't want to. There are unnecessarily expensive things everywhere in the consumer market. Look at you btw. You're using a pretty expensive mobile device to play BB on, with an internet connection whose cost could feed a poor family for at least a full week, most probably more. Do you judge yourself that way?

No?

16. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Focus on rares! The epic ones take way longer and a T5 turbo + proper training can be almost as good as any other turbo (because of the speed cap)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    i started playing almost 1 year ago.And i have epic turbo at lvl 20 and big shield lvl 20.For last 3 months im getting rudder.dont know why