1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How about new infamy gaining system.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by sunil birda, 27 Jun 2018.

1. sunil birda

sunil birda Member

In current infamy gaining system, no matter how good we perform if my team loose a match I will loose 24 infamy points whereas in opposition winning team, even a floater will gain 24 infamy points. This is somewhat injustice. How about changing it to that top performer of losing team will maintain it's infamy along with worst performing player if winning team. No gain no loss for these two spots. It may address to complaint of flawed matching up to an extent. Because many times I lost 10 matches in row despite being top performer. It will allow same powerful ships to stay in same infamy leading to good Matchmaking.

2. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I like this idea but can immediately see a downside, much like when the stars are the goal in TDM it will mean players just trying to do the most damage and not killing off damaged ships etc and working together.

3. sunil birda

sunil birda Member

That's why I mooted the idea of retaining current infamy because to gain 24 infamy they still have to win and work as team.

4. Cricketmad

like I said I like the idea, it is just my mind automatically goes to I must make sure I get max damage no matter what so I don't lose infamy. I am sure others would too. Hopefully that makes sense

5. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Some ships naturally do more damage. Like it would be normal for a shooter to do more damage than a speeder, and speeders shouldn't be penalized for being in a team of shooters.

6. sunil birda

sunil birda Member

I mentioned top performer. Performance can be segregated on basis of shil like how much healing a fixer do, how much stun yellow ships do or howm much damage Tesla shield absorb or how much damage defender take . It is still idea and much can be addedor changed to it but atleast there should be something for top performer that distinguish him from low performers.

7. Cricketmad

Not being horrible but you have seen the number of threads moaning about how poorly the stars are given to fixers so there is no way they would do that. I wouldn't split it by ship as they couldn't do this but if each kill added say 1000 damage to your score that would help speeders as they are the finishers and fixers could get half of the fixed amount as it is much easier to fix than do damage. Something like that might work.

8. SeaNavy

And how would you invent such algorithm to calculate the exact contribution?

9. sunil birda

sunil birda Member

Developer has every data. Just the way shield knows the power of damage it has been hit by because it is not broken it can be calculated in the end.

10. SeaNavy

You need an equation before calculating. And how would you come up with that equation.

11. sunil birda

sunil birda Member

I will work it out in my afterlife. :):)

12. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

So when a speeder distracts the whole team but doesn't get many stars he should lose infamy?

Or when a defender tanks for the whole team and doesn't get many stars

Or when a fixer keeps the entire team alive but doesn't get many stars

But when a shooter is sitting back spamming mortars while the entire team dies he shouldn't lose any infamy because he was top dmg dealer :)

Cricketmad likes this.