1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Rovio add more weapons?Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ImmaCerealKillerBay, 19 Jun 2017.

1. ImmaCerealKillerBay

ImmaCerealKillerBay Member

Killing,Shooting
    I know it's been a while that i tested all of the red weapons.To me we are just using our own deck to gain victory since the release of Battle Bay.So,if Rovio adds more weapons, will it be Best or Worst?We need some close up weapons (Ex. Flamethrower) or long range weapons (Ex. Homing Missile) to use in battle.We aren't sure if rovio wants to add more weapons.Bye and have a great day!

2. Xilly

Xilly Member

Doubt homing missiles will be implemented. I think everyone will try to use that since it will be very easy to use and damage other players. Although I do like the flamethrower idea. Just don't give it a fire DoT.

But IMHO, I think they first need to include different game modes or improve guild features and also matchmaking first instead of adding new weapons/items. Cause people are already having trouble farming items to level up their rares/epics. Adding more will just make it much harder

3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

More weapons = lower probability to find duplicates.

It would be very far down my wishlist to make the grind to endgame even longer.

4. ImmaCerealKillerBay

Killing,Shooting
    If homing missiles were added,It would be great to damage speeders.If flamethrowe rs were added,then it would set a ship on fire for 5 seconds only.My only wish is for the luck of getting a duplicate increases.

5. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Air strike. Tap it, and a bunch of angry birds fall from the sky and crush the unfriends. Boom. Brand tie in. I. Am. A. Genius.

6. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think Rovio needs to rethink this mechanics of the game entirely (um, Crew Crates please? ) . Not being able freely add more weapons(content) to their game without messing up the drop rates of items is something Rovio completely overlooked.

Last edited: 19 Jun 2017
  7. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Rovio didn't overlook that, it's on purpose.
    It reminds me of Payday 2, where most of the cosmetics and non-DLC mods were on a random card system. Every heist you completed gave you 3 cards that contained the ability to unlock new stuff. Every time they added anything, it was either added to a DLC pack, or added to the card system. Rovio input the RNG system when they already had the intention of adding new content in the future, so they already knew it would slow you down more. That's the point.

On-topic:
    I want moar weps! I don't care at all how long it would take me to get the gear. I want a melee weapon, preferably an axe, a tick-damage gun that isn't fire, I want lightning that does damage, I want a mortar that fires multiple times, I want a machine gun that's isn't nullified by armor, I want a gun shaped like a chicken that fires bacon, I want a non-green non-yellow item that can CLEANSE CC, a wash-bucket for Fixers that can cleanse burns, I want a homing missile that can be shot out of the air by other guns, I want a yellow item that lets you jump, and I want it all by Christmas!

Before all of that, though, a new mode would be cool. An actual KotH mode, for instance. Maybe a regular TDM?

HappyEvil likes this.
  8. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I don't like the idea of target seeking weapons, that property would be so powerful that the damage would need to be reduced to garbage level for it to be balanced. Imagine homing torpedos at normal damage... *shudders*

One thing I thought of is a guided torpedo. Imagine that as soon as you fire this torpedo, you lose control of your ship, and get to steer the torpedo instead, until it explodes. Would be a fun little thing and less overpowered than an automatically guided one (meaning that the damage could stay relevant).

9. Vidar-Z-

Vidar-Z- New Member

Yes.

I think they should have classified weapon types by rarity rather than damage types.

I've noticed that rarity is now merely a soft pay to win feature in games now. Where I feel that weapon types with fundamentally different mechanics should be rare, but included.

Like maybe cluster mines... Miniature mines to obstruct pathways easier with less damage per hit.

Airburst fragmentation projectiles, another class of surface to ground missles.

I'd personally hate homing missles, as aim assist in this game practically does all the work.

10. ImmaCerealKillerBay

Killing,Shooting
    Cluster mines is a good idea

11. grampps

grampps New Member

Would be good to have different options for Fixer green slots. Maybe a group or targeted shield?

12. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Patch hitting today with a new green item!
    [And nerfs to the excisting useable ones]