1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Make mines ineffective in cap zone in the next event

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TheAntiSnipe, 21 Jun 2018.

?

What do YOU think?

1. Mines and napalm are fine as they are(/I use them myself)

2. Mines and napalm should not work inside cap zone

3. Mines should disappear when a player respawns

4. Troll option ;-)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

1. When you're talking spamming an entire map with mines, speeder is not the only class that suffers. Idk about your infamy, but in a low cooldown event, you can put mines everywhere if you're a speeder.
    2. Mines last pretty long, but that's not the issue. The issue is that, in normal mode, mines have been adjusted in duration as well as damage to make sure one is quite enough to prove gamechanging as well as if the caster of the mine dies, it is enough to make his presence felt if he placed them well. Now with respawns, the effects can be felt. Tons of one hit kill mines spread across a vast area. Having one mine user in your team(who isnt a spammer) makes a big difference. Bigger than in normal mode.
    3. Sure, I tried running interference once. Thing is, there's four others to worry about.
    Also, again in a one-on-the-enemy scenario, mines and napalm are bad because the enemy can just sit in the zone while you cannot even enter to try and halt the cap timer.
    4. Again, four people to worry about. They'll easily kill you while you're trying to kill the spammer.
    5. Exactly my point. See point 3.

2. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    I hated the mine and napalm spam too, until I realized that it is a very good strategy to use. Also, if mines would disappear on death than the death from beyond achievement would be much harder to get

3. The Black Rain

The Black Rain Member

A. Each team has the same number of players.
    B. In my hundreds of battles played in death match, I’ve never encountered a situation where there were so many mines and naplam that the game became unenjoyable or unplayable.
    C. This list got me thinking about that Jackson 5 song ‘A,B,C,’ And now it’s stuck in my head.... :D

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  4. KINGIVANOV

Teenager
    What’s your game tag, I want to friend you

5. TheAntiSnipe

It's actually a very easy achievement, and I only suggest this fix for events. I have no issues with mines in normal mode and acknowledge and respect the skill of a miner.
    Well, idk about all that, let's ask a dev.

Miika(I didn't tag you but hope you're reading this) can you tell us all about the devs' stand on this? Maybe some stats as well?

6. TheAntiSnipe

My tag is #SHRNBCQR for anyone who wants to take a look at me or add me. My door's always open for advice :)

7. The Black Rain

The Black Rain Member

Yes please. I love stats, although I’ve never seen a dev give them. I’d also love to see some stats concerning my hit/miss ratio with regards to my different weapons.

TheAntiSnipe and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  8. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Look this profile: @Miika , there are some really cool stats published there from time to time ;)
    PS: Now we know the devs don't receive notifications when we tag them, I can tag them without thinking I'm disturbing them for nothing :p

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

Miika is a huge source for stats, especially those people can refer to for balancing. You should definitely check out his page as @Rainbow Warrior said

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  10. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

iam pretty sure that i have said before to make it last only for 30s ;)

11. Kurd1stan.

for couple of matches( in the last event) i used a (lvl20 rare napalm , lvl1 uncommon napalm, lvl 1 commo napalm, lvl20 epic mine, lvl 30 rare mine )mk6 shooter , in one match i did a very low damage but i still got 10 coins:eek: (won), and there was a defender in enemy team with 3 mines :eek:, it wasn't annoying for me :D, but @PastelPiku was in enemy team ask him if he enjoyed or not !

PastelPiku likes this.
  12. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Do you have the replay for it, I forgot how that turned out but I imagine I spent some time trying to clear mines for my team lol

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  13. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I got death from beyond with a flare gun, damnit. Just get an extremely powerful flare, get into a 1V1, wear em down, then when they are low health shoot them with flare and do nothing, Let them kill you

PastelPiku and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. The Black Rain

The Black Rain Member

Would it even be possible to make certain weapons not work within a given area of the map???

15. TheAntiSnipe

Probably not, but I think the "mines disappear after respawn" suggestion is workable

16. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

Wiping a player's mines just cuz they die seems a bit harsh.

Would prefer if they just speed up the self-detonate timer by the same percentage as the reduced cooldown. If they can launch mines 20% faster, they should also pop 20% faster. Agree that the way it currently is encourages much cheeze...

17. Bunty1111

Bunty1111 New Member

18. KINGIVANOV

Teenager
    In fact I have done the death from beyond achievement 23 times, most from my big Torp (rare 30, 1203 dmg) I was just saying that it would be harder, not that i haven’t got it. But I do use a tier 2 flare and blast cannon now

19. KINGIVANOV

Teenager
    I think the developers could (emphasis, not will) make a invisible wall, so that mines wouldn’t be able to be used, though... I guess mortars wouldn’t work either.

The Black Rain likes this.
  20. Kurd1stan.

i don't have the link (i guess) and i have many battle after that battle , but i will search for it
    info : it was in foundry , i won( 10 stars), you lost (less than 10 stars:p) i was playing shooter , you were playing enforce

PastelPiku likes this.