1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

When will the Nightmare Reset issue be addressed?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by envylife, 20 Jun 2018.

1. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Neither Barcelona and Malaga or Golden State Warriors and Atlanta Hawks. But you need everyone to make a competition.

2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I think the biggest difference is you only have a set number of games you play in those leagues. In BB, you can play "infinite" games and can thus increase your "ranking" drastically. Sports would only compare to BB if you made them play infinite games.

3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

So you are proposing everyone gets reset to infamy zero every 2 weeks? That's hardly enough time for everyone to get back to their real infamy before getting reset again.

I would be OK with this under the condition that everyone's items and ships are the same. However, Battle Bay is not that game.

4. Rainbow Warrior

Hell no. I'm saying it is healthy to have a reset. Maybe it should be with 5k or or more, but it would be boring without it.

Last edited: 22 Jun 2018
    SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  5. envylife

That would be an improvement... that way the trickle-down effect would be limited to Nightmare players, most of which have maxed out weapons, unlike Ace. Make it happen!

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  6. Rainbow Warrior

Actually, look at this very old answer from Miika, when Kitterini pointed out that the infamy reset at 3500 infamy points was a problem
    It seems to be something devs think about and they will do something about it when they think it'll bring more solution than new problems. Just my opinion, I don't know anything about how to balance a game :p (sometimes I think I don't even know how to play it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)

wreck your day likes this.
  7. envylife

Was the reset 3500 at one point?

8. Rainbow Warrior

Yep

9. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

And they should probably move it up again

10. envylife

Yup... that was why I asked... it's time, and I'm not sure 4500 is good enough... 5000 makes more sense at this point.

Joey who and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  11. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Maybe all of the above. Reset every player above 4k to the previous increment of 500.

Epekka and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  12. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

You know what will happy then. Players like me and so many others who are in ace league for eternity will get to 4k mark. And new clutter will form from 4k to 4.5k or 5k whichever they make the reset point.

Last edited: 21 Jun 2018
  13. envylife

500 isn't enough. Being in Ace I frequently shed 500+ infamy in a 24 hour period after the reset because my matches get filled with lower level Nightmare castoffs who have also shed 500+ infamy and their 2500 higher Gear Score makes it challenging.

14. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I think infamy should reset to around 4800-5000. People who can get there have max most of their epic items already. The only differences are skills and how much better your items are from max epic.

15. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

The bay grude event proved that having better gear can overcome lack of skill. No matter how skilled you are and no matter how hard you can carry your team if you don't have weapons that can dish out significant damage you never gonna stand a chance. At least in 1v1.

16. d_p air

d_p air Member

Of course, BB is not a skill based game.

17. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Sigh, yes it is. Let me quote my past self here:

18. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Well yeah, but 1v1 is a much simpler situation than 5v5, so there are much fewer other factors besides gear. So of course, in 1v1 gear matters a lot.

19. envylife

Yes I do think this is the appropriate range... that reset range will result in a push-down affecting only Nightmare players and leave Ace I out of it. @Devs what say you?

20. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Some people are just really BAD. I think we've seen it all, a 5 weapon slot shooter who only cycles through 1 or 2 items, and shooters who only fire once every 30 seconds. We've seen some crazy stuff spectating peoples play styles after our death.
    Lets say for instance that SKILL was something that had a measurement as well(purely judgemental) of 1 to 100
    A person with level 10 skill, it doesn't matter what their gear score is, will be really bad and those are the guys with MK6's and 8000 gear scores at sub 1000 infamy.
    A team of guys with level 50 skill and 10,000 gear scores would likely easily beat a team of people with level 75 skill and 6,000 gear scores. Skill alone is not enough to overcome that much difference in weapon strength if the higher powered players at least have reasonable skill.
    Skill and weapon power are both factors in ones infamy and there might never be a conclusive answer as to which is more important.
    My personal belief is thatthat Strength(Gear Score) accounts for about 60% of your infamy. Skill accounts for 40% of infamy.

Bill Miller, PallabKumarS and Miathan like this.