1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The gearscore of the legendary weapons is unbalanced

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by EduardoMeliss, 15 Jun 2018.

1. EduardoMeliss

EduardoMeliss Member

It is not possible ...
    :p
    Screenshot_20180617-214123.png Screenshot_20180617-214209.png :D

Last edited: 18 Jun 2018
  2. EduardoMeliss

EduardoMeliss Member

how much difference of power ??
    By Event balanced for all

descarga.jpeg

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Watch this, I was playing a tiny lil mk4 shooter for fun, no cheating and no manipulation.
    Screenshot_2018-06-17-17-18-39-452_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    Wow really. Someone just WALKS IN with two legendaries, where I have uncommon and rare t1 gear. Just wow.
    Screenshot_2018-06-17-17-18-44-175_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    GS of 3337, okay, okay...
    Maybe someone on our team balanced the scales?
    Screenshot_2018-06-17-17-18-59-574_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    Ooooh, wow... So someone with THIS gear can have THIS gearscore. And someone with weps that take off 1200+ HP a shot can have 3337!

4. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    Legendary build is more efficient in gearscore than epic...epic is more efficient than rare...
    My rare blast with raw perks does 750 damage with a gearscore of 850 and a leggy 1 level blast does 800 damage with a gearscore of 550....
    Hmmmm...its so balanced i think....

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. vbkevin57

vbkevin57 New Member

Here is my lvl 50 epic BC and my lvl 10 legendary BC. My epic is vastly better and will be until I get a high level t2 or t3 legendary BC. Screenshot_20180618-001333_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20180618-001343_Battle Bay.jpg

6. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

If you were able to add a 4th perk to a lvl 10 legendary, yes it would be equal/better than a lvl 40 epic with 4 perks and it’s gearscore of 1146 would have another 140 added to it equaling 1286 making it more than a equal strength epic.

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  7. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

IF A FROG HAD WINGS HE WOULDNT BUMP HIS ASS EVERY TIME HE JUMPED
    .. LOL HAD TOO

Nikkie! and Help I Cant Swim like this.
  8. EduardoMeliss

EduardoMeliss Member

Lol ...
    FairPlay

Attached Files:

9. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

There is nothing wrong with the way gear score is calculated based on rarity. If you think so, you are totally misinformed. Perks are weighed very heavily into gear score though.

Also take into account that event matchmaking is based on POWER.. not just gear score.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

If so my MK2 Defender with 4800 gear score must be just as powerful as all the MK6's with 9-10k Gear Score because that's all I get in my matches. Well ok, the occasional MK5 and MK7... or the occasional 8 MK7's. I must be POWERFUL!!

11. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/epic-item-gear-score.19577/

12. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

That's because you are trying to fool the system by taking underleveled ships and items into battle. If you are trying to fool the system and the system catches you, how can you complain about that?

13. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Yeah thats true. Mk2 with 5k gear score. Thats way too high. 5k is for mk4s.

14. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    They removed most of their perks on weapons because perks count for a lot of gear score. For example, my rare tier 4 ex cannon does 850-900 dmg with 3 dmg perks, but after removing them I still can do 700+ per shot with only %50-%75 of the previous gear score.

15. envylife

You are making the false assertion that it is some kind of balancing algorithm that puts me as an MK2 in a match with 8 Nightmare players, all but one in MK7 boats. Hint: I run an MK6, mainly Rares and have never been close to 4k infamy.

The issue I'm pointing out is that EventMatchmaker(tm) is seeming to select boats at random, and then balancing sides by this Power Rating rather than putting boats of similar power rating in a match. It results in really odd matches, more so with the MK2 Defender, but it's just as likely that I'm in a match with a 6k infamy player in either boat. I'm OK with that in my MK6, but in an MK2 it's nonsensical.

16. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Post your event setup and your normal setup please. I guarantee you what I have said is what is happening. You are being viewed as having a much higher gear score because you are either leaving items off or using underleveled items/ships.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  17. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Yes, the matchmaking in this event, and the last one for that matter, is much harsher on anyone using alternative setups with lower gear score. You often end up with the same opponents that you would if you ran your full ship. There is much less room to ‘improvise’ than the first few events.

What's Up Player likes this.
  18. envylife

Are you implying the power rating takes into account inventory items? Either way, I run my MK6 at full strength....same as rated battles. When I use the MK2 I take over 4 of those 7 items, 3 Rare and 1 Epic.

19. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

What ship mk do you have unlocked for that Mk2 ship? I believe the matchmaker takes into account what Mk you could be and then gives you a gear score based on what items you have equipped that aren't underleveled. That is why you see so many mk3s and mk4s with max epics/rares fighting way higher apparent gear scores. They are being treated like they have a maxed version of that ship.

20. envylife

If that was the case it would bump my EventMatchmaker(tm) gear score from 4800 to 5350, as it appears am MK6 boat is only worth 790 GS. It doesn't answer any of the questions I raised.