1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm panicking, low infamy

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SupremeCalamitas, 21 Jun 2018.

1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I'm a mk4 speeder with a blast cannon that deals 593 damage, an explosive cannon dealing 525, a level 21 uncommon nitro, level 13 rare nitro, level 28 turbo +40% perks, and a 390 HP shield.

And yet I'm extremely low on infamy at 1176. I'm losing 90% of battles. I'm really panicking. I should be in master or master 2. HELP! I don't want to be called noob :(

Nikkie! and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  2. SupremeCalamitas

Added fun tags because forums are strange and we need some shit do entertain us.

After reading, go to offtopic for some fun threads. I recommend railgun in high level. Memes.

Nikkie!, Ultrah and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

-insert attention here-

There you go!

4. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Ditch the common nitro for a overboost because usually the nitro slows you down by making you crash into walls. Double nitro is never a good idea. Also, I recomend a different 2 slot weapon than explosive. Maybe big/ swift torpedo.

I am a Mk4 speeder in 1000 imfamy too so I know first hand. ;)What is your strategy for battle may I ask? I could help you there.

5. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Btw I am at 1000 imfamy (not even 1200 like you) with mk4 speeder and that's the highest imfamy I have ever got so don't feel bad. I know when I first got in this imfamy range I had a 7 losing streak until I got back down to 800. But then, I rose back up. You will be fine.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  6. SupremeCalamitas

I don't like to stay with my teammates, for one. Normally I go ahead and scout a bit, but the second I take damage I retreat (I only have 2.1K health, should be understandable).

As for weapons, those are actually the only good weapons I have. I literally have no other weapon dealing similar damage to my ex/blast.

And I don't have the gold to buy a rare overboost. I'm bad with overboost too, overboost is more predictable and thus makes you easier to shoot. I have tons of skill with my nitros, and also know where pretty much every obstacle is. Sometimes I forget but I just turn a bit and hit nitro, dodging a shot most of the time and heading back into commission.

Also is bandage better?

7. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Binitro is a brilliant idea. Them nasty little critters are untouchable!

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  8. SupremeCalamitas

Thank you, someone who actually knows what it feels like to have the skill to use such a load out.

If my cooldown isn't low enough I will be trinitro in MK5 until the cooldown gets low enough :p:D:oops::rolleyes:

9. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Maybe not trinitro... after all you also need some time to aim and shoot. Better to use an overboost (even though you hate it very much, which I understand, overboost can make your nitros go even further) or stun for the 3rd yellow item.

10. SupremeCalamitas

Ooohhh stun..

(Hero Association) Hyper Goner, dragon level ( threat to multiple regions) threat has appeared! We need some class S heroes on the scene. Get a barbershop there too, never know.

Also I just scrapped my level 10 rare overboost, I don't feel like farming gold

11. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Filthy noob ;););) just kidding mate.
    Keep grinding away, I know I hit a wall at 1k infamy too, just had to grind through it.

12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

If you are using binitro, at your level and counting perks, you must have a 4-5 second gap if both nitros go out. That gap is what is killing you, mate. An opponent will always find the smallest of openings in your defence and take you out by expanding on said opening(heavily modded part of "The Art of War"). Thus you must show strength where there is weakness.

Again, I'm not gonna ask you what strats you use because I have a fair idea. With dual nitros, you must be that dude who waits, hidden, then runs into and out of a fight very fast.

At least that's what you visualize happening in your mind. Except you never apply a bit of Murphy's Law into combat. In that dive, half your health goes away. In the engagement, you're 80% gone. Then you nitro, only to realize you're so deep in the enemy line you cannot nitro back out.

-RIP SupremeCalamitas-
    -2017-2018-

Let's talk about how it SHOULD BE.

You start the battle. You see your team, you see the enemy team. You draw observations accordingly. If you have people who have better gear than you both in your and the enemy team, you're going to lure, bait, kite. If you have a balanced team of average gear players, you're going to drop down, assassinate, interfere, inititate, and finish fights. If your team is superior, you're going to be the knife, sharp and undetected, snatching away stragglers and noobs. If the enemy is superior, you're going to be the parryblade, bringing superior vision and strength-in-numbers tactics into play. You want to turn around 1v1s and make them 2v1s.

Next. You're going to be vigilant. When you know the map, you can afford to pay attention to teamplay. A focused enemy team needs a wedge to be driven. You don't have to be the wedge, but if the time comes for it, you can. An enemy team can appear focused, but if you simply flank them, you've reduced enemy firepower by HALF. If two enemy shooters spot you, that's TEN LESS guns to focus on YOUR team.

Again, as a speeder, stealth is your friend. Stay hidden. Check out enemy formations from all directions. You see a weak spot, a blind spot, walk in guns blazing from an angle they will never think you're coming from.

Vision vision vision. Find out how much time it takes for your signal to disappear. Use it to your advantage. Go in from one direction, disappear and make it look like you're coming out the other end. Then walk out of the SAME end you disappeared from. You'll catch your enemy unawares.

Duels. A game of deception. Be its master. You must never have a routine. Routines get you killed. When people think you're moving in a certain manner, they learn to predict it and kill you. Make them think you're predictable, but turn their tables on them.

Know what your opponent is bringing into battle. This is vital. Find out about every piece of equipment. Appreciate the fact that if your opponent is in battle with you, he has about as much command on his guns as you do. Treat him accordingly. Give no quarter, pull no punches. Never in a duel should you underestimate or overestimate your opponent. Your movement must be perfect. No move should be on a whim, it should all be a flexibly planned plot to take out your opponent. Prepare to be surprised by multiple opponents and to escape at any time.

This is almost the full doctrine that I use in battle. Ofc there are some tiny details I would prefer to keep secret, such as fighting some classes of enemies that I know you will not encounter, or the art of fighting in the clutch against multiple hostiles, which will completely go over your head until you master the above principles.

Now how do you start?

First, you learn movement. People make the mistake of forgetting that the essence of playing speeder is moving. You must unlearn whatever you've learned so far. Join a custom with someone. Just travel through maps for some time. Learn how they are, learn how they feel. Learn how much you have to turn, or how you can reverse fast, how to drift, and then proceed to take the speeder to its limit. The most extreme turns, the fastest reverse maneuvers, the best drifts.

Then work hard on map knowledge. How do you know you're an expert on map knowledge? You should be able to move in the tightest maps in the game while looking behind you, without bumping into anything. I can do it on every map except the non-cap end of WayPains. While learning maps, a lot of knowledge will come naturally. Flow of teams, battle rhythms, tactical movement, blind spots, dead ends, that sort of stuff. Read maps like books. Every little gimmick of every map, that is what you must learn.

Now shooting. Play shooter if you want. Learn how to lead shots. Forward, backward, sideways, diagonal lead. Knowing when a target will swerve, serpentine, throw you off. Shooter will give you an idea of how teams work, what makes and breaks formations, and as such.

Learn how to take hits. Now I know this is going to feel odd to you, but you need to know what you can take before you learn how not to take it. Play defender. Do it for the heck of it. Find out what it feels like to take a REALLY massive punch to the face. This may sound like a load of philosophical BS, and even I don't know why, but defender is what it took for me to get grips on the mk5 speeder. Unforgiving asf. However, you need not do it yet.

Learn evasion. Evasion is special. Without map knowledge, and movement, evasion is useless to learn. Learn when your opponent will be confident of a shot. Having been a shooter will help you in that department. Then throw them off. Your combo. Find what it can do. People seem to be very slapdash nowadays with their yellow items. You have to trust your combo with your life. If you can do THAT, your combo is good.

The last step is integration. All the above steps will come together to make a complete speeder player, who can actually be called a pro speeder. If you're missing even one part of all this, you need more work.

There, that's what you have to do, and forget Master, this advice will eventually get you pretty high up in the speeder respect scale;)

Also, I'll tell you something. The mk4 speeder is built on two pillars. Movement and weapons. It is powerful in both movement(actual movement and control of it) and weapons(heckin' big ones). You're using binitro. I highly recommend not using it. Binitro is a bad idea. A very bad one. You not only have a huge gap in which people can wail on you, you also get lethargic with evasion. You forget what it is to dodge without nitro, or never learn it at all. Same for stun. You start using it as a crutch. Never do that. That's how noob speeders are made. Frost is okay if you have a frost loadout. TS is also viable, but for an agility type speeder, it's poison.

You decide if you want to follow my advice, since I know my nitros. But I highly recommend that you do.

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

A few battles from back in the day for you:

Tell me what you see me do differently, and I'll elaborate

Nikkie!, NeptuneGaming and Ultrah like this.
  14. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

The Master Has Spoken! And the word is gooooood!

Nikkie!, ShipCrusherCz and Ultrah like this.
  15. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Noob.

16. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Try your enforcer a little bit to learn how to deal with positioning. It's harder to learn that only playing speeder, everything happens too much fast ;)

Aether_Zero likes this.
  17. BAJABLASTOISE

BAJABLASTOISE Active Member

I think all those things that Antisnipe said could also apply to a speedy enforcer too. I play Mk6 enforcer and I play NITRO NITRO OVERBOOST. My biggest problem with speeder, a unique drawback of speeder, is whenever you turn left or right it takes the crosshair away from my target, but with my enforcer I always stay locked on (I have move-camera-with-ship turned off, sticky targets on, and usually always play locked-on). With enforcer I often sit in one spot spinning in circles shooting at farway enemies with my cannons until ppl start shooting at me, then I nitro, overboost, nitro again if necessary to get away.

Flanking is definitely a good move for yellow boats. Distract, take a little damage from the enemy, zoom back around.

For a Mk 4 speeder I'd recommend NITRO NITRO OVERBOOST GEAR LUBE BANDAGE. A well-leveled gear lube is helpful because it's really hard to shoot with the speeder when you're turning.
    If you're pretty confident in your shooting abilities, you can replace gear lube with a TURBO or a BIG SHIELD depending on if you want a bump to your speed or defense. Also, double nitro is definitely a lot of fun, great for reversing quick; three-point turns in choke points are a great advantage, but try diversifying your loadout and try a control item like FROST BLASTER or TESLA BOLT instead of your second nitro.

18. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

You shouldn't care about being called noob, I'm a noob with almost 17k battles, and I doubt anybody has more fun with the game than I do.
    Chasing infamy requires to take more "right" decisions than "bad" ones, you must focus your crew training, use mainly one boat and do not keep switching your items all the time unless you prefer to follow the meta. When I tap battle I want to enjoy the game, life is boring enough :p
    Screenshot_20180621-112309.png

19. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I challenge you to run turbo + rudder + gear lube on your speedy boat :D:p

20. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    It's not about skill, overboots let's you travel more distance faster. Although it's only good at mk 5 (I'd suggest OB and bonitro.) Also, start leveling a flare or torp. I used to run blast+ex cannon when I was a speeder too, it's not that good honestly.