1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide for Fixer and Reaper : The Duct Side : Everlasting HP

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Sewah, 17 Aug 2017.

1. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

being normal fixer is much easier in terms of items because you can use almost anything (when talking about green items), you can use even one tape when you wish to
    while selfish fixers need only one of the four items, bolt is completely useless for really selfish fixers, pulse is useless unless you have high level one so it gives some decent self healing, box can be used when you have nothing better because it can counter some lower level burst weapons by the immediate health regen (you can also use it for team healing), tape is simply the best option
    the chance of getting green item from chest is really low when comparing to other item colors and chance of getting tape is even lower so you need to go through very long grinding process to get normal levels of items

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

He left us for Honkai Impact 3rd lol

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  3. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

If it’s due to the RNG that makes one lacking to be a normal fixer then I’ve nothing to rebut that! Hahahha. Very very fair point bro

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  4. ShipCrusherCz

I wanted to say that it's hard to be true selfish fixers because of the RNG
    when you get green item chance of getting tape is 1:3
    when you get random color item the chance of getting tape is 1:34, and you need RNG to give you the one item with chance of getting only 1:34 multiple times to be even usable

5. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I think that actually rage is the reason why there aren't tape fixers on nightmare. People offend them so much that they have psychological pressure to change their items or leave the game.
    I like to play with every boat but I'm mainly a speeder and I do several mistakes, way more than most selfish fixers I played with, but after more than 16k battles only 1 guy offended me, while a tape fixer receives rage on daily basis.

ShipCrusherCz and wreck your day like this.
  6. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Possibly, and if I may add to that, I’d say for a fair reason too. Cause if you’re playing as a selfish fixer but you display decent skills to awe your team mate, putting myself in that scenario, the tendency to rage if pretty low. I can relate because the selfish fixers from ace who triggered me played like a moron and just charged in without any gaming sense as if he’s some immortal zombie with his 3X tapes. I rage not mainly because he’s a tape fixer but due to him being a noob tape fixer with no tact. And because of him and some other instances with other noob selfish fixers, they get generalized to be deemed “useless”

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  7. Rainbow Warrior

I don't think it is a fair reason because there are tons of ace players as noob as they are (me, for example) doing mistakes that put them on the same place (or we wouldn't have the same infamy), I just think it is easier to call them out because they wouldn't be able to fix anybody no matter how much their team wanted.
    They are the easiest target after people lose a battle. "I don't have to even care about how poorly I played, there was a tape fixer on my team, that's why we lost!" is a very convenient argument used almost every time a tape fixer is on a losing team. If Porthos was a noob, I'm sure people would say they lose because of his cannon.

Ackoroth and wreck your day like this.
  8. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

I wouldn’t say that I’m a great player just because I’m in nightmare but here’s my two cents. I think tape fixers do have potential in a sense that they can draw agro while healing extremely fast and be a nuisance- allowing team to have better focus fire on the unfriends. This is what I call a good and smart play by poking in and out to cause diversions. But nope, most selfish fixers just charge in thinking they’re immortal and die without being relevant in the fight. They serve no purpose, can’t heal others, can’t damage, only burdens. It comes down to gameplay and personal skills.

9. ShipCrusherCz

Rainbow Warrior and Mervin like this.
  10. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Hahaha that’s funny! Thanks for sharing and I’ve never seen this highlight before because I’ve never stayed long enough in napalm-ed area XD It’s just a sarcasm to say you enjoy being grilled in fire for probably staying in the affected area long enough :D

11. ShipCrusherCz

I stayed in napalms since the first contact with enemy (my guildmate), there were maximaly two (or maybe three in very short period) napalms on me, got this three times
    I stayed in napalms because we tried to farm some crazy damage (failed, only something above 13k, but only from napalm and flare gun)

Mervin likes this.
  12. Rainbow Warrior

I think you nailed it :D

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  13. ShipCrusherCz

if you want to watch it
    https://replay.battlebay.net/QDGNPNHP#PKLMHXMH

Mervin likes this.
  14. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

True they shouldn’t be idiots, but If a tape fixer doesn’t charge at the beginning and sits back, then that leads to the belief that he is a normal fixer which hurts the team a lot

15. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Lol, thank you kind sir.
    Anyhow bro, just my humble advice- if you’re going down the path of selfish fixer, whether a semi or full fledged one, it’s important to play smart and kite instead of charging to exchange shots in a direct brawl :) Be the first to poke in to draw attention and then back off soon to poke another. Being annoying is key imo as a selfish fixer to have any value in the bay

16. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Charging is fine and in fact charging first is appropriate but knowing when to back off to heal up and poke again is key, rather than going ham and die early then be irrelevant :)

17. ShipCrusherCz

thanks

Rainbow Warrior and Mervin like this.
  18. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

I agree

ShipCrusherCz and Mervin like this.
  19. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

No other made it because we don't
    -lucky to get legend and epic items