1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

In Events people work even less together than normal battles

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Flint, 17 Jun 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello All,

This game was designed to let us work together. Which is nice to play with and against other people. But very few people actually do, unfortunately. I think that 90% of the players do not respond to the in-game commands. not even 'Help!' and you can shout 'Together' what you want, but I wonder ever battle why I do it.

I hope with the Events it would become better, but I can only say it has become much worse. Most are fractically going around the map, not caring if they die 4 or 5 in a row, because I will respawn anyway. So why bother a lot think. They hide even less to avoid incoming mortars and cannon fire, they rush to the spot where the battle is at, without looking what the others are doing at all.

Is it just me? I doubt it, but if it is, then it is a big coincedence I pick the battles where it is one for one instead of one for all.

I can call for the people here 'please work together', but I think the people on the forum are the more serious players anyway.

Time to invite Dr. Phil to the game?

Regards,
    Flint

2. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Agreed. Far too many times I've seen some guy not sticking with the group without permission ( only speeders and really good enforcers should do that) and get killed instantly.

Commands should be followed.

3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Easy solution: Make events without respawning.

Right now you are mostly rewarding for doing high damage, the most efficient way to do that is to rush, so people rush. If rushing and dying was a poor strategy, then less people would play like that.

4. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Or the more you die, the less rewards you get?

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

That would be logical yes -- Doesnt appear to be how it works in practice though :)

Flint likes this.
  6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

7. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

8. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

And the person who stays alive the entire battle should also be rewarded more.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  9. Fixer Wiseman

Fixer Wiseman Member

Maybe 3 lives then you're out ... Will stop people from going on suicide missions everytime they respawn

10. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Reward the mortar spammer who hides behind a rock and uses his team as a meat shield? Nope! But yes, people who just suicide again and again should be punished in some way.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

No... the answer is to reward those with the best Kill/Death ratios, with damage secondary. This is a deathmatch... the reward metric should match that which directly contributes to the win. Capture gives more coins... I still don't understand why best K/D doesn't. Focusing on damage as the reward enables players to kamikaze over and over to deal damage not caring that their deaths are what ultimately lead to the loss.

12. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Rushing and dying IS a poor strategy. The most efficient way to do high damage is to stay alive. Everytime you die you are losing out on precious DPS while you wait to respawn. But you are correct, people fail to understand the basic principle of the game is avoid sinking.

Last edited: 18 Jun 2018
  13. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

You'll wind up with people camping on their guns to avoid missing the kill shot. You'll have someone with 500 damage getting top score for finishing off 5 players at 100 hp each. The guy who pummeled away at their health with 26k damage will get less rewards than the guy who stole his kills?

Make no mistake. Damage in this mode is important!

Last edited: 18 Jun 2018
    StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  14. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    This would kill fixers...

15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

As if the damage metric doesn't? When I ran Fixer occasionally way back in MK4 I would regularly get kills because they always come to me, and I had a burst damage weapon ready for defense.

Yes... as a secondary metric. It's not as important as K/D ratio.

16. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Some dudes rush without waiting for their team respawn n got wret in couple secs... Hope they read these posts

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  17. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

The key, in this event, to getting coins was to deal the highest damage. I would have preferred rewards to be beaned on the highest net damage (damage dealt - damage received).

The event’s rewards structure created that style of gameplay unfortunately.

Players who died 3 times could regularly get higher rewards than those who only died once.

18. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    There are plenty of fixers running secondary weapons like mines and napalm, how will they get kills? Also, if this was implemented all fixers would just run tape to try to keep themselves alive.

19. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I play a game with my son where kills give you more xp and better rewards than damage. The kill stealing is boring, thank god we just play that 1 or 2 hours per week :D
    I liked that suggestion:
    :D

20. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

A few weeks in and I am finding people have finally realised rushing to capture on your own doesn't work....but it's taken a while...sometimes I camp, sometimes I slowly edge towards capture but no RUSHING!

Rainbow Warrior likes this.