1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event 4 Reward Requirements and Tips - Capture the Zone!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Help I Cant Swim, 15 Jun 2018.

1. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Reward Requirements:
    The rewards have changed for Event 4. You now purchase the Uncommon, Rare, and Epic perks, and then unlock the Legendary perk after spending enough coins.
    Uncommon = 20
    Rare = 120
    Epic = 360
    Legendary = 900

Spending 900 coins could result in: 1 Legendary perk, 2x Epic perks, 1x Rare perk, 3x Uncommon perks. You could swap 1 Epic perk for 3x Rare perks if you want.

At 5 coins per game, that is 180 games required to earn a Legendary perk.
    That is roughly 9 hours of gameplay (estimated average of 3-minute games).

Skilled players (also those who can capture consistently) should be able to get a Legendary perk in around 6 hours of gameplay.

Get out there and grind!

Tips
    • You do NOT earn stars for guild quest during this event!
    • Capture gives more coins if you are helping in the zone.
    • Capture no longer resets on damage. Napalm and Mines (and maybe mortars) are going to be important to kill those in the zone.
    • If you are capturing, STAY IN THE ZONE! If you go in and out, you reset your contribution.
    • Cooldowns are not decreased, so using your full setup is best.
    • Every ship can do well in this event. Fixers and Enforcers might be best for this event, while Speeders might be the worst. All ships should be feasible. Defenders might dominate by holding capture point.
    • Try to finish off weak ships as fast as possible. They will respawn and kill them again. You can kill a 4k health Enforcer 3x rather than a 12k heath Defender once... makes a big difference.

Last edited: 15 Jun 2018
  2. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the Mortars, Mines, and Torps are going to be great weapons on this round.

Thanks Devs, I like the new game dynamic of capture, kill, or lose.

Thanks also for switching out of the ticket system this round. I'm travelling this weekend and may not make the cut, but I appreciate you are looking out for those of us with specific time constraints.

Last edited: 15 Jun 2018
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Love your bulletins here, excellent work!

Rainbow Warrior and EyesTv like this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I like the extra coins for capture, but I'm still dismayed that a deathmatch event is not rewarded more by kill/death ratio than by damage. Look...you are guaranteed a win if your team's K/D ratio > 1. You are not guaranteed a win if your team's damage > the other team's damage. That's how deathmatch works. Any other rewards system is missing the point.

Yes there has to be adjustment for Fixers, but individual rewards should be related to K/D ratio more so than damage.

5. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    What do you mean by "Spending 900 coins could result in: 1 Legendary perk, 2x Epic perks, 1x Rare perk, 3x Uncommon perks. You could swap 1 Epic perk for 3x Rare perks if you want."? Does that mean that the legendary box doesn't guarantee a legendary perk?

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

You have to spend 900 coins on the other perks to qualify for the Legendary perk. Important note though: coins will carry over to the next event, but progress toward the Legendary perk (via spending) will not carry over... it will reset to 0/900. See https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/cap-or-kill.20198/

7. Aquaholic

Aquaholic Active Member

Captain
    I like this new system. As coins are carried over to the next event, it means more casual players can, over multiple events, attain a legendary perk by saving up. Previously you had to grind like a madman to get a legendary.

Also, another tip, don't capture solo, on maps where the capture is wide open eg. destruct 9, crude awakenings

wreck your day likes this.
  8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

It does guarantee. I was just showing what you could possibly purchase (and how I'd do it) with 900 coins.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  9. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

MINES ARE SO OP FOR THIS EVENT!

10. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

Some tips I wanted to add for this event:
    1. Always go to capture zone at start. In some matches the other team couldn't get there quick enough to stop us from an easy 30 second cap.
    2. Napalm is way better than Fire Bomb because of the map control. It will also hide your team's torpedo usage.
    3. HP is everything. No one should be using bandage on any ship

Here are my stats for this event, will support them with some screenshots of match history:
    Total games played: 151 (4 Shooter) (147 Defender)
    Draws: 22
    Loses: 30
    Wins: 99
    I played enough to get the legendary perk with (2 epic and 2 rare chests). I set a personal record for my longest win streak at 13. If tie's didn't count against the streak I would have had 26.
    IMG_1284.jpg IMG_1278.jpg IMG_1279.jpg IMG_1280.jpg IMG_1281.jpg IMG_1282.jpg IMG_1283.jpg

My strategy? Get to the Cap area and stay up front. My setup for this was 15k hp defender and run 1 basic cannon, 2 blast cannons. Basically my goal was to draw fire and do point blank damage to the lowest hp target in range. My targeting order was 1. Fixer 2. Shooter 3. Defender 4. Enforcer 5. Speeder.

What I noticed is speeders just couldn't do enough damage with 2 weapon slots and most of the time they would kill themselves anyway from mines or running into torps. So I basically just ignored them altogether. Mainly tried to damage shooters as much as I could while traversing the cap area or behind a barrier close by.

Last edited: 18 Jun 2018