1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

CAP or KILL event horrible matchmaking

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BEN, 15 Jun 2018.

1. BEN

BEN Active Member

What is going on? Ive played 15 matches so far, 2 wins 2 draw and 11 loss. Ive got a gearscore of 11k+ and 5k infamy. When i look at my team mates the majority of them have 3k infamy or less. Most of their gear scores dont even reach 10k. Ive played a match where i lost but got 5 stars/points/tokens whatever it is you call it, and the rest of my team got 0. Its insane.

Other matches dont seem balanced at all. My team mates have 6-9k gearscore, 1 guy with 10k then me with 11k. The other team has 4 guys with 10k or better gear score and 1 guy with 9k. I use a mk7 ship and most of the time im playing with mk6s and on special occations i get to team up with an mk5. Lol

Is anyone else experiencing this?

2. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    Nope !

Never end a complaint like that with that question

Ackoroth and SupremeCalamitas like this.
  3. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

My first two games were all MK6 except for a single MK5 on my team. In both of those rounds, the MK5 kept charging the point and dying over and over, feeding the kill score of the other team. Frustrating, but overall I've been satisfied. Chalking it up to noobs learning strategy.

4. BEN

BEN Active Member

Feels weird. Does not feel balanced compared to other events. Almost all my losses ive gotten 5 battlecoins/tokens. 2 of those games my team mates got 0. Out of the 11 losses you could argue that maybe 2 or 3 of them seem fair. The rest are a clear mismatch.

Ackoroth and Swaf like this.
  5. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

so far i see mk4 -mk7 in same team, gs range from 4k to 12k in one game together while infamy range from 1k to 5k. why match such players together?

BEN likes this.
  6. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    Terrible, just terrible..

Being match with mk7 and all leggy.. Guess gear score matching is out the window

Have 8777 shield, mk6, no leggy and im blowing up in a ball of fires in 2 or 3 hits

Played 11 games lost 11 gamed.. this is stupid

And oh my, yet another example of how the dev's dont care about the players

Last edited: 15 Jun 2018
    xxxBISMARCKxxx, Ciaccio96 and BEN like this.
  7. BEN

BEN Active Member

Okay so i played more games just to see if i was over reacting. 60 games in and ive only won 19 with 11 draws. It doesnt matter if i focus on trying to capture or killing i consistently get the most battlecoins on my team win or lose. I even got a 9 battlecoin loss and draw. So i dont think im in a slump or playing terrible. 60 games is a large enough sample size.

The gear score and ship level difference is just too huge it creates unbalanced matchmaking.

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

The matchmaking is terrible. It seems like it just matches you based on your best item. One legendary gearlube, and you’re getting matched against Mk7 Nightmare players, with a full set L50 Epics.

I cant believe it took them a week to come up with this wank.

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'm currently at 3.5k+, got matched with a NML player in a mk7 ship, 4.4k infamy. The dude got 9 tokens even when we managed to win... What's up?

10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

My Speeder got matched against a mk7 with five L50 Epics and t4 Legendary Railgun.

My mk3 Defender with level 1 Epic cannons (not even upgraded yet), got matched against a mk4 with t3 Epic Blasts.

In both cases there was like 2k+ difference in gearscore.

11. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Yeah there's something weird about it this time, but I guess the non-ticket system has something to do. I felt sorry about an MK5 Fixer that was killed trying to heal me, then we and my other teammates killed 2 or 3 of the enemies and got in the capture zone. Match ended pretty quickly. 10-8 coins for us all but 0 for the fixer because he only healed like 2k and did 800 damage :(

TheFixer27 likes this.
  12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Agreed this matchmaking is the worst yet. I'm having no fun playing with players 1200 infamy and 2500 gear score higher than I. Something has gone terribly wrong.

TheFixer27, FataMorgana88 and Ultrah like this.
  13. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    Thanks for top. I'm going to try dropping legendary bc and use a rare t5 bc...here goes nothing.

14. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Why am I matched against ships with T5 Epic arsenals when I haven’t even gotten a single Crew Member to Tier V training yet?

TheFixer27 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. Scogel

Scogel Member

I was playing as a MK3 shooter with an epic lvl10, epic lvl 12, rare lvl 20, and two low lvl rares as my blue. My gear score is 2.5k. Went against someone with a legendary weapons and a t4 weapon, and 2 t4 shields. That gear score would have been wayyyy higher. What are they doing with the matchmaking. It ruins the fun.

Darth Reaper likes this.
  16. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I am being matched with Paladin, Paterking those heavy weights, with my mediocre 9.2k gear score. I fired all 3 of my weapons on peterking to just break his TS shield:p.

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  17. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Either keep the matchmaking solely based on gear score or make it like ranked. This unusual mix matchups are terrible.

TheFixer27 likes this.
  18. envylife

You may be right here... as soon as I took off my T1 legendary I was finally matched against equivalent players rather than top level MK7 boats. I remember saw this behavior in event #1 with the legendary item as well... replacing it with a Rare L50 (fairly equivalent in power) resulted in significantly different matchmaking. It means the Devs are manipulating gear score based on item tier for some unknown reason... which implies they feel their gear score numbers are not accurate. IMO they aren't bad, and this extra manipulation is unnecessary.

But then again i just reviewed my last match... 6 players have Legendary items, 3 of them have 2. I see 9 Epic T5 weapons (I have none in my inventory).. the gear score spread is 1200 and the infamy spread is 1000, which is less than half the spread I saw before.

19. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    As a mk 5 with 6.5 gear score at 3k infamy (not sure if that matters) I have occasionally seen a mk 7 randomly plopped in with the rest of us mk 5s with low gear score. Idk, it's weird

20. envylife

I tried out my MK2 Defender, and matchups are even more random.... I'm primarily matched up with MK6's, sprinkled with occasional MK5, so it's fair confirmation that gear score matchmaking is no longer a thing. In fact I had a 5000 infamy Mk7 with 12k gear score in that match... a full 2000 infamy and 7500 gear score higher than me! I'm sure I could go on with the random matchmaking, but it is what it is.

Suraj69k likes this.