1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Fixer Can't Save you

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by RippinKittin667, 14 Jun 2018.

1. RippinKittin667

RippinKittin667 Member

If you run off without your team don't yell , "SOS". As your fixer I want to help you. You need me to run across the map for you, I probably won't. I need to stay close to my team and keep as many people alive as possible. As a medic i feel responsible when any of my team dies . I'm constantly put in harms way for it. I will also sacrifice myself for a win. Help a brother out.

2. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

Welcome to the life of a fixer! Just ignore those who do not know how to play with a fixer on the team as just 2 shooters and a fixer can beat 5 if they play together properly

3. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Yep, one of the hardest things as fixer is to accept that your team will never play in such a way that you can best heal them. They will create bad situations and you then have to make the best of it.

4. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    Even at the highest level there are people who don’t understand how to utilize fixers properly.

Fixers give you the advantage of healing over time. You are not invincible if you have fixers around you! Even having 3 fixers does not justify taking 10k damage in 3 seconds, don’t expect that they can save you!

5. Medullaoblongata

Medullaoblongata Active Member

I agree with your post!

And also Conversely to your post. Many fixers separate from majority of the team to help those Players who go solo.Just leave them alone,let them die.They don't deserve heals

6. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

now the topic will come running "shooters" and tell you that it is much harder to deal damage than to heal the team. And that the fixers just push skills by cooldown, "izi play lol" :D

7. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

As a speeder, I can tell you: when I die is all about my choices (bad or good ones), you shouldn't feel responsible for any death on your team :D

8. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

You dont need to fix everyone, follow the one you feel can do the most damage, screw the other. If they stay close patch them up, if not, that's their fault not you.

https://replay.battlebay.net/JJKLQLVR#VHSTBZPP <- Example, i didnt do anything but keeping 1 alive

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. Miathan

It's not always that simple though. For example, sometimes the solo ship meets enemies first. You can then choose to stay with the group of 3, who don't need any heals yet, or try to save the 1. It's sometimes impossible to tell in advance which choice will be best.

10. The Black Rain

The Black Rain Member

Another caveat is that some players will stick so close to the fixer that they never attempt to engage the enemy. People should remember that the fixer is not a mother hen. Cowering behind mother will not stop the enemy from eventually killing all of you.

11. RippinKittin667

RippinKittin667 Member

Some players will stay so close that you have to get away from them to fire a repair bolt to help other friends. That's always a fun one.

12. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

the problem is your team will stay together only if the enemy team is mortars and torps spammer .

13. Miathan

And then there are those who go behind their fixer when they're taking fire, making it impossible to box or bolt them and putting their fixer at risk...

14. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

As a fixer main for me main problem are speeders as they just run and die. Come on if u get couple of hits thn Cant you come back for quick heal.. Grrrrrr. And of course some time defenders too even with 12k Hp they think they are unsinkable. If u can't stay together you die. So please stay together.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Here's the thing though. If your entire team spreads out, except for one crappy Shooter sitting halfway across the map from the nearest enemy, spamming (and often missing) torpedoes/mortars? THAT'S PROBABLY NOT THE GUY YOU SHOULD PICK TO STICK WITH. Pick someone doing some actual fighting to help with, for the love of mercy.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It’s not always that easy. Fixers often follow Shooters into quite open areas, where I don’t like to be. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been killed trying to stay still and get heals, and the Fixer gets hit by a Torp and splashes me.

Fixing Speeders is a completely different ballgame to fixing Shooters. Shooters like it when you follow them and keep topping them up like a Bandage.

That’s the complete opposite of what I want as a Speeder. Please don’t ever ever follow me, you won’t like it where I’m going.

If you want to work with a Speeder, you need to be way back somewhere safe, so that they can hit > run > heal > repeat. You can easily take out the last 2-3 unfriends if you do it right, but the Fixer needs to stay alive.

17. The Black Rain

The Black Rain Member

It really cracks me up when a Speeder calls out “together” just for blasting off for the other side of the lagoon. :D

18. RippinKittin667

RippinKittin667 Member

That's exactly how you take care of speeders for sure. The only trick with that is not showing up on the brink of death and expect that I can fill your HP up completely. Other than that, just make sure you get close enough so i don't miss you with a bolt. Repair box makes that easier though.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    join the duct side

Ackoroth, wreck your day and Miathan like this.
  20. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    no one helps a fixer.But they have to say "together" thousand times before the team understands that.Its better to shift to the duct tape selfish fixer and do good amont of damage.