1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v.3.0 - “Eventful times”

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 23 May 2018.

1. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Its really simple: Aslong as events are deathmatches based on stars you shouldnt play fixer.

@Miika Perhaps its time to consider why Fixing is underappreciated in games with high healing & damage.
    For reference consider why the top 10 healing performances wasnt rated 3* efforts.

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

What I really don't get is this.

Spamming mortars all day is absolutely okay. Does the game look at IF YOU SHOT CONSISTENTLY AT THE ENEMY TEAM'S TOP DAMAGE DEALER? No it doesn't. So why so much hate to healer classes?

I find this mechanic stupid to be very blunt about it. You allow camping and spamming, but don't allow fixers to fix, IS THAT THE BEHAVIOUR ROVIO SHOULD BE SUPPORTING?

Really?

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Ooo... Devs gonna pay today.. #GETTHESTRAP

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

Lol

5. No Time 2 Battle

No Time 2 Battle Active Member

LOL. That’s why I’ve been playing Enforcer a lot. :) However, it doesn’t change the fact that Fixer contributions go unrecognized. That was my point. But, yeah, Enforcer is the way for me to go at the moment.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Maybe the reason is not hate but the fact that coming up with a better fixer contribution system is actually hard. We have even tried asking players how would they do fixer contribution but no one has been able to come up with anything better than what we have currently. What is your suggestion how to measure fixers’ contribution in a good way?

7. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Today, healing and damage have a different value when we talk about contribution, right? If they had the same value, would healing be overvalued? I understand your argument that healing an AFK or someone after the battle is decided should not be counted as a contribution, but I also think that the damage should receive the same treatment in these cases.

8. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I see two options
    1. make damage contribution system same as is the current healing contribution system
    2. make healing contribution system similar to the damage contribution system (just raw numbers without anything else)

9. TheAntiSnipe

Why not find a multiplier to "convert" heals to damage in such a way that it feels balanced? Just to pitch an example, let's say 83% or so. Healing counts as 83% of damage, regardless of how and to whom it was applied.

Way I see it, if mortar spammers are allowed to spam, fixers should be able to heal who they want.

10. No Time 2 Battle

No Time 2 Battle Active Member

I like several comments above where the repair is a percentage. I can understand that. I can also understand if self-healing counting a smaller amount.

Except for pulse, my bolt and box do much less healing than a RG or Flare at a similar type and level. I understand my repair cooldown is lower than most weapons, but that just puts my healing at about the same amount as the weapons of similar level. And just like with a weapon, I sometimes miss. LOL So I can't always "make my shot" or sometimes a pesky speeder comes by and destroys my boxes so they aren't used. I think things equal out pretty well that way. I'm not sure if I made complete sense or not, but I did want to comment. ;)

In the battle that I posted a pic of, from TDM, I contributed greatly to the other team not winning by keeping my team alive. I'd say if I heal a teammate and keep them from dying, that has a lot of value to winning the battle. Seeing the badge, 'lifesaver', pop up makes you think you've done a lot, especially if they stay alive for awhile longer.

11. TheAntiSnipe

I agree, healing someone even if they're acting as a tank or distraction is valuable as well...

So is mortar spamming, it gives the enemy no time to think and helps win the psychological battle. If that is rewarded, so should heals in the same manner.

12. Boeggla

Boeggla Member

Engineer
    Well, you have the stats and numbers, we dont have them. Also we dont know exactly how it is done today.
    You should see how much damage a player does on average with a certain infamy and gearscore, compared to healing, there should be a factor?
    You see the badges e.g. for team healing and livesafer, that could have an influence?
    You could track how much damage a teammate is doing after he would have died without receiving any healing, and how much damage he could do additionally because a stun was dispelled.
    We want to raise the awareness that some action is required here, you should develop some plan how to solve this. I know many fixers that were deeply frustrated since we have very limited contribution to the guild quest nowadays. I also have not many expectations regarding the deathmatches, because I can play only once a day and not whenever the tickets have recharged, well... but being additionally punished because we get less stars is really frustrating again.

13. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I’ve not seen or read anything about how fixer contribution is currently measured, but here’s how I’d do it.

• I’d not count self heals at all. It is too easy to abuse, and opens up floodgates of why bandage self healing is not counted. Only heals to other ships should count. Selfish fixers can get points from causing damage.
    • Once you have that heals level (not inc self healing), you need some sort of multiplier to use to compare it to damage dealt.
      • So I’d work out an average damage dealt by infamy level, and compare it to average (non-self) healing done at those levels. If that ratio is consistent across all infamy levels, great. If not, you’d need to devise some different rates across different infamy bands
    • This would then allow healing to be ‘converted’ to a damage equivalent figure, and used in the same way as other ships stars are measured.
    To measure whether this is effective, I’d be looking at distribution of stars from fixers compared to all other ships. If the distribution of stars was then roughly comparable, I’d be happy, or if not I’d need to adjust the scaling mechanism.

Once you have this set up in a reasonable way, potentially (non self) healing could contribute to quests again.

But here’s the thing, without data there is no way of knowing whether this would work or not. People may complain about self healing not counting, but ultimately if you scale the non-self healing correctly then that should work.

Anyway, having written all of that Miika will probably take one look and know that his current system is far superior. He’ll know all the pitfalls with my model that I dont even know exist. But hey, I’ve had a go at designing one.

14. DarkImmortal

DarkImmortal Active Member

Maybe we are not going to have event this weekend :(

15. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Hi you probably won’t see this, but I think infamy should play a smaller roll in MM than it is now :D in fact I kinda liked it before more

16. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Either a sliding scale that making healing worth more as overall numbers in the game grows (which is where fixer stars tend to drop off, it seems fairly balanced in more typical games). When the game goes to large numbers its often due to a fixer doing a good job, something the current * system has a hard time acknowledging.
    ---
    Another approach would be to make damage that gets healed back up worth less. Perhaps a higher focus on the ''lifesaving" moments & on the damage that leads to deaths.

////
    On another note: Perhaps an idea to post a schedule for upcoming events. The uncertainty seems to cause frustration.

17. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

Why not

Do X amount of heals with pulse
    Do X amount of heals with repair box
    Do X amount of heals with bolt

• Add more fixer specific quest to decrease the trophy multiplier for the protector quest. Balance the trophy lost in the protector quest into the new (as proposed above) fixer quests.

(Similar to weapon specific quests/fleeting gives bonus/use of specific healing item gives x5 bonus etc etc) + discount self heals towards contribution.

Last edited: 15 Jun 2018
  18. TheAntiSnipe

Sounds cool to me, but they'll have to make sure there aren't too many of those.

19. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

This!!! When livesaver pops up they technically have died so after that flag on that friendly a proportion of their contributions should also be applied to the fixer for the remainder of the battle. The longer the fixer can keep them alive the more additional contributions they will get.
    I have said proportion as if it was equal amount they would 3 star every battle (not that I would complain though :D).

20. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

healing 20k-40k +1 star
    healing 40k above +2 star
    of course win is +1 star