1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Kill the Fixer???

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Rez Messing, 6 Jun 2018.

1. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    Has anyone ever considered killing the fixer first as a strategy? Seems to me a lot of battles are lost solely because the fixer was allowed to live for too long. Give it a try and see if it helps your game.... /sarcasm.

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It depends on the fixer in question. I've seen some devious fixers carefully retreat, making you chase them into an ambush. There's also noob fixers with weak gear that you can out-DPS and selfish ones who are distractions.

Making the distinction makes the difference between a noob assassin and a pro assassin.

3. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    I can see that at the beginning of a match but after a minute or so, that no longer applies. I just witnessed a player with lots of hp left, up against one speeder half dead and a fixer that could have been killed off with one shot. The player ignored the fixer who kept the speeder alive and brought himself back to life. He could have won the match if only he took out the fixer first. But he didn’t,

Last edited: 6 Jun 2018
  4. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Depends on the setup and how it pans out during the game. Usually if there is a fixer they tend to be called out first for obvious reasons. The challenge is whether you can get to them or if the unfriendly team is posing too much of a risk and are defending the fixer.

If their defense is strong you'll tend to switch to another priority target and out damage the healing. Personally unless there are 2 fixers, I'd be more bothered about taking out a DPS as a fixer can't cover focused fire.

5. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    Yeah, I had to google DPS cause all I could come up with was “Dumb Piece of Sh*t” and that just didn’t seem right.

6. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Sometimes if it’s a 5v2, (5 shooters vs 1 shooter and fixer) going for the shooter is better because you can out damage the heals, The fixer has no one to heal and their firepower is lost.

7. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Nah! Stun the fixer, leave him/ her alone, kill everyone else, then kill the fixer :D

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    There is not enough stun on a team to keep the fixer from fixing things.

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

There is lol

10. Heroic Mattias

Heroic Mattias New Member

honestly, I play fixer and unless you have duct tape in your build then you are good at healing others and bad at healing yourself, so targeting the healer would be a good strategy, except healers tend to stay at the back (so that won't happen).

11. Clarsach

Clarsach Member

Totally kill the fixer (I play enfo and fixer). Smart fixer will hang back— you can’t nibble away at the unfriends as long as that fixer is there. But if you have a fixer and they don’t, you win the long game.

Rez Messing likes this.
  12. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Your all going about this wrong!
    A fixer on enemy team gives you the perfect opportunity to shine! Unload your torps and mortars evenly among unfriend boats from a safe distance until time runs out ;) it's all about personal damage records

Clarsach and TheAntiSnipe like this.