1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I want the Developers thoughts on showing friendly teammates weapons before match

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Bennie1120, 6 Jun 2018.

?

Would you like to see teammates weapons in the beginning of the match?

1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    81.6%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. Bennie1120

Bennie1120 Member

I want the devs and community opinion on why hasn’t this been implemented already. I’m sure it’s been talked about and I am sure this isn’t hard to put into the system.

I believe that we should be allowed to see our friendly teammates weapons so we can adjust to our play style. This doesn’t make sense that we have to find out about it at the end of the match. It’s close to pointless... i don’t want to find out that I have a Freaken selfish fixer on my team at the end of the match. what are the downfalls of seeing your teammates in the beginning of the game?

If the devs have a great reason why, I would love to hear it.

NeptuneGaming, Ultrah, Hokuse and 4 others like this.
  2. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I've seen this discussed before on forum. I definitely support the idea. To know what our fixer is "packin" would add a level of skill to the plan of attack. Whether anyone from Rovio has every responded to the idea, I don't know.

3. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

This request was beaten to death to the devs many months ago. Instead of adding the good ideas from the community, Rovio keeps dishing out new methods for people to spend money on.

4. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Or maybe they had more important things to do. They have a suggestions list that has over 100 items from this forum... but they have a very small team and it takes time to do these things.

5. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

I think this would be amazing bu as @Help I Cant Swim said, the dev team is tiny, and they are doing very well by releasing what they can.

6. Bennie1120

Bennie1120 Member

I totally understand that the team is small, however I feel like this isn’t a new subject and it should’ve been dealt with months ago. It’s an important feature that should be added. I’ve seen updates that haven’t added any value into this game. For instance, they fixed the bug on rivalry spins where you see that youve gotten guild tokens/pearls before it finished spinning. That was not an important fix. Instead, they should have spent the time to add the feature of seeing teammates weapons before the match.

That’s just my two cents. If someone disagrees with my post about the guild tokens fix please feel free to talk about it so I can get a better sense of why you disagree

Help I Cant Swim and Jimbot like this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It was actually ‘kind of’ important, because people kept complaining that they didn’t receive their stuff (when really, they were just receiving it out of sequence).

When people started claiming that they were being cheated, and demanding compensation, Rovio obviously had to respond.

Being unable to see players’ weapons is not even a bug, it is by design. Trying to figure out what people have, and building a strategy around it is half the battle.

8. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

While I do think that it makes sense to add weapons list on the beginning, other part of me doesn't agree. You see 5vs5 action packed match with mysterious teammates is the whole point. Let us consider a scenario where a friendly ship brings uncommon torpedo for quests or whatever. When I see that in the beginning, I will rage of course. That changes my gameplay greatly. If I see a selfish fixer then I won't expect heal. That also changes the outcome greatly. So for better or for worse as much as I want it to be a thing, I sincerely think that it is fine as it is now.

9. TwoHeadedFreak

TwoHeadedFreak Member

I don't need to know the rarity of their weapons, just what they're packing without rarity would be sufficient. Don't need to know perks either. Just the weapon.

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That gives off mysterious and cool vibes, pardner.

Lol

R4Z0R likes this.
  11. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

Showing team mate weapons is cool. but we loose the thrill ion matches.
    showing the friends weapons means...we follow the players according to their weapons....if he does any mistake...u will start trolling that he donno how to use weapons and all...while playing.
    so as well as positive and negative points are there. so cannot decide good or bad.
    but i am also interested in seeing friends weapons...in matchmaking....

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Not disagreeing with your OP at all. I actually voted yes. This is something that I recommended months ago as well. I was just combating the negative post towards the devs that are working their tails off to make this game the best it can be.

@Bennie1120 as a future suggestion, select the "Display votes publicly" when you do polls. It's much better to actually be able to see who votes for what. Reduces trolling too.

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.