1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Power cells are overabundant

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Yestlermania30, 30 May 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Lol this problem.

Yes it's nasty and no, I've never seen a thread about this issue get attention because very few people at the late-mid to end game have it.

Let's face it, powercells are everyone's bane. Everyone is going to face a lack of powercells one day for sure.

Let's have a conversion scheme, like why not? Common and uncommon powercells are just stupid, to be very blunt. Nobody's even gonna look at commons in the game, and nobody's gonna look at uncommon above Master 1.

Face it. We deserve a conversion system. Let's demand it!

2. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    A conversion scheme, even if super lossy / with a very high exchange rate for swapping, would be a big reward for players who have gathered loads of the
    lower rarity cells. I would be happy if all those lower rarity cells would translate to even a few epic cells.

Jumppanen and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

I mean, really. THIS is the real problem.
    Screenshot_2018-05-30-16-26-27-801_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    Hooooooooly 3.5k common cells. Hooooooooly 5.8k uncommon cells. Like wut? Who's EVER going to use those? Idk about y'all, but F2Ps have hell to pay when it comes to getting epic ones.

There was an idea floated by @AVID about a shop for these cells, but I think the shop would be bad because of RNG. Epic powercells would still be too expensive for comfort.

I say we get a good conversion system. Idc about the exchange rate, I just wanna make the lower rarities mean something.

Ultrah likes this.
  4. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

Yep a conversion rate of 10:1 from one level to the next higher one would be nice.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. ErnestEgret

ErnestEgret Active Member

6. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I think 8:1 is a much better ratio. 5:1 is ideal but that's too low for Rovio. 10:1 is not a bad ratio but it's going to hurt the new players more than the one lacking epic cells now.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

The raffle aint rigged tho. You wanna see rigged, go look at War Robots lmao

Spinners71 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  8. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

My gate to epic progress is the scarcity of epic parts. The purple crack rocks are nowhere to be found. I have plenty of epic power cells and plenty of sugar and weapons to level.

60,000+ gray parts, 30,000+ green parts, 15,000+ blue parts, 25 purple parts, 500 yellow parts.

9. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

yes, war robots are rigged, never got anything good from chests (and I played for months) and now got four robots which cost gold (gepard, gareth, stalker, galahad) and three weapons (orkan, and two aphids) in just two days! I uninstaled the game just for three months, got 3.5k gold and all these items
    system BB is not rigged but from my observation, I get majority of items from raffle from few slots, no matter what they contain
    I never needed to level up common or uncommon items to t2 (if I remember correctly) so I never used these power cells and they are useless in larger ammount because you can get rares quickly and they outperform commons and uncommons because of crew training (=evolution level) limit

10. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

@TheAntiSnipe just got another gareth and gepard!:p also got vityaz but it's useless for me
    that's example of rigged system, not guild raffle in BB
    today I got another gepard:mad: so now I am sure that the system in WR is rigged, in BB it seems like the probability of landning on some slots is lower than on others

Last edited: 2 Jun 2018
    Fluid Bait and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I think what was aluded two several times in this thread but not mentioned outright is that new players are not trained to be cautious with power cells later in the game because they are, as the thread says, overly abundant in early game. No one in the history of this game has ever run out of Common or Uncommon power cells, yet people do have issues at the Rare and Epic levels.

To make matters worse, the only way to get power cells is through RNG.. no market, no power cell purchase packs, you have to grind out buying and scrapping items, and it's VERY expensive. I calculated the cost of acquiring a power cell via uncommon scrapping is 480k per Rare cell and 1.5M gold per Epic cell. Scrapping Rares? That number goes to 500k per Rare cell and 7.5M gold per Epic cell. It's a very poorly implemented and entirely imbalanced upgrade governor.

Sifa, ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

There's no way those numbers are even close. Scrapping a level 11 rare for epic cells does not cost 7.5 mil.

13. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Is it better to scrap a rare at lvl 11 or lvl 21, [edit it stays1 cells nevermind]but I finally need epic powercells, just made a t5 and have 3 left :(

Also I wasn’t sure if the legendary scrap drops the same rates at 11 and 21 or something I don’t see.

And I guess I should ask if it would be wasteful to scrap lvl 11 epics for cells, since some say cells are harder to get than parts

Last edited: 3 Jun 2018
  14. envylife

IMO it's wasteful to pay all the gold and sugar required to level up items just to scrap for power cells. Just roll with RNG. Rare cells are best achieved by scrapping Commons. Epics are also most cost effective with common scrapping, but it takes about 100 common scraps to get a single Epic cell... and the BB interface is HORRID for mass scrapping. The whole cell idea is poorly implemented and unbalanced.

15. Djradnad

You find the rng at common level better than at rare? I’ve been buying rares :( but because I don’t want anything under epic let alone rare, really more interested in legendary, but trying to get an epic t5 of everything and after what felt like forever grinding the parts from shop twice every 6 hours, and trying to build more than one full ship, I am moving my focus forward to cells or leggy, if I hit a wall it’s gotta take longer to grind than the scraps before it. And I could always have extra leggy parts if I wanted to level up what I get from achievements.

16. envylife

Yes. In my sampling it cost 635k gold per Epic cell to scrap commons, 1.5M gold per Epic cell for Uncommons, 7.2M gold per Epic cell for Rare, and 3000 pearls per Epic cell for Epic items. I've got as many Legendary cells as Epic cells from Rare scrapping, so that may be good for you to note... but then again, it's about 1/3 the gold cost to get Legendary cells from Common scrapping.

Dobson likes this.
  17. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    Trying your advice now, so far got 2 epics wth my first 320000 gold but not surprised if the amount gets bigger.
    Will throw millions on it as I need 500+ more epic powercells even for the "necesary" evolves

18. TwoHeadedFreak

TwoHeadedFreak Member

I've got T5 epics and still got 260 epic power cells. I've got 85 legendary power cells with no duplicates in sight.
    Happy to share, even more happy to see them disappear from the guild raffle - especially the bonus round.

19. Djradnad

sold all of my duplicate healing items and 6 healing cooldown perks to make some room for rares, my powercell farm is underway.

Even though you had better luck with commons, I’m gonna try to get rid of my rare powercells and convert them, I don’t necessarily need to buy the rares from the shop(although I did to start) I am more likely to spend my gold in the shop to level up the ones I get by chance. At this rate I think the gold cost of parts per cell is better than the gold for the commons to scrap for epic cells... the only downside is that you need inventory space.

I don’t expect to bother making rares out of uncommons but if I had a godawful amount of inventory I would. 3130 pearls to go from 100spaces to 105! Epic container or boosts seem best. I only ran into powercell issue because I’ve been refreshing the shop for 25 pearls to get epic parts, and now I regret wasting those pearls since I realize parts are nothing compared to the powercells and legendaries I get from container or raffle.

Attached Files:

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  20. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

You probably spent more than others and/or only upgraded few epic items. There was a thread where most people, including myself, only get about 400-500 epic cells after a year of playing. That's is only 4 epic items to max. I have tier 5 epic big torp, sniper, big shield, and repair pulse. Now I am struggling just to get to 20, 30, or 40 for the next evolution. Only about once a month where I have to make a decision on what to evolve. There was no purpose for power cells in the first place.