1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Enough with the sugar quest!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by CeeMeNoMore, 15 Jun 2017.

1. CeeMeNoMore

CeeMeNoMore Member

My last five quest and reset quest have all been sugar rewards.. I'm getting annoyed, because it's just sitting there; while my crew is training. I need GOLD!

Kwanza, wtfack, TheWarNet and 5 others like this.
  2. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Story of my life.. I reset my quests for two days and all I get is sugar.. Yet I have no room for sugar and I'm dying to upgrade my shooter to a mk4
    I been trying to save gold for days now.. Bs I tell you bs

Kwanza and cgr3asy like this.
  3. HungryMan

HungryMan New Member

Lmao totally agree...i seem to always have more than enough sugar

HappyUnicorn789 and cgr3asy like this.
  4. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

I'm the opposite lol. I can never have enough sugar. I have so many upgrade parts but never enough sugar to upgrade my weapons, nor to upgrade my crew now that they all require almost a full bar of sugar.

dikshift and Marcaum123 like this.
  5. CeeMeNoMore

CeeMeNoMore Member

I envy you. You can never have enough gold because of the market shop. There's usually always something to buy.

Kwanza and Raunak like this.
  6. Karthik1751

Karthik1751 New Member

I agree with you.

Kwanza likes this.
  7. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

In my case I just keep refreshing the quest for gold even if I have to keep refreshing for a day or 2. Provided I can get 1 by the time the 4th quest expire.
    There are a number of times that I have 3 quests full for sugar but managed to get a refresh for gold when the 4th quest arrived. Once I cleared the gold quest I still have the 4th quest with timer running down.
    If you don't clear any quest by the 4th quest expire, you will loose a quest.
    For those quest for specific weapons and ships I will keep refreshing them for gold. If I got those to sink 3 ships or rack up x damages, I might stop playing for a while till I can refresh it for gold if my daily stars quota is almost done. If not just have to bite the bullet to clear and collect sugar instead.

8. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    The problorm with that is you have to hope not to complete the quest in those hours and hours and hours and hours you wait for the new quests to start.. That's like waiting two days for gold and 2 days of hoping not to complete the tasks.. I woke up again with more sugar quest just refreshed.. Boom more sugar.. I can't earn 5 battle stars now before the next quest? Means I can't play I earn 2-3 each battle.. Fuck I need gold so bad this is bs

9. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

That is correct, so quests like these you will need to decide if to wait for refreshing to try for gold quest or not. It's not perfect but that's about all we can do at the moment. If you choose grinding for progress over a small gold rewards from quest you will have to wait it put. Every 8 hrs for refreshing.
    So far this week I have been lucky, managed to refresh and cleared 8 out of 10 quests completed till now for gold.

10. 1FLYDJ

1FLYDJ New Member

I think thier should be more options for the use of sugar

cgr3asy likes this.
  11. _iLoveU_

_iLoveU_ New Member

Engineer
    Yeah.. Many time my sugar got wasted because of full storage.

There shall be some option to buy items with Sugar too.

Kwanza, Raunak and CeeMeNoMore like this.
  12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I agree with this... there is a severe lack of balance between sugar and gold in this game. Since the beginning of the game I've had a perpetual shortage of gold and only for a few levels (15-17) did it seem the sugar thing was in check where I could use it as fast as I got it, but now about at level 20 where it takes 1.5 days to train, there's no way to use it as fast as it comes in.

I'm pretty sure a large part of it is due to the tiny holding you have, for example at level 20 I can store 300k sugar but 1.5M gold. There's no way to accumulate 1.5M gold, but sugar is pegged at all times considering it takes 4.5 days of training to empty 300k sugar with no incoming. There was this one awkward time where I wanted to level up but it cost 1.5x my entire sugar capacity, which was ridiculous because everything before and after that only cost around 100k. Normally they restrict training to certain levels, so that to me seemed like a bug.

Realistically the only way to avoid losing sugar is to take long breaks from game play... does Rovio want us to do that? Seems flawed.

Last edited: 17 Jun 2017
    1FLYDJ likes this.
  13. Moto Oba

Moto Oba New Member

What's your level...

i am getting late game and i can't have enough sugar...

cgr3asy likes this.
  14. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

This...
    Captain level 31.. upgrades to my core stuff is like 1M sugar and 2+ days..
    Gimme suuuggar!

15. CeeMeNoMore

CeeMeNoMore Member

I'm currently level 23. Level 24 tomorrow

16. CeeMeNoMore

CeeMeNoMore Member

What level are you? I'm currently 23

17. pdcpdc

pdcpdc New Member

Double sugar capacity may solve this sugar problem. There are crew members wanting more sugar to train than you have at the current level, so you have to spend pearls or silly wait for the capacity to grow up (losing sugar earnings)

18. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

Do you all try to reroll an unwanted Sugar Quest to get a Gold Quest?
    So may I refer to
    So, what's working for Sugar may also works for Gold - I've tried it and for me it works.

19. pdcpdc

pdcpdc New Member

I reroll every new sugar quest, SOME are get converted into gold quests.
    But the next problem - you cannot reroll the completed quest, so if you get sugar quest again you have to stop playing to not complete it for the next 8 hours. Or just take it as is and continue playing, getting unneeded resources (and probably just waste them to free the quest queue)

20. CeeMeNoMore

CeeMeNoMore Member

I manage my problem by playing a little less. But I might buy some rare/un material in the market and just upgrade rare/ un
    I reshuffle the quest that might impact my infamery for the worse. Example: I play with speeder and if I get a quest for fixer quest I'll replace that one. That goes for weapons too