1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Long range mortar vs Ballpark morter

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by _iLoveU_, 16 Jun 2017.

1. _iLoveU_

_iLoveU_ New Member

Engineer
    Which one is better ?

I have Rare long range mortar and Epic ball park mortar.. And I like long range mortar but want to continue with Ballpark because of its epic category... Please help me out guys in choosing the best out of two...

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It really comes down to your playstyle. If I'm not wrong, a ballpark mortar takes up 2 slot points. Do you like big point damage or a huge area splash with less damage? Up to you of course, but as a sniper, I recommend long range mortar, since it can keep up with the Godlike range of sniper cannons

3. _iLoveU_

_iLoveU_ New Member

Engineer
    Ball Park Mortar takes only 1 point slot.

I also like Long range morter.. But was just got tempted with ball park because of its Epic class. I think, range works best for me.

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, then try the ballpark for a few matches. If u love it, use it!

5. mang inasar

mang inasar Active Member

instead of ballpark morar, try waiting to get a big bertha. ballpark mortar damage is lousy.

between long range and ballpark, id easily choose long range.

dikshift likes this.
  6. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

Actually, in my opinion, ballpark mortar is ineffective. With some skill, you can hit a lot of enemies as well, and thus the ballpark deals even less damage.

7. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

Long range mortar for sure, I have a rare one too! But it all depends on your play style & Big Bertha takes a lot of time to hit the Target though it has greater damage....For me long range mortar is the best....Has great range and speed.

ShøckWãve likes this.
  8. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser

9. KellEl

KellEl Member

Yep. I've been running a rare and epic long range mortar along with my sniper and cannon. While everyone else is trying to line up shots and move into range I've already hit them with a few mortar rounds. When it gets intense I sit behind a rock at the edge of my range and peck away at the enemy. Unless they also have a long range mortar they cant touch me without moving closer to my team. Love the long range mortar

10. Team_vega

Team_vega New Member

11. Lord Drek

Lord Drek Member

I had epic Bertha and had to scrap because the time shot is in air is so long all the targets have moved out of radius.

12. Team_vega

Team_vega New Member

Oh.... Hmm well I use enforcer so I use the frost mortar to freeze them and then I want to use a big berta to get some damage.

13. HappyUnicorn789

HappyUnicorn789 Well-Known Member

i use tier II epic ballpack moratar. The damage is lousy, but it also has a big blast radious.

Debugger, Transformers and Nicolas like this.
  14. tRekOneNycX

tRekOneNycX New Member

I use a tier 3 rare ballpark mortar _ the damage is decent but what really keeps it in my arsenal is the blast radius...it's so big that it causes enemies to prioritize ship navigation over attacking and usually hits multiple targets

15. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

An effective way to use mortars is to use two, the first makes them move and with the second you try to hit the direction of their movement, certainly the long range is very good, and undoubtedly Bertha with all the perks of distance It is surprising, otherwise its range is very very short.

16. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Keep both

Use the ballpark as a crowd control item and then use lrm to lead shots and attack 1 ship, ballpark can help split up teams and cause chaos and lrm has amazing projectile speed for a mortar and that makes sure your target won't run out of radius easily.