1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on New "3 v 3" Event and New Perks

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aswin, 30 May 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

Always nice to see these data that regular players do not have access to. Appreciate if you could also post the win ratios per tier of each ship type :)

2. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

This event is, unfortunately, another slap in the face for mk6 players with around 2000 infamy. I'm always (and with 'always' I literally mean in every single match) the one in my team with the lowest infamy.
    I have a win ration of 20% with my fixer in this event. Playing against 3.5K infamy players, which will all go after you for an easy kill, is not fun at all. Forget about pulse and forget about the box. It will rain fire, torpedos and mortars. Play bolt, bolt and bolt. Except, if you are like me, and never got an epic one. Defenders will just advance you, stand besides you and kill you with a few shots. Stupid with zero skill. But I understand why the kids love it.
    Going to ignore the event. Normal mode is much, MUCH fairer and better.

FataMorgana88 and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  3. SaltBae

SaltBae New Member

Too many people complaining about how difficult it is to get prizes or the fairness of ship types. ~Just enjoy the game mode lmao.

Personally, I love the event. Don't really care about the prizes, the fact that they give us half cdr/urf (ultra-rapid-fire) so that we can test out all sorts of weapons and have the satisfaction of continuously firing them with respawns is plenty to be excited about. Think about how many normal games it would take for you to be able to fire/land 1 of these game's worth of big-torps or rail guns. (not to mention all that damage we are racking up for our achievements) Too many defenders? Sounds like slow-moving target-dummies ready to get hit by whatever you got.

To those that only see these events as a grind fest to get some slightly more advantageous perks, you're really missing the point.

4. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

Such balance
    Much wow
    Well done devs IMG_20180602_183509.png
    Win 29 battles
    (-the ones needed for leggy crate)
    Within 2 days
    @Miika , ideally this event should've been allocated more time than the previous event, because wins are counted instead of stars.

Did the development team consider this before hosting the event?

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Plus you get to do stupid stuff(who thought double flare could get ANY MORE FUN?Put it on my rudder speeder and went insane with it lmao the salt was insane).

Btw we've met. You seriously annoy me in battle, but that's the quality of a great speeder player, so lol to that;):D:p

SaltBae likes this.
  6. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

@Miika I really cant see the current amount of playtime for 1 leggy perk being sustainable.
    ---
    100 wins requires roughly 200 games played. At 5 mins pr game (some are shorter, but between loading & matchmaking its probably a fair average) thats 1000 minutes, 16.6 hours. Just over 5.5 hours pr day.

Having to play 5.5 hours pr day for 3 days every week to not feel left behind is the stuff game quitting is made off.

First event hit a much more resonable sweetspot. 1 cycle required some time and effort, but allowed room for non BB activities during the weekend also. With heavy grinding 2 were possible.

Id still argue that the time requirement even for the first event is borderline to ask of players every single week - But that probably also depends on whether you're a teenager or an adult.

The time required for the event this week is absurd though. And this is ignoring how punctual a f2p would need to be to get anywhere near 200games.

I hope you guys have a meeting during the week and compare why the first event was great & why this one gets the feedback it does.

7. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Can confirm this as personal experience along with the fact that defenders perform better :D

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  8. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

Totally fair play, lol =)
    Screenshot_2018-06-02-22-57-40-107_com.rovio.battlebay.png

9. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Thanks for stats @Miika

Hard to argue with stats.

But @Kitterini
    Is correct. This grind time needed to get Victories. 100 for a legendary.

Is massively harsh. And is too much.
    Let me give a practical example. It cost real money to buy pearls.
    And these 200 pearls buy 5 tickets.
    After a stretch of 5 matches where your team does horribly but you were the top damage dealer. If you come out with only 1 victory. You are gonna be upset.
    This same scenario is stars would have been 5 stars.

Please go back to stars developers.

This is a more fair system both for you, but for us the players.

We are spending the money. I know some players who have lost as many as 21 games in a row from guild.

This is un inspiring guild members to go past epic.

So simple bullet points. Too much grind time needed for legendary this event. And stars are better. At least from a psychological vantage point for players.
    Plus as devs do you really want to see a bunch of reported messages for players losing deathmatch?

Look in vip chat and see how agitated people are about the losses.

Its bad to do win based system here for these rewards.

Jaws

Last edited: 2 Jun 2018
  10. WoopsyDaisy

WoopsyDaisy New Member

I noticed again and again that the Heal amount to Star ratio is about 15-25% off. Played around 100 matches this TDM and all but one as fixer. Was not able to get a single match done with a 2 Star result. Regardless of whether I chain heal and never die, ending up with nearly twice as much heals than the best DPS in the match.
    Some fine tuning on this for all matches (not only TDM would be appreciated) so fixers get more interesting to play.
    And no, fixers are neither underpowered not overpowered, just some fine tuning on the heal to Star ratio please!

FataMorgana88 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  11. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Damage is valued much higher than healing the same damage back up - That becomes very obvious in a format that is 90% yolo spam spam spam.

Dear god I hope this is the last time we see halved cooldown events. Ready to log off after 2 games every time I Enter the Bay.

12. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

this is the best time to farm damage for quest and achievements, just pack flare or fire bomb (or you might pack both of them) and the cannon you want to use for farming damage (you want to finish guild quest or progress further in achievements) or pack frost and torpedoes/mortars you want and go
    Battle Bay Farming Simulator.png
    :p
    this mode is hell when you go full mortar spam because of the half cooldown
    one bug: you can set enemy on fire even with his spawn protection still on

Last edited: 2 Jun 2018
  13. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

How cool is that. The other team mines their spawn zone and refuse to leave it to do battle. Since we all wasting tickets, might as well let them win. How do you go into DM and hope for a 0-0 tie?

4BAEBE52-9C64-487E-B6CC-9E28FBCEF962.png

Fluid Bait and *JAWS* like this.
  14. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    actually, speeder and defenders

15. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    oh yeah, 3 rambo fixers... all duck tape.. mine spam?
    also, napalm is op

16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Yup... and Defender + Fixer is a fairly devastating combo.

This deathmatch has been fairly brutal for me. I'm consistently matched with players 1500 gear score higher. Maybe they balance out on both sides, but the difference in power is night and day. I'd rather wait longer for more equal opponents.

What's Up Player likes this.
  17. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

This event help me a lot, I was doing more and more damage with my Blast canon, which is great I'm 2M away from my Legendary blast, so this event help me to do more damage ,
    And 1/2 cool down time really helps,
    It's my current status

Screenshot_Battle_Bay_20180603-073342.png

Hope I can get my first legendary perk ( I didn't need any of the perks given at this event though )

I'm pretty much happy
    :) P E A C E :)

18. d_p air

d_p air Member

Does this statistics include ONLY matches with one fixer on one side? Or it is just overall fixers' win ratio (including matches with fixers on both sides, with fixers 1v2 / 0v2 / 2v2 / 2v3 etc.?

In first case, matches are really not non winnable. In second - statistics is inapplicable for considered question.

19. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

It's the statistics for 1 fixer in one team. And other team does not have a fixer.

d_p air likes this.
  20. d_p air

d_p air Member

Thanks for clarifying