1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerfs and Balancing for 3.1

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HARPO!, 31 May 2018.

1. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Sniper:

Lower the regular damage for sniper, or should not be pulling off 2100 damage from across the map with a curved shot, only railgun should have that privilege because it shoots in a straight line. (Sniper has a curved shot, railgun is a straight shot, takes more skill to hit with a railgun than sniper)

GENERAL NERF-for all cannons-the closer you are to your target the less of a chance you have to crit them.

Fire and frost
    Nerf Choice #1- if target is burning, and they are hit with anything, burn damage comes off/just like frost

Nerf Choice #2- since cannons combo with fire, and torps and mortars combo with frost, here’s what I propose.

If target is on fire, and they are hit with a fire weapon, the fire comes off. However, if they are hit with anything other than a cannon, the fire duration stays on, but is divided by 2.

Same with frost, if target is frosted, and is hit with a mortar or a torp, frost comes off, but the duration will be divided by two, if the frosted target is hit by a cannon

(Note, if a target is on fire, and is then frosted, nothing will happen with duration, because both are considered damage enhancers)

Frost was never overpowered in the first place, you were only frosted, because you were caught away from your team

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    That doesn't really make sense. Why is it less likely to get a critical hit at 20 than it is at 50? Imo it should scale to a point...
    (I made a thread containing it among others, here: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/ideas-lots-of-ideas-by-the-otherguy.18034/ )

3. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

No, Fire is a weapon and frost is a support item. They cannot be treated as the same.

4. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Yes they can. Cause now fire conbos do way more damage than a torp and frost combo.

5. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Yeah endors because they only two weapons made for range in this game are sniper and railgun. That’s why shooter carry an ex cannon or blast for closer combat.

6. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Technically, you have a higher chance of hitting a critical area when you're closer.

7. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Frost Blaster and Frost Launcher freezes the opponents for 7 seconds,isn't it?So,I think if we use frost on the enemy,the frost shouldn't wear off until we hit the enemy.If our friends hit the enemy,the frost shouldn't go off.It should go off only when the user who freezed hit him.This mechanism should be similar to Tesla Bolt also.:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_O

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  8. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Harpo, we know frost torp is a bad combo. That doesn’t mean the other speeder combo needs to be nerfed, it means the torp combo needs to be buffed!

I personally (as a frost user and also playing many NML games vs frost) believe that people overreacted about frost torp. Everybody jumped on the bandwagon and started using frost torp thinking it was op, but it wasn’t as if those people’s infamy’s jumped up a crazy amount.

My infamy before frost was buffed and after stayed pretty much the same, (like a +100 infamy rise post buff). But before the frost buff, nobody complained

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

No they cannot. Fire does damage over time. If I hit someone with a cannon after they're set on fire by a friendly, you're nerfing ABOVE 700 POINTS OF DAMAGE!(considering a rare t4 flare) Also, frost torp is done for now, damn near unusable. Reducing fire to the same state isn't gonna solve anything imho

10. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

My friend made it to NML just this season in mk5 speeder using frost torp. Its not unusable it requires more skill than before to play is effectively.

11. TheAntiSnipe

A salute to @Shadow Moon! 's friend for being a true badass!

12. Shadow Moon!

The thing is you should know when to use frost and when not. Plus now it requires strong frost like T4E to actually have decent slow down and he did it without using frost+stun. He used just frost ob nitro.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. Shadow Moon!

Congratulate him personally. The name is CobraINS.

14. TheAntiSnipe

Oh that dude lol. Yeah, I know him. T5 epic big torpedo, scaaaaary dude.

15. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Not to brag, but this was about 2 weeks post nerf :) https://imgur.com/gallery/nBkEJ

(Ok kinda to brag lol)

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  16. TheAntiSnipe

17. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Tag for him?

18. Shadow Moon!

You and him are in same discord group. Custom battles group.

HARPO! likes this.