1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

TDM- no such thing as cheating.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SupremeCalamitas, 25 May 2018.

?

does you agrEe?

1. Heck yeah!

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  2. Hmm.. nice reasoning..

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. Neutral

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. Still not convinced Bruh..

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  5. Uh, no.

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    He IS a developer, so he could just give himself another jingle bell.

Then again why haven't the developers given themselves all leggys

2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

because that would not be fair?

3. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Playing through 2 years. You get one each Christmas, my guild leader has 2 that he combined to a tier 2 jingle bell :p

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  4. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

I tried to play mk2 fixer with T4 epic cannon, T5 shield and 2 uncommon green items... It’s pretty fun, and I find battle bay balancing me pretty well. I do about the same damage than my teammates

5. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

All the nightmare league player have to do is to get one legendary item in their loadout and rest is common or low gear score. This way they get paired with mk1 or mk2. Its pretty dumb how the system works.

6. FuriousCamel1503

FuriousCamel1503 New Member

You didn't get the point didn't you, why did I not get star while I did more damage than that other person

7. KilledWhale

KilledWhale Developer

Sorry about that! I accidentally went into battle with wrong ship and that didn't end well :p

Jingle Bells on the left are from 2017 and one on the right is part of the christmas present from 2016.

Actually I can't do that.
    Only few people have the privileges to do that but even they don't do it because it wouldn't be fair for other players.

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

In the original announcement Rovio indicated that TDM is intended for players to try different boats and loadouts because infamy is neither used nor is impacted... it's all gear score based. The only thing that can go wrong is if gear score numbers are off and need to be adjusted by Rovio. For example, when I tried my MK2 Defender with T4/T5 rares my matches were almost entirely MK4 boats. If I lowered my items I would get into MK3 or MK2 matches. Seems to work ok.

9. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

ya still got highest dmg :p

10. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I agree that its not cheating. The patchnotes open up for using underleved boats & items.

Having played alot of low mk Enforcer, I will admit that its probably too efficient. Averaging 2*'s is fun though!

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  11. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Thats not really how it works though.
    - Most games the matchmaking does a good job with putting atleast 1 low mk high level player on both teams.
    - I generally play with mk5 or very bad mk6s when I use my 4k gearscore mk3 setup.
    - Why use legendary when T4/5 epics are better?

But yes, it becomes painfully obvious how hopeless players at the lower ranges are at this game. I consistantly have the, by far, lowest gearscore on my team & deal as much damage as they manage between the 4 of them.

Rainbow Warrior and Mong curse like this.
  12. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

3BFBA9A1-16C4-41F0-ABE6-A23769986BFE.png
    I guess it’s not cheating, as it’s what the devs intended? But it’s painfully unfair!
    That is an mk4 shooter in a battle consisting of mk5 boats, as an mk4 it’s faster and more agile then the mk5s but because he’s a lvl50 player that mk4 also has 2k more hp then the mk5s he also has weapons far better then the rest of us

I got hit by a lvl34 epic big torp today that did 2900 damage lol a lvl50 epic big torp in our world maxes at 2000
    When event first started I was exited being in matches against players mostly my own lvl but after a day it became another world to get bullied in
    I would even go as far as saying it’s worse

Last edited: 27 May 2018
    R4Z0R likes this.
  13. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Two christmases.
    Anyway if devs do it, then nothing is wrong. People are being smart. But lucky for me I use my underpowered ship already in normal battles so I naturally know how to play at 4.5k gear score.
    I already play weapon heavy. My red is a legendary but my yellows are tier 1 epics. I already know how to balance. Its harder for those NM players using mk2s. Thats why I can beat them despite me only being in ace normally.

Last edited: 27 May 2018
  14. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Its not unusual. Happens to me as well. Its do with contribution. Ask the devs or a MVP, I really don't know that much about it.