1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v.3.0 - “Eventful times”

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 23 May 2018.

1. ErnestEgret

ErnestEgret Active Member

But that low gear score player... Were they a Hight level player using a lower mk boat and lower tier items than they usually would?

2. Major Major

Major Major Active Member

Oops my bad that player was actually 8606 gear score, I don't know where I got the 5555 from. Nevermind. Spreadsheets suck.

The gear scores were fairly even then. So that is not the disparity, it's the infamy levels. Nobody gets to Nightmare league without knowing how to shoot and kill effectively. I'm pretty good, I topped out at 2800, I am well above the average guy who can't shoot worth a damn or doesn't understand teamwork. But

TheAntiSnipe and PastelPiku like this.
  3. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Yup, that's the intention. Event mode only matches us based on how strong we are.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  4. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    That’s why I’m mvp most of the time :D I don’t hav to deal with tier V epic that much like in normal matches and I can do my own thing

TheAntiSnipe and PastelPiku like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Kicking ass and taking names lol. This mode is just as I expected.

Even when I decided to troll with defender, double flare and triptorps(triptorps were rare lv10 LMAO) I was still beating the hell outta everyone. Would you believe 3* win? LOL!

PastelPiku and The Afenogaster like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

Screenshot_2018-05-27-08-09-04-705_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    #StillLaughing

PastelPiku and R4Z0R like this.
  7. Major Major

Well that's definitely not happening.

I just played a game against a player with 4561 infamy and 9923 gear score. He has 5 weapons at Epic L50.
    My infamy is 2730 and 9156 gear score. That player is almost EIGHT HUNDRED GEAR SCORE HIGHER.

The deathmatch matchmaker is BROKEN. It is putting extremely highly equipped Nightmare League players against people who have no chance to compete. This is a really crappy way to treat your customers. It rewards only the people the developers chose to favor.

There is only one possible strategy. When you see opponents who have such dominant weapons and are so far ahead you have no hope to win, suicide repeatedly to get the game over as soon as possible to get a better matchup.

Is this REALLY the behavior Rovio wants to incentivize?

TRFrostSaker likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

Did you find the total GS of both teams?

9. Major Major

I checked and the numbers are absolute BS, they are meaningless. Look at the top player on my team. Does this rig look like 1531 gear score? And how did he get a Legendary Perk for his cannon? We aren't even finished with the FIRST ROUND of deathmatch, no legendary perks have been awarded yet.

IMG_1129.PNG

THIS PLAYER IS CHEATING. THE BROKEN MATCHMAKER GIVES PLAYERS A HUGE INCENTIVE TO CHEAT.

Last edited: 27 May 2018
    TRFrostSaker likes this.
  10. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

LOL this is so true. An enemy with 500hp and I spawn looking 180° far from him, with a Defender :mad::mad::mad:

11. FirnenAhead

It's a glitch, pal. Gearscore shown is not updated as soon as a player changes his weapons and ship, it takes a while. In other thread someone said the matchmaker takes real gearscore in account tough.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Major Major

He did not change his loadout at all since the battle was logged. And that still doesn't explain how he got a Legendary Perk that has never been awarded yet.

I am getting pretty sick and tired of trying to figure out the bugs in the matchmaker. Isn't that Rovio's job?

13. FirnenAhead

You're not "trying to figure out the bugs", you're just complaining...
    How is it that legendary perks have never been awarded yet? we've had already 3 days of event, there's a bunch of people that already have a legendary perk, including me. Like I said before, the GS shown takes a while to update, not only a battle, but more like 5 or 10. However, matchmaker does take in account real Gearscore of the ship (not the gearscore shown).

14. Firzen13

Firzen13 New Member

Add How many times a player died in Team Deathmatch that would be nice

15. talluri100

talluri100 New Member

I don't know y u introduced legendary perks if it have same damage 8% as epic perks only difference i find is in projectile speed increased from 10% to 13% i hope it's some bug or error hope u guys do something
    I really like the update please do something
    Check the attachment where perks r given

Attached Files:

16. TheAntiSnipe

3% is a HUGE gain on weapons that are already fast, mate. Sniper cannons and standard cannons literally become lasers lol.

Blast cannons become almost as fast as standard cannons, like DAMN.

TRFrostSaker likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

Btw there's people on their THIRD legemdary run lol

18. talluri100

talluri100 New Member

No bro, 3% in 19 is very low and the pperk have higher gear score some things more need to call it legendary

19. TheAntiSnipe

I'll tell you this. Blast cannon traveling as fast as standard cannon shots will break the game. The lege perk is fine as it is. Maybe a bit of buffed damage could be good.

TRFrostSaker likes this.
  20. talluri100

talluri100 New Member

U r totally wrong bro i don't know what u have in mind but

Blast cannon with epic new fit i.e 8% more dmg and 10% projectile speed goes around 25 or so with 13% in just goes 26-27 but
    Cannon is another league its 42 projectile speed so don't talk rubbish that blast cannon projectile speed will be as good as cannon
    Legendary perk is not good i hope they give some more buffs otherwise their is no use of that perks it will be only showoff

Attached Files: