1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v.3.0 - “Eventful times”

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 23 May 2018.

1. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Nah! I'm only playing defender due to the quests (I love the team deathmatch, thanks GODevs), my speeder was doing just fine: lots of 2 stars ;)
    Try to use your yellows to help your team to avoid some damage, block with your tesla shield, stun, attract shots with your nitro...

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Try rudder, bro, it's awesome in TDM.

3. Rainbow Warrior

My rudder never left my boat :D

EyesTv and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Almost everybody is complaining about the new sound effects in the battles, and I agree, it drives you nuts these (I think) sounds from flying mortars.

Last edited: 26 May 2018
    super_sonic181 likes this.
  5. Rainbow Warrior

There's one item sound that I have no idea of which one it is. I think I'll buy every common I don't have to figure it out :D
    PS: I liked the new sounds ;)

R4Z0R likes this.
  6. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Haha

EyesTv and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  7. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

its the new turban item bro :p

8. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Kitterini's 1 step guide on how to counter that strategy:
    1. Dont go to their spawn zone.

Problem solved :)

9. Rainbow Warrior

Turban?

EyesTv likes this.
  10. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

11. Rainbow Warrior

EyesTv likes this.
  12. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

yup @TheAntiSnipe pic of massive purple turban pls :p

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I don't have it, not my pic xD

EyesTv, Rainbow Warrior and R4Z0R like this.
  14. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

oops lol, i forget who had it...

EyesTv likes this.
  15. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Alrighty, got a couple of stars, got my first uncommon perk x3 here's my verdict on the new update.

Graphics and SFX:
    Visually, the game is beautiful. It already looked cool, but now the colors pop and the feel of the environments are more clear. I'm really, really digging the new look and it's not pushing my device any harder than before. The new sound effects are also really great. I love hearing mortar shells approaching impact, and it also gives a slight hint as to when they're going to land without having to look up. So we're off to a good start here.

Gameplay:
    I'm not sure if ranked has been changed, but somehow it feels smoother. I assume this is due to the less serious players and those heavily experimenting switching over to event mode. So ranked feels good. Event mode feels even cooler, imo. I'm hooked on it. I love checking out the profiles of other players afterward and seeing the vast differences in infamy, yet we're all the same strength. The battles, while sometimes the teams' skill can feel unbalanced, always feel fair. This is the style of play I've always been seeking out on the bay. I've always wanted to have a way to test my skill against other ships as strong as myself. Tickets are obtained quickly, I believe it's a 15 minute cooldown per ticket, and with 5 tickets max, you basically get 6-7 plays before waiting to cool down.

Overall:
    Forgive the other players saying that this update isn't enough. The previous update was not long ago and I think this new mode is lit af. This patch definitely deserves more praise from the playerbase and I think you guys took a big step in the right direction. I'm hoping the next update will focus a bit more on some balancing changes, but I'm looking forward to whatever you guys throw at us!

Thanks for not letting me down, guys. See you out on the bay!

16. Major Major

Major Major Active Member

Bad Design Decisions Part 2

I will continue where I left off, with new unpleasant design discoveries.

16. Deathmatch likes to respawn facing away from the enemy.
    17. Deathmatch matchmaker is broken. I'm just over 2600 infamy and I routinely play against players with 4000+ infamy and multiple legendary weapons (I have none). These disproportionally powerful players appear on my own team as well, and it is no fun watching someone hog all the kills, even ganking kills I am about to make. This makes it very difficult to get stars.

TRFrostSaker, *JAWS* and Hokuse like this.
  17. PastelPiku

Security
    Don't have to tell me twice ;)

Also dude omg I started using a nitro on my fixer in TDM because the spawn boost + nitro makes my fixer faster than my speeder in Normal mode LOL

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. Major Major

I have an Epic level 30 rudder but it is useless since I have to trade off about 1100 hit points by giving up a small shield.

Now let me give an example of totally unbalanced deathmatch play:

unfair advantage.png

This ONE player has as many kills as my ENTIRE TEAM. It should not be surprising that he has 4145 infamy, while the highest ranked player on my team is the fixer with zero kills at 3763 infamy.

This appears to be an INTENTIONAL choice on the part of the developers. We already have fleeting restrictions that prevent us from teaming with players with far less infamy. They could easily implement similar controls on the deathmatch matchmaker. But this guy at 4145 has more than TWICE the infamy of our lowest player (1868) although that guy did manage to get 2 kills. And so did I. But I got zero stars.

It is absolutely unworkable for Nightmare league players to be matched against Master league players. Fix the matchmaker.

TRFrostSaker likes this.
  19. PastelPiku

Security
    My experience so far has just been balanced gear scores. I have strong gear so I see other players with strong gear. Some are in NM, while others don't know how to lead their shots or follow the team. I don't want it to start feeling the same as regular battles, so let's leave the matchmaking as it is. It rewards skilled players.

Btw I use my rudder on my fixer, I can deal with the loss of a shield with a tape in its place x3

20. Major Major

It doesn't make sense that players are matched gear scores. I checked the gear scores for the two teams I showed, To save space I'll post them as a little screenshot of a spreadsheet, with the team scores in the same order as the previous screen shot, with team totals at the bottom.

Sheet.png

My team was pretty even in gear score, the other team wasn't. The other team has far LOWER total gear score than we did, mostly because of one guy who is about 55% the gear power of the top scorer (the guy with 6 kills). This isn't really fair even to his own teammates, I bet the others only got kills because the guy with 4100 infamy damaged them already.

TRFrostSaker, EyesTv and PastelPiku like this.