1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Crashes in Death Match (logs attached)

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Cpt Obvious, 24 May 2018.

1. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Hey,
    I've had 2 crashes (dropped to SpringBoard) on my iPhone today while playing Death Match.
    Didn't see any pattern other than a weird (cut and slowed) sound-effect happened, screen went black, and then the springboard appeared.
    I've not had any stability problems before.

Anyways, I've fetched the logs, so maybe you can figure it out from the stack traces. Seems to happen same place for both of them.

Crash1: https://pastebin.com/raw/r216H29q
    Crash2: https://pastebin.com/raw/0p4N2Qaq

2. Miika

Miika Game Lead

We are aware of one in-combat crash currently. A fix is under development already and the target is to get it deployed tomorrow.

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I also got a crash just now in Death Match. My game has never crashed before like that.

This was the game.
    63CAE889-6958-4C53-8CE0-DF9F16B8A268.png

Incidentally, I was playing on bought ticket... don’t suppose there will be any reimbursement when you get kicked out of a game that you paid to play? :(

4. Miika

Miika Game Lead

The game will reconnect you back to the same battle so you can continue playing. You also get the rewards from the battle still even if the game crashes, so the ticket doesn't go totally into waste.

5. ViscountSniffit

I understand that it’s probably not worth the effort to replace, but please don’t insult my intelligence.

A broken cup might still hold water, but that doesn’t stop it from being a broken cup. If I purchased such a cup, I would expect it to be replaced. Not to be told that it ‘isn’t entirely broken’.

Also rewards are of little comfort, when I bought the ticket to grind stars, and received zero stars for the game: a close game that we probably would have won, had I not been disconnected and given the unfriends a free kill, and numerical advantage.

So I would say that the ticket was, in fact, wasted, and that I did not receive what I paid for.

However, in this instance I have decided to let you off, on account of my not being able to do anything else about it!:p

Last edited: 25 May 2018
  6. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Not sure if I experienced a different crash then, but I could not reopen battle bay until the battle was over. When I opened the app it would get as far as showing the loading screen with progress bar, and then at about 20% progress the app would close again. I tried this many times with the same result. It finally let me open the gsme again when the results screen came up.

7. ViscountSniffit

Same happened to me. I reloaded the game, and it immediately crashed again. Eventually, I was able to get back in the game, but the game ended a few seconds after I returned. I didn’t even have time to leave the spawn area.

8. gor.030

gor.030 New Member

Hm, while i was able to log in and play earlier, now the login freezes at the red r animation. Even after reinstall.

9. gor.030

gor.030 New Member

Hi Cap, could you pls point me to a description, how you collect logs from app? I asked Cs/ devs earlier, but they said it was not possible. I really would like to get my crazy crashes all the time documented (and hopefully fixed later).
    Cheers,
    gor.030

10. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

I don't know it's a bug or not OR it's happening with everyone or not but i do face lagg in DM! Sometimes lag freaks me out when a speeder shoots me from back annd when i try to shoot him..He suddenly Vanishes from my eye sight like he used 3x Nitro at once!

BattleRascal likes this.