1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply BB Advertising

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SlayerofSergeants, 21 May 2018.

1. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I've been playing since I saw an ad for Battle Bay in April of 2017, around global release. I think I might have seen one or two ads since them. I've been playing a lot of mobile games other than BB but haven't seen ads in a long time. I showed the game to my brother, he played a lot of 5v5 MOBA style games but had never heard or seen anything about BB. He gladly took up BB.

I was wondering if there is any sort of advertising campaign behind the game? Has anybody else seen Battle Bay ads?

Do I not see BB ads because it's already installed on my mobile device?

2. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

They probably stop advertising after hit a million players. :p;)

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

My guess is BB isn't that profitable to rovio, so they don't really care about it being advertised. They only focus their advertisement on more profitable ones like one of those angry birds games that I keep seeing ads all the time.

4. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

No offense to the devs or anything, I have a feeling thats why there are still a bunch of bugs in the game

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    I've seen a few of them in Angry Birds Transformers before, but ads for other Rovio games (like angry birds) pop up a lot more often.

6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

If you feel there are bugs in the game please report them. We are currently very low on any known bugs, and we can’t fix things we are not aware.

That is often the logic how ads should at least work. I don’t know it actually works like that always though.

7. SomeRandomMortarUser

SomeRandomMortarUser Member

I would love to see BB ads lol

8. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

I have seen ads for Lords Mobile,Facebook Lite,Yahtzee,Coin Master but I haven't seen a single ad for Battle Bay.

*SIGH*:(:(:(

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. StillOP

StillOP Member

I don't see why they need to advertise a game that you already installed. There is no logic in that. You are already playing the game.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

This is true.

I'm more interested in whether or not there IS an advertising campaign. I got my brother to start playing and he plays many mobile games, but had never heard of BB.

StillOP and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  11. StillOP

StillOP Member

We can see this by downloading other rovio games and see if ads are on there!

12. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    I have seen someone on discord screenshot a BB ad they saw on YouTube.
    It looked like one of the official Battle Baysics videos on the Battle Bay channel

But I think its safe to say that ad wasn't pushed very much ;)
    20180523_155202.jpg 20180523_155113.jpg
    I could try to find the SS, but I dont want to search through months of chat on the baewatch discord.

13. F.QTR

F.QTR Active Member

I do work unfortunately
    I joined from an ad in insta about 1 year ago but after that never saw it again. There is only two active players from my counter seems they don’t ad anymore.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.