1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy not recorded correctly thereby going from 3rd to 6th place

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by PeterNorth, 21 May 2018.

1. PeterNorth

PeterNorth New Member

Hi Guys,

I just got up to 3046 infamy with over 1 min left of the last season, enough to move up to 3rd place and receive the 3rd place rewards in the ACEII division, however, the game did not record it, keeping me at 3038. There was a 3 way tie for 3044 thereby making me 6th place. I have screen caps that I hope uploaded. Can one of the moderators, game developers let me know about this and see if I can get the proper rewards. I would be very grateful. Worked hard for that.
    If there is another place to write the game developers, moderators, please let me know as well.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    This is a job fooor, @TheAntiSnipe!!!
    AntiSnipe, do your duty and convey the cry of the helpless to the strong!
    MAY JUSTICE PREVAIL!

StrictSalmon307 and Kurd1stan. like this.
  3. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I have noticed that my infamy doesn’t update with each game until I finish another one or reload the app. If you didn’t do that then the counter might’ve just taken the infamy before you won the game.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. PeterNorth

PeterNorth New Member

I played another game after that game that brought me to 3046. Was in the bay so I screen grabbed it. Then I played another while season was ending which is why infamy lower when I went to season end stats in my pic. You’ll notice someone sneaked up a spot to third (blacksky) too so i think game should’ve recorded my progress as well since it had enough time to record his progress between my two screen grabs.
    I also sent a message via Rovio website someone listed on the bugs forum. Hopefully someone with power will be able to help. Thanks to all for all your views and replies

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'll convey this to the devs. Infamy not getting refreshed can definately be an issue.

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. PeterNorth

PeterNorth New Member

Thanks AntiSnipe. In case devs need this:
    My name in game: PeterNorth

7. TheAntiSnipe

Nonono don't share personal details here, it's public. I copied them tho, don't worry

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  8. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    You can see it in the screenshot though

9. TheAntiSnipe

He'd given a lot more than those lol

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  10. PeterNorth

PeterNorth New Member

Oh. Sorry. Didn’t realize that stuff was personal enough to not share. Thanks for heads up

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Hi Peter,

Have been discussing your case with Rovio.

The information the game uses for the rewards etc is collected directly from the database, and not the leaderboards we all see.
    So just because you saw you was in 3rd place in the leaderboard, this wasnt the same information that the game pulled directly from the database, which is unfortunate.

Rovio have double checked the rewards vs the database information which has now been confirmed that the info was correct.
    The only time the stats will be manually adjusted is in case of major bugs, and as in this case there were no reported bugs the rewards will not be altered.

Sorry this isnt the best of news as appreciate you worked hard for your rewards, hope you have more luck this season mate.

TheAntiSnipe and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  12. PeterNorth

PeterNorth New Member

Hi Ash

That’s unfortunate as I played till last minute to try and get up to 3rd and went on a 45 min run of more wins than losses and basically went from 2700 to 3046 to try and win it. It makes it hard to trust the game in the future with what we see on our screen. Despite that, I thank you and everyone who has put time into looking into this matter.

Sincerely,
    Peter

Ash KOT and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

How can this not be a bug, when the ‘League has Ended’ page also shows the wrong infamy? Seems like quite a coincidence that the leaderboard would display all the wrong infamies, yet miraculously get them in the right order.

14. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Seasons use the latest infamy information available in the database at the time when the season ends. Infamy is saved into the database always when you leave the hub (either by going into next battle or by closing the game). If you play a battle and stay in the hub waiting for the season to end then that change does not count.

I understand this might feel unexpected or wrong behavior. Unfortunately there are complex technical reasons why it works like this, and if it would have been easy to change it we would have done so.

15. PeterNorth

PeterNorth New Member

Thanks for your response Miika. I went into battle after I got the 3046 infamy before the season ended. I lost which is why it went down by the time I screencapped after the season ended. By your reasoning, my new higher infamy should’ve been saved into the database with about a min left of the season.
    What is the explanation of why it did not record properly in this case?

Thanks