1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't understand

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Circusham, 4 Jun 2017.

1. Circusham

Circusham New Member

I'm an 18 captain with about 450 infamy and level 3 defender and shooter. How are opponents hitting me with 500, 800, 1300 and even 1500 points of damage? That's more that the max in a Legendary item!Even my best weapon can't get more than 380

Explanation? How much damage does a critical hit do? If critical hit is 50% of hit points then maybe...
    Thank you

Last edited: 4 Jun 2017
  2. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Training. Train sinklair in only damage and torpedos will do a lot more damage.

3. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

My sniper cannon crit's for over 550! My torp normal does 550. My torp max does 1350...and i still have a long way to go before i hit that #.

Point is...torps and mortars are brutal if they direct hit or a cannon crit's.

Point is...if you see a # pop up for damage, it's not a glitch. Try not to stay stationary...avoid as much fire as possible...you'll be fine sir!!!

4. Circusham

Circusham New Member

Ok, so explain to me how a level 3 shooter, 19 captain, can inflict 400-420 points of napalm damage per second? That happened to me today, and I was destroyed by napalm in 4 seconds. Even a legendary naplam launcher, with double damage for crit, can't do that. It wasn't my imagination, and I wasn't being hit simultaneously or multiple times. It was all napalm. Similar to being hit for 1800 cannon/mortar damage, as I've asked about before.

There's clearly a weapons hack some know about, but I do not.

5. rlxgenerate

Honestly...I haven't heard nor seen that kind of hack.
    I have seen speed hacks before...but not weapon hacks.
    As far as someone doing any sorta of burn damage of that nature is impossible. Leg max napalm launcher is 137 and that's standing inside of the fire.
    Other than recording it so the community and admins can analyze it...can't do much to help you right now.
    Hopefully the dev's can find the hack and punish those players...

6. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I bet what you're seeing is simply the cumulative number. When you take a lot of damage in a row, it displays as one number instead of seperate ones. So if you see 1500 that doesn't mean someone did 1500 damage on you, but rather that you kept getting hit until you lost 1500 HP in total.

7. rlxgenerate

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH....
    You make a valid point...someone hit you for 400 damage...then through the burn damage it'll tick away looking like it's doing 400-420 damage.

8. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

That's possible. Also, remember that healing also does that. If you get hit by a cannon, for instance, then a Fixer gives you a Pulse, it will keep the counter from disappearing. With Fixers and burns, I've seen that number get up to almost 2000 without disappearing.

Still, this guy was talking about sitting in a Napalm. Assuming he wasn't mistaking napalm and burn, he probably knows the difference between stepping out of some fire and seeing that giant damage number, and actually watching that number jump by 400 at every tick (400, 800, 1200, etc). Just trying to give the benefit of the doubt.

9. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

yeah I've seen it go over 3k on my defender that way (not my brightest play, that was)