1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

That is mine

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kurd1stan., 19 May 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I can answer some questions tho.

I've found the accurate needed distance to trigger a mine(equal to the radius of a tesla shield) and also how far you need to be to dodge a mine while nitroing.

The fight was set up for me to infiltrate in such a way that the enemy would be too busy with my teammates to get to me.

You tell me what happens when a shooter suddenly takes damage. He tags the enemy who did the damage, and the enemy team starts focusing on that side of the map. I simply exploited that. If I'm at 90° or more to the direction you're facing, you're only gonna see a red arrow. Even when someone pings me, you'll be too busy (as a shooter) aiming and firing, or healing(as a fixer) to turn around. If you do turn, it's still an advantage since it'll take you 4.6 seconds minimum to get back into the main fight. I got in, drawing only the fire of the enforcer. I hit the fixer hard before the shooters saw me. When they did, my team, as predicted, tore into their flank.

As I said, not a noob play, a completely calculated engagement. I even stopped and analyzed before charging in.

Personally, I just think upper Ace 1 players underestimate us. I've been to Ace 1, I just don't like staying there(for now) since it's bad for the grind.

The Otherguy and Hokuse like this.
  2. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

If you have problems with mines, there's only one solution left for you..

82b.png

The Otherguy, Nam_Nam, Hokuse and 3 others like this.
  3. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Oki:)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

We should totally custom again tho. Last time was so badass!

Blueee likes this.
  5. Blueee

Blueee Active Member

Always In The Bay!!
    30s Nerf would be a disaster for us skilled mine users, think about a mine in real, you plonk it in the water, it takes a while to be activated, and then stays there for a long time, but in the bay physics don't matter.. do they??:p:rolleyes:;)

The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Mines are a big pain in the ass.

They are pretty good balanced overall except the high level ones, some of those are way too op... I think no mine should do +4000 damage points, is just too much.

Hokuse and Fluid Bait like this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

Well, you are focusing on hypotheses, so let me make one for you. Three smart shooters turning to ME, someone who clearly has all guns on cooldown, while MY TEAM is coming in from their flank. Who's the bigger threat? I know how shooters think. A GOOD shooter would wait for me, the pesky speeder, to come in on HIM, not the other way around. There's a phrase shooters use on the act of focusing speeders with binitro builds. "Chasing the butterfly". It's a waste of bullets, simply because I can dodge their slower guns. Sniper cannons don't bother me anymore. If I'm getting crit-shot, it's just my bad luck. If I don't, they just wasted a shot.

The issue, my friend, is MINES. And mines were dodged in that video. I rarely ever hit them, and when I do, I simply say GG and move on.

8. TheAntiSnipe

Mines are a part of BB, and 30 seconds is just too low. I mean, if I was a defender, I'd just hide out for 30 seconds and then charge in, mines will become useless. 30 SECONDS? Really?

Fluid Bait likes this.
  9. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

What ship do you play?

Fluid Bait likes this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

He's a speeder, a mean one.

His style is close combat tho, from what I saw in custom.

What's Up Player and Kurd1stan. like this.
  11. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Then you need a diet.
    Don’t eat
    - Torps (especially with frost)
    - Big Bertas (same thing)
    - Explosive cannons
    Eat
    - More snipers
    - Flare guns (cooking food gives more nutrition so you won’t have to eat as much)

With this miracle diet you’ll be able to squeeze through that minefield in 2 weeks! Guaranteed results! Order now only for 9,99€!

Side effects may include angry teammates, heal reduction and loss of HP. We are not responsible for possible loss of infamy either. Not recommended if you are a noob, tanker or a speeder.

Elyport, Nam_Nam, Hokuse and 4 others like this.
  12. A55A51N

Student
    Then a more serious reply.
    Mine only blocks a small part of the map. And when you are using it for area control (normally meaning you have to put a field of 2-3 mines) you won’t probably be dealing much damage, because that’s easy to spot. When you’re dealing damage, you put individual mines behind enemies, in grass, but then you’re not blocking the area much.

Also if a passage is blocked by mines, just move on. Find another way, especially because you can move fast. Every map has a few of these chokepoints, and it’s impossible to completely block the fight. If you are getting mined, don’t stay there.

13. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Guys, maybe mines shouldn’t explode when they duration is over. They can sink peacefully.

14. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I'm a defender and I'm not complaining about the torps and mortars that take away half my health in five seconds as soon as the enemies see me because I can't get away from them. Why should you complain about mines which you can avoid if you're cautious?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

If you can't defeat them. Join them :cool:

16. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

You just said it's not about the damage, it's about it being at the choking points. Why are you saying now that you can't dodge them?

17. A55A51N

Student
    And i am saying move out if they block the choke points. If they block the point where you moved, move again. But the enemy team has to move too, and that gives you the chance to attack and change the fight.

And mines don’t build an unbreakable wall, if they are blocking a choke point, you can still shoot them, and if mines are so common, you should have a few mines in your team that you can use to block their choke points.

18. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I always ‘try’ to block checkpoints with mines. While it can prevent your team from being quickly overrun (sometimes), it definitely doesn’t guarantee a victory, or even an advantage. Sometimes the other team are just better at range, and wear you down with mortars and torps.

I even saw a big hp Shooter just crash through and soak up the damage (my team pretty much disintegrated after that).

TheAntiSnipe and A55A51N like this.
  19. w@x

w@x Member

Way too hard to read

Fluid Bait and A55A51N like this.
  20. A55A51N

Student
    Alright you aren’t making much sense now, but i’ll try to answer to your arguments

Mines making the game ”not fun” is your personal opinion, and not a valid argument. I haven’t seen a single other person here who agrees with you.
    You said that mines completely block a chokepoint and basically you can’t move. This is also false, every map is designed so that it’s virtually impossible to block every chokepoint and passage simultaneously. You have a problem, we have an easy solution that is to move around. Building minefields to block areas is also bad for damage, since they are very easily spotted and usually won’t do damage (so you’re basically wasting a weapon slot).

Hope that i answered all your arguments and we can stop debating