1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mine color

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ECTO_1a, 13 Jun 2017.

1. ECTO_1a

ECTO_1a New Member

is there a way to tell friendly mines from enemy mines? Maybe a fix could be rendering friendly mines green and enemy mines red.

2. Xilly

Xilly Member

There were a lot of player discussions regarding this. In my opinion (along with a lot of other players it would seem), it would make the Mines a lot less desirable to be used if we could differentiate between enemy and friendly mines. It would be too easy to avoid the mines and pretty sure 99% of the people will not get hit by it. But that is just my opinion.

I found another discussion here
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/team-colors-for-mines.1555/

Amur likes this.
  3. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Wait till you get 1 hit by legendary mines..

That said, and as Xilly mentions, they will ne useless if enemy colour is shown.
    I hate getting 1 hit by them, but i understand and support them staying as is (maybe tone down the damage and reload time though) and maybe only make 1, max 2 equippable,

I have 3x rare unlevelled and sometimes equip them all on my shooter and cause chaos, lol

4. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

Mines are fine as they, well, probably, narrow the proximity trigger to be more consistent with the graphics - sometimes, you see yourself quite far but still activate the mine... allowing a player to identify friendly or unfriendly mines will greatly diminish its effectiveness as well as render the mine practically useless.

5. Xilly

Xilly Member

This could be cause of the timer. There is a time limit where it auto detonates on its own. Not sure how long it lasts though

6. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Mines useless if you can identify friendlies? I doubt it. Most of the time people hit them because they never saw them or saw it too late to avoid due to carelessness, speed, turret facing the wrong way, map terrain/foliage, all the spell graphics flying around covering them up, etc. I also agree the proximity trigger is misleading.

IMO, they should color friendly mines green and leave the enemy mines the same color. I think this would enhance the game play by allowing mines to be used without paralyzing the movement of their own team.

ECTO_1a likes this.