1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Voice Adjusting the sails

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by The Grim Repair, 22 Nov 2017.

1. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

If you’re looking back at your battle log, please could you make it so that you can swipe right or left to view the newest or previous battle.

Currently we have to click the back arrow, remember which one is the next one, and then click the next one.

It would just remove some unnecessary clicking when looking back through battles.

2. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

wonderful opportunity, thanks @The Grim Repair !
    I would totally love

-item bag SCROLL BAR

-2 more settings in custom: the "horizon higness" to adjust to personal comfort how much 《SEA vs AIR》 to see and the "zoom on ship" to adjust how big your ship is in the screen. An advanced version of the MORTAR//CANNON view toggle.
    Allow any device screen to be properly fit.

-a separate inventory for spare perks (so renaming the actual 《INVENTORY/MATERIALS》 in 《ITEMS/MATERIALS/PERKS》) so you can keep the perks you might use without occuping valuable item slots.

-the "orange stripes" on ally mines (see the appropriate topic) AND/OR battle command with the "mine" image and "i place..." / "beware of..." , to warn others.

Cryix and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

and...probably this will be deleted but is just a tiny tiny post...
    i asked so many times for a more fair matchmaking and you've actually ALREADY FIGURED HOW.
    You simply have to switch the fleet matchmaking from "SAME" TOTAL INFAMY to "SAME" TOTAL GEAR-SCORE. This would allow hardcore new players to get high divisions without being obliterated and would reduce the problems of people floating still to reduce infamy because big ships must fight big ships. AND forbid veterans to troll newbies using the last mk2 of their fleet because if they equip tier IV/V items their gear score would spike up keeping them among veterans. BUT you can always equip some green items and do some relaxed fights away from the >2k infamy hell as a "noob-back".
    It is EXACTLY a
    AND HAS NO DRAWBACKS!
    Minimal effort, super easy application, extremely HAPPIER players. Please do not delete this @The Grim Repair , is really a crucial point of this game...

Last edited: 11 May 2018
  4. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

YEES finally!
    Well, i once upgraded an epic mortar with the one that held the perk for tier II. Perk vankshed, no gold, nor anything else. When i asked support to restore it, they said "the game worked properly, so there is no chance to compensate. We will forward this issue to developing team" but nothing heard more...

From then on, I was super careful when upgrading, and i discovered this:
    - when upgrading tier, the MOST RIGHT/BOTTOM item in inventory will be used (it is THEORICALLY the most recent one).
    - to be ABSOLUTELY SURE you are not using a valuable item (like your first tier IV cannon to upgrade your second to tier IV *sigh*) just have a closer look at the bottom images. They shows you exactly what you will lose. LEVELS and PERKS included! ;) 20180511_023137.jpg

Cryix likes this.
  5. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    When on the legendary raffle board and you win tokens, the tokens should be used on the legendary raffle board, not the standard raffle board. On a side note, whenever I get to the legendary raffle board I always win the least valuable item listed. Can anything be done to give me a fair draw???

Boboboh likes this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Nope.. lots of drawbacks, particularly since you are asking to eliminate infamy (which has a skill component), and allowing players to manipulate matches by changing their gear score.

Tooony and A55A51N like this.
  7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I went 50 straight legendary raffle draws in-between landing on a legendary piece. It'll even out over hundreds of draws I suppose... however many months/years that is.

A55A51N and Rez Messing like this.
  8. Weisman

Weisman New Member

It could be easier to accept a fleet demand between two battle without. When we play for a long time we dont see the demands.

9. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

this can be abused, i would just put lesser leveled items to lower my gear score to battle with newbies. I like the idea but therr should be a way to limit the abuse

10. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

well...gear score considers also MK tier of the ship. To fight against newbie you need below 1k gear score...so you have to use UC items and an mk3 at best...so you are LIKE a newbie, no abuse at all

11. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

not at all. I am not asking to remove infamy. Your badge and season class depends on it. You just fight pthers based on gear score.
    If you are skilled and win a lot, then your skill is useless because your ship sucks. On the opposite, your ship is in an mk6 with tierIV items, you float for 10 times in a row and then you smash through mk3. The actual system is broken, really, and has many more drawbacks.
    If you use gear score, your ship matches equivalents AS SHOULD BE. An example?
    I hate enforcers, but my guild never do that "winning machine" quest. I have to solo it. My enfo is an mk3, my infamy is 1800. What happens if I use that ship? EASY SINK.
    With gear score matchup, i would find myself among mk2 ships with t4 items and mk4 ships with t3/4 items. No mk6 with t5 for sure, as is now.
    INFAMY is a honor to how much you win and how many of those wins depends on you. It is how much SKILL and LUCK you have. Nothing to do with how much POWERFUL you are. So you get season prizes and leaderboards and achievements based on SKILL, but you fight others based on GEAR SCORE. And all is perfect. At now, if use my enforcer, also with common items, i still fight LEGENDARY guys. This has to stop...

Last edited: 12 May 2018
    El cactus likes this.
  12. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

l don’t really mean a total newbie, but you will be battling players with less experience and experience could play a lot. I will have better aiming and better strategies.

13. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

Well, that is the same taht happens if you start up a new profile. Experience is never considered, as infamy is just "wins-losses"% so if you are lucky to find always good mates, you take hundreds of infamy also by dying in the first 30 secs (yes, i saw mk2 ships at 1800 infamy shamely detonating after one shot. And their side still won). Opposite, you can be the most skilled player of the team, and find yourself alone against 3 because all other sucks while you solo killed 2 ships...again and again and you lose hundred points of infamy (yes it happens. Too many times).
    Infamy is not a measure of skill, but of how much hardcore (and lucky in matchups) you are. OBVIOUSLY, you go nowhere above 2k infamy without skill. But neither without mk5/6 ships and tier IV/V items.
    Basically, matching by infamy or gear score above 2k infamy is quite the same. But below infamy balance is really treacherous. I found many times mk6 shooters as "noob" of the team with 850 points or so. With LEGENDARY torps....that is fair? Infamy system allows player to float, reduce infamy, and troll others once downgraded. Gear-score never lies. You can lose 2k infamy, you still go among mk6 if you are that big. Opposite, you can play hours a day and grow up to 3k infamy freely with your mk3 ship that keep finding mk3/4 ships, instead of being utterly frustrated and become convinced that is a pay2win game. Because this is the idea you get by being the mk3 among mk5 that one-shot-kill you...

Wouldn't gear-score matchups solve many more problems that those "could" cause?
    Wouldn't this be so much better, fair and enjoyable, and also encouraging more players to play and invite others?

Veteran, seniors and paying players will care nothing if system matchup shifts from infamy to gearscore. But this would mean EVERYTHING for newbies and relaxed FTP players. And those are the "big public" to care more, and that can decide if the game will survive the test of time. Old players give up, pay2play stops paying once they got what they wanted, and then usually get bored and eventually give up. The future of any wealthy and hail app-game is the happiness of newbies and FTP, because there MUST ALWAYS BE hundreds of them.

Additionally,.backing to the main objection, if you lose on a ship with similar power of yours, your mind says "i can do better! as they do!" but if you lose against a far more powerful ship, you mind says "this game is bullshit. How am i supposed to win against THAT? Screw you, stupid app..."
    That is. IMO, is better being motivating than demoralizers ;)

Last edited: 12 May 2018
    El cactus likes this.
  14. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

oh, already asked but the more i say the more is heard (hopefully).
    Let us SCRAP POWERCELLS into parts (not pieces, parts to level up) AND PLEASE PLEASE I BEG YOU, REMOVE POWERCELLS FROM GUILD RAFFLES !!!

In early career players lack of everything to upgrade, but once they begin to get higher rarities and tiers, 1 resource cumulate uselessly. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, LET US SCRAP THOSE THOUSANDS POWERCELLS!
    SCRAPPING THEM INTO UPGRADING PARTS! every level of any rare weapon requires C/UC parts, but only the powercell of its rarity. So everyone is always empty of parts C/UC but has tons of C/UC powercells...additionaly, if you have a bad luck like mine, you can also get dozens powercells per weekly raffle, C/UC obviously.
    20180513_025923.jpg
    Worst part: do you see how many LEGENDARY powercells I have?
    Yes, they all came out of legendary raffle. . .:mad: and at the rate i am obtaining legendary items (guess how many? 0, correct) i will probably need them in a year...

So, let us SCRAP POWERCELLS into parts AND PLEASE PLEASE I BEG YOU, REMOVE POWERCELLS FROM GUILD RAFFLES !!!
    When you get them from ordinary raffle is :confused:, but out of the legendary is :eek: $@%#&€¥!!!!:mad:

Last edited: 13 May 2018
  15. Rokstrmahesh

Rokstrmahesh Active Member

I agree 200%

Cryix likes this.
  16. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

just like the old yahoo messenger lol

17. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

Ship mk barely affects gear score. Your perks will almost always add more gear score than your ship mk does.
    This will be also really abuse-able for ships with yellow items because they can just use a common level 1 nitro or Tesla Shield, because those are easily as useful as the T3 rare versions of the same item.

Rokstrmahesh likes this.
  18. Schrödinger

Schrödinger Member

I'd like to see some statistics on guild members: last login, number of battles for the current day (week).

19. Kyoob Cubison

Kyoob Cubison Member

If your fleeting, and both of you are dead, tell players if the other player is wanting to go to the next battle. If both players die and one player clicks “next battle,” tell the spectating player that the other wants to start a. Ew battle.

20. Cryix

Cryix Well-Known Member

Ewwo_O

TheAntiSnipe likes this.