1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do the Unfriends have often 1 stronger ship?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flint, 15 May 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

A few months ago I posted a thread very similar, I asked why there are always more mk5s on the other team. But still it happens 50%-60 of the time (both my accounts) that the Unfriends have 1 stronger ship.

It doesn't seem much 4x m5 + 1x Mk4 against 5x mk5s, but clearly it does. Because 80% of these battles we lose. We win a few, but most we lose.

From 10 battles I played yesterday and today 80 were in favour if the Unfriends.

Regards,
    Flint

MM Screenshot_2018-05-11-22-50-56.jpg MM Screenshot_2018-05-12-12-08-18.jpg

MM Screenshot_2018-05-12-14-30-27.jpg

MM Screenshot_2018-05-12-14-30-39.jpg

2. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Same case here in Nightmare:confused:

Screenshot_20180512-191240.jpg Screenshot_20180512-191323.jpg Screenshot_20180513-235644.jpg Screenshot_20180515-103251.jpg

3. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

4. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Well everyone feels that all the battles in nightmare are properly matched and only those in the lower leagues face problem with match making. But, the thing is even here the match making is f***Ed up.

Hope they fix it soon or in the coming update:rolleyes:

5. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

6. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

In the first pic both team had the same amount of MK

And in the second one your team had more MK

And in the third one you were fleeting , and we know that probably it will effect MK balancing , and also everyone in your team is MK7 apart from both of you , so maybe in that time and situation it couldn't be more balanced

And in the fourth one ,enemy had one more MK than your team ,but in the second one your team had more MK ,so in long term the MK is balanced

Apart from that sometimes the matchmaking is clearly unbalanced ,because i can be balanced by switching 1 ,2 players spot in both team , but maybe devs have reduced the amount of MK counted for matchmaking and increased infamy counting .

7. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

aaaaaaaaa.jpg

Last edited: 16 May 2018
  8. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Probably becuase I never notice. A mk6 gets sunk as easily as an mk5, if not more so at my level.

9. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

A mk6 is harder to sink if your weapons do only between 200 and 500 damage and their weapons do 1600 to 2000 crit. So, that will kill me in one single shot.

With my mk2 account I have to hit a mk5 Defender with 10.000 hp : 200 = 50 times full on. So, needless to say......that is impossible.

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I said

11. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

It is weird that matchmaking is based partly on the total sum of mk's one side has.

Friends --------- Unfriends
    mk4 -------------- mk5
    mk4 -------------- mk5
    mk4 -------------- mk5
    mk4 -------------- mk5
    mk4 -------------- mk1
    Total
    mk 20 ---------- mk 21

The mk5 are stronger, probably have stronger weapons and shields as well. So, despite a mk1 on their side, they are stronger than the Unfriends. I see these battles a lot like this, had 2 yesterday. And most of the time the team with the 4x mk5s and 1x mk1 win over an all mk4 team is my experience.

Lets do this maths with real sports, for example a football team of 5 players with their age.

Friends --------- Unfriends
    30 yrs------------ 15 yrs
    05 yrs------------ 15 yrs
    05 yrs------------ 15 yrs
    05 yrs------------ 13 yrs
    05 yrs------------ 12 yrs
    Total
    60 yrs------------ 60 yrs

Average age
    12 yrs------------ 12 yrs

Maybe a bit weird comparisson, but you can not use it to get a fair match just by looking at the total mk (or in this case total or average years of a team)

Last edited: 15 May 2018
  12. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Victim mentality is a serious disease that prevents you from improving. Thank God it's not contagious!... Oh wait...

13. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Look at my battles, I did more damage than the 4 mk5s combined in the first battle so I am no victim at all. Most battles I am 1st, 2nd or 3rd place. The ones I showed here are 1st and 2nd place. Show I did not let my team down.

And I am not complaining, just asking questions.

Last edited: 15 May 2018
  14. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Ship mk was only introduced because the community wanted it. So if you want to blame someone, blame us, and start opposing gear score matchmaking

Spinners71 likes this.
  15. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I do agree with matchmaking on the same level boats, but not like now a sum total which needs to be the same. Look at the example, it won't work that well. A mk1 should not be in a battle with all mk4 and mk5 period.

Gear Score is not being used in the matchmaking as far as I know. I would love to see a game where everybody has the same weapons and boats ( of course the choice of different types of boats would remain), because now a lot of it comes down to luck, luck which weapon you find or not. I have been waiting for an epic explosive cannon for 5 months to evolve to T2 While I get shot by T4 epic expl cannons.

16. Kurd1stan.

First if a player uses mk1 when he probably has mk4 or mk5 then any match he playes will be unbalanced , he is a tanker probably

And in the second one , now why 5 years old players will play with 30 years old player ? It never happens in real life

Let's get back to BB ,now the current matchmaking will never put a mk1 with mk5 and mk4 unless he is a tanker and he wasn't tanking for a long time , or he is grinding quests ,

So you should blame players for being stupid .

And in low infamy it is a bit unbalanced , but that is also because of people stupidity , i have a mini account that willl be in master II next season and my main will be in nightmare next season ,so iam facing both kind of matchmaking

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I agree, but I have a guild mate in a mk1, who is no tanker, has only played 80 battles with a mk1 and has reached a 1000 Infamy and is in battles with all mk5s. So, that is due to the matchmaking not for him being stupid or a tanker. I can ask for screenshots.

I come across mk6 with 0 Infamy in my battles, while everybody else has 1000-1200. Okay, he / she is a tanker, but why place a mk6 with more than a 1000 less Infamy in a battle with us? That is down to the matchmaking.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I am not complaining btw, I just notice something and I wonder if you have experienced the same and if it a team with 1 stronger boat is more likely to win. I believe it is, not always. But usually if you are evenly skilled, than the match will be won with the one who has a better boat or bigger weapons.

19. Kurd1stan.

1k in 80 matches that so impressive , now he isn't bad player ,he is a very good player , but those mk5 at 1k infamy are noobs , i don't mean all of them , and also for him it is a very unique situation ,

And if you take a look at very old BB YT videos you will see that reaching nightmare with mk5 so common , there were mk4 at ace 1 league and even with low gear

And i want a screenshot to see his setup and gear score .

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Here is prove of the last two battles:

Still you see Unfriends have the advantage of 1 bigger boat, 70% of my matches.

Screenshot_2018-05-15-14-57-12.jpg Screenshot_2018-05-15-15-02-33.jpg