1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to have cheaters and bots on this game?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by mcloide, 7 Jun 2017.

1. mcloide

mcloide New Member

After the recent updates I have got a couple of odd situations while in a match. In the first match there was a speeder that was too fast for anyone on the team weapons aim to keep up. After a while the guy got bored and gave up, allowing the team to destroy his boat, on a second match, playing against a boat that had 1500 hit points, 4 epic canon shots were hit and no damage. Being a shooter boat and a MK2 I don't see how to get a shield there.

Because these 2 scenarios I'm wondering if there are cheaters and bots on this game because if so, it kills the fun of it.

2. mang inasar

mang inasar Active Member

yes it is possible, cheaters of almost every online game out there usually love bragging in youtube about their cheat "achievements" so you can periodically check for cheats by searching in youtube. about the non-damage situation you described, it may possibly be lag and the damage didnt register.

3. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Speed hackers.

4. SirCornedBeef

SirCornedBeef Developer

Unfortunately speed hacking exists and when we discover it these players will get permanently banned. If you spot it, please report it and include a video of the player where we can see the speed hack too. That makes it a lot easier and faster for us to take action.

In regards to not doing damage, it is due to lag.

5. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games

Can't you look at the trail when they move their ship as evidence? I once found a shooter hacking, and i looked at the trail and its longer than a speeder.

Scrublordmasternub likes this.
  6. SirCornedBeef

SirCornedBeef Developer

It is not as simple as that. If you find someone who seems to be speed hacking, take a video and report the player. We do the rest.

7. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    oic

8. Azana

Azana New Member

I did question this guy to my team mates as he was flitting about so fast you couldn't hit him unless he was stationary. Yes he got caught, it was either a glitch or a hack!!!

Attached Files:

9. mcloide

mcloide New Member

How can I record a video during an in-game situation?

10. mcloide

mcloide New Member

Now that I know that it is due to lag, makes more sense, either way, the other team gets's in disadvantage because that lagged ship doesn't die, therefore, helping the win.

11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Sometimes, at lower infamies, people may get REALLY lucky and end up with an epic turbo. I can see that this is not your case, but, just sayin'. Hacking... Personally, I have never run into a hacker in-game, but sometimes hacking really looks like simply good equipment. Depends on the hacker. Far as I've seen, anyway.

12. disorder

disorder Active Member

i use
    i use ez recorder, quite fine.
    against speed hacking, frost blaster is the best ^^

13. Scrublordmasternub

Scrublordmasternub New Member

Electrician⚡
    I saw a defender speed hacking once. he popped up at our spawn behind us. Then proceeded to fly about the map. >___< wishing i had recorded it.

14. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

^
    I would love to report these guys but... where actually is the Report page? Do we use the "Contact Us" page? Are there instructions posted anywhere that would explain how to do any of these things? Is there an app for recording that I can switch on during a game?

15. LameAdmins

LameAdmins New Member

yes cheating is allowed. but it costs money. you can buy in battle bay program codes which makes you super strong. just buy t4 legend explosive 3k dmg and play vs. small ships with 800 dmg.
    what is the different between changing program codes (cheater) to be super strong? or buy the overpowered program codes?
    in both situations, you have low ships (normal user) vs. overpowered ships.

So ! Cheating is Allowed in Battle Bay.

16. GuerrillaPvP

GuerrillaPvP Active Member

Once saw a fixer who was over to my team's side of the map before some of our teammates were even going yet :confused:

17. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

...Well poop. I saw a speeder maybe earlier game that was going super fast, but was sort of flickering in and out of place. I thought it was lag, or at that time because I didn't know better, double overboost.

18. SirCornedBeef

SirCornedBeef Developer

If you remember the name, or took a screenshot of the results and tell us who you were suspecting, you can post this message here on the board too and we will check.

Miathan likes this.
  19. ThirstySeal

ThirstySeal Member

@SirCornedBeef There were 2 speed hackers in this match I just had: tesseracts & flash thunders. Moving faster than I've ever seen a ship move, no cool down, just mega-zoom all the time.

We got em, though;)

Attached Files:

cgr3asy likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Waste 'em!

ThirstySeal likes this.