1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do people focus defenders first?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by xxxBISMARCKxxx, 13 May 2018.

1. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Somebody explain this to me, the amount of times I am getting focused first as a tank seems very weird. Is it just because defenders are so easy to hit or what ? Definitely the only game I've seen where focusing the tank first is like apparently a thing.

Mr. Chompers and VantaBlack like this.
  2. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Who doesn't like juicy free damage points? Defenders are so easy to hit even with one eye closed. Player don't even care if focusing on the defender causes them to lose, there's just something irresistible about hitting a massive hp crawling target, probably the fact that whomever focuses on the defender gets top dmg score at the end.

Last edited: 13 May 2018
  3. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Defenders are DEADLY as Shooters if they have the right weapons with them.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Rokstrmahesh and FearsomeChicken like this.
  4. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

The main demerits of Defender are its slow speed,bad turret agility and ship agility.:(:(:(

5. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Because they go first and they are so wide that big torps can hit it without leading their shots

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I still remember the last time we met. You make yourself too big of a target, mate. What's worse, you try to retreat. With a defender. Bro defenders NEVA reverse. They strafe, and they dance(sometimes) but reverse? Surefire way to get yourself no-led into oblivion.

If you still(ik this was months ago) do any of this, now you know why you get focussed.

The Otherguy and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  7. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Big boat, mostly inadequate gear, can't turn, can't chase you down and can't retreat. Why waste time chasing yellows when there's a big blue target is still in the match?

TheAntiSnipe and FearsomeChicken like this.
  8. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

Lets see what's happening here.
    If this beast-of-a-ship charged at you...
    IMG_20180513_122330.png
    ...Would you shoot it or slowly sail away, herein lies your answer.

End of story, goodbye.

9. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Because they are absolutely nightmare when they get close and start hammering flares/grenades/blasts/excannons. If you don’t kill the defender quickly, he can take down 2-3 boats while you are chipping off 16k hp

10. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Half health defender has 2k+ hp than a full health speeder or in some cases shooters. Defender can decimate any ship while tanking damage. Better get rid of them first.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  11. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

If I was asking about why do "I" get focused, and I did the same strategy every time, I would say so and add some replays... thanks for remembering me though lol... But II don' know about this thing about defenders can't/don't retreat, some I guess don't but I just don't agree with it. Here at the beginning of this replay you can see a classic example of taking out a guy who makes a mistake and then retreating because the whole rest of the team is coming. https://replay.battlebay.net/MXKHCZCB#YBJPVMXG

But.. anyways.. I'm still struggling with the actual logic of focusing defender first because I see it generally happen a lot. I see people on my team doing it and it is frustrating. If there is a lower-health target you can hit you should generally go for that one first imo.

12. TheAntiSnipe

Well, usually nobody focuses on defenders, at least no yellow boats do it. We work on defenders later, after we mess up their DPS element. But if a defender IS getting focused, it's either that the team against said defender is full of potatoes, or the defender has provided an opening that can be used to take him/her out of play.

13. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I always focus defender unless there is an Enforcer. I don't want to be 1v1 against 14k or 10k hp ship which deals 2k damage every hit.

14. TheAntiSnipe

Those defenders are DPS in that case tho, right?

15. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

If I saw this absurd boat, I would simply turn a rock around and shoot it in the ass every 10 seconds because with that speed it has no chance of catching anyone ... I do not think people shoot the tank first, it's just that they should come first so ... nothing is more sad than watching a defender hide and afraid

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  16. Rokstrmahesh

Rokstrmahesh Active Member

Defenders are easy to hit with cannons, torpedos, mortar, because of it's size,also ship & turret agility is less.
    But they are deadly with correct weapons, they rush into me and takes me down so quickly, if ignored ( fixer :-( )

17. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

If enemy team has a defender I always tell my team to destroy him. Just because he's the biggest danger.

Nothing worse than being torn apart by a single defender followed by his team.

18. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

I think the main problem is the best strategy for defender is a charge followed by your team. However, the team rarely follows, which usually leads to a lone defender charging, and getting smoked by an enemy team.

19. N1mzor

N1mzor Active Member

Most people have really bad accuracy and the defender is easiest to hit, so its the best way to guaranteeing yourself some damage, even if attacking a Defender isn't the most optimal target, plenty of people do it for hat reason. I've had plenty of games where someone just aims at me the whole time even when there are closer and softer targets available to them. I'm ok with this a lot of the time since it gives the Fixer/speeders some breathing room to do their thing. Its only really worth shooting at a Defender if you doing it with at least 1 other teammate. You shouldn't put yourself in a 1on1 with a Defender (unless they lost a lot of HP to the point where you can) since thats exactly what we want. If they are propely geared and know how to aim and move, you will lose. They just have alot more HP to play with.

Last edited: 13 May 2018
    xxxBISMARCKxxx likes this.
  20. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Most times it happens (with or against me) it is because of bad rushing time