1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Gear lube vs Rudder?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Pilot vdhruv, 12 Jun 2017.

1. Pilot vdhruv

Pilot vdhruv New Member

I am currently using a defender and sometimes also use shooter. Which one should I upgrade (both rare)?

2. ChaseSU

ChaseSU Member

From what I heard, gear lubes don't do so well. Haven't been using enforcer though, so I won't say it doesn't have its uses. Still, I would go with rudder for extra agility. You know... those times when there's a sharp corner and there's 3 enemies on your tail.

3. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

You should have a feel of them to see if it suits your play style. Try using an enforcer to have a feel of quick turret turns. Try using a speeder to have a feel of better agility.
    When I'm playing with a shooter I'm using gear lube with turbo trading off extra HP as compared to most of the shooter out there.
    I'm more of a supporting role play style supporting fire behind those going into the front line, I like to have better turret response to better support those in the front or retreating.
    If I get to shooter MK6 I would actually like to try to add on a rudder for me to navigate around more agilely for better support.
    But that's just me. Play around with them and choose which one you like to suit your style.

4. _iLoveU_

_iLoveU_ New Member

Engineer
    I use Gear Lube with Shooter/Fixer ships while Rudder is best fitted with Defender.

5. oDDD

oDDD Member

Alot of end game Speeders use rudder to further there amazing agility. To be beast at dodging morts and torps. And also great when using frost slow and big torp.

6. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

I find that unlikely over more armour / turbo or bandage but hey.. each to their own!

7. oDDD

oDDD Member

Look around, threads and vids about/with Speeders with a Rudder.

8. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Speeders use Rudder for the same reason an Enforcer would use Lube, it percentage-buffs stats that are already higher than every other class. This guy is talking about Shooter and Defender, though.

Personally, I would avoid both, but if you want to use one, I would go Rudder. The effect will come in handy a little more often since not only will you turn faster, your ship rotation indirectly helps turret rotation (rotate in the same direction your turret is trying to rotate, it will reach it's target faster). Gear Lube is only a better option if you often find yourself turning in one direction while your turret rotates the other way, since it will make that slightly less annoying.

monobrow likes this.
  9. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

gear lube is better because it helps turrret to turn faster with auto aim. not sure if many use gear lube with speeder/shooter or rudder with enforcer/defender. i think those will create deadly balance. i put T2 gear lube with shooter, killing annoying banana boat is a easy.

Last edited: 4 Sep 2017
  10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I don't recommend either. Gear lube can be decent if you are using a torpedo

Babablacksheep likes this.
  11. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I think eyore uses it, the shooter with 2 big torpedo

12. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Great for leading shots against speeders as you need to lead your shot up to a 100°+ angle sometimes :p

13. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I don't see any End Game Speeders using Rudder. It's sort of a waste of a blue slot , rather take a slightly longer turn than having 1500 to 2500 less hp from Shields or Bandages.

BasedCarpen and disorder like this.
  14. disorder

disorder Active Member

enforcer with rubber or gear lube seem crazy....
    turbo : need, bandage/shield: need
    seem same for speeder...

excêpt for defender (cos of number of blue slot) i can't see how it can be more efficient than the 3 blue classic item (turbo/bandage/shield).