1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Ship?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HARPO!, 29 Apr 2018.

1. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Your original idea seems OP. You're taking a speeder, removing a yellow slot and replacing it with a green, and somehow giving it 4 red points instead of 3. So a duct taping speeder with more firepower.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  2. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

i would avoid to put green items on a defender. I mean, it is already MASSIVELY HPed, already fit 2 or more bandages, also a duct tape would made them invincible. Additionally, putting green items on the defender would just remove the need ot the new ship, becaise there would already be one sooo similar. I just wanted the defender to have 4 ITI, amd exluding green ones the only left are. . .o_O
    Seriously, it has flaps, an enormois turbo tube, a "hangar" on the front, cannot it fit perfectly a yellow tool? And it wont change its style at all, it only makes it more customizable.
    Would play it but too slow? OVERBOOST
    Hate being plundered by mortars? NITRO
    Reckless charging rhino? TESHIELD (ehm no...ops)
    I am slow...you're slower!?! FROSTRAY
    Frost blaster cannot be equipped (1 power)
    And what else? oh...right...no chance to waste it for a tesla bolt...:D

but you cannot avoid the possibility to use them. Even by putting 2powers on 2 slot, you could run a repair pulse. FIXER will always have the privilege of using DOUBLE 2-POWER items, and that is why i wanted the new ship to have only 3 green powers.
    Obviously, It must have 2 slots, alternatively would became a defender with a green slot...LOL :p

The point is exactly that we do, my dear. If this ship come true, defender will be the MOST USELESS SHIP EVER. We all want a new ship, but if this makes 1 of the old a "poor option", in the end we will still have only 5 ships and some extra inventory slots...
    if you look at the slot development, is VERY CLOSE to a defender, but have just a little less firepower (a single 2POWER). So we need to balance the defender to not be "dethroned" from TANK of the bay. I am pretry sure reducing the 8(R)POWER of the shooters and placing that 1(Y)POWER to defender would really balance better the choices, and accept the new BOLSTER (or whatever) as a nice and calibrated alternative.

Last edited: 11 May 2018
    HARPO! likes this.
  3. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

Well, the big problem in the original idea is not the OPness...would be really far from a speeder, with no turbo allowed, neither a piece of armor to boost HP (remember, no crew specific talents for it). Also, it will be too much exceptional, being the only ship with NO BLUE SLOTS (and the minimum is 2).
    Basically, the original version is a "mobile regenerative punchin'bag".
    BUT if you are thinking that HAVING NO BLUE its base speed, turret rotation and agility should be simikar to the MAXIMUM average value, then it is surely a scary dreadnough...
    @TheAntiSnipe

Better have it having blue items and NOT AT ALL yellow. Really. Would be too "alien"...unless that is the point, a UFO in the bay (no turret rotation nor agility, fixed cruise-speed so no need of blues) but i fear it would be abhorred from most players...

Last edited: 11 May 2018
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You cannot equip a tesshield xD its 2 slots

5. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

New ship:

11GGGGGGG
    1Y

6. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Guys go check out my other Ship Threads. You’d like them and actually reliance that these ideas that other people are saying we’re mine first. Cause it’s getting frustrating! :mad:

7. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

woops, these demostrates how much i use tesla items :oops:

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

Seriously, I hope they don't add new ships because then were going to have too many Matchmaking threads to manage.
    And it would kinda ruin the in-game balance and the game will just sink.

9. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

hey my friend, the important point in "suggestions" is to improve the game, the "names" of those genius who put their brains in will sure be irrelevant once they will be applied. Maybe we can get a "thank you" as bottom lone greetings but...maybe neither that...so be relaxed :)

10. Nimzor

Nimzor Member

I think if you are trying to design a new ship, you need to think about not stepping on the toes of other ships, not just with slots and slot points but also in terms of roles.

Battle Bay likes to think of itself as a moba type game ( i don't really agree with this but lets use moba roles)

Very Roughly Battle Bay has this:
    Shooter - Carry (DPS)
    Defender - Tank
    Fixer - Support (Healer)
    Speeder - Ganker (Assassin/Harasser)
    Enforcer - Hybrid (tank/ganker with Tesla shields or Support/Ganker with frosts/tesla bolts)

Roles missing are Junglers and Pushers, since their is no jungle, creeps and multiple objectives these are a non factor.

There are more hybrid classes available, but is there room for them? Take your Bolster Class

To me this just looks like a better version of Defender, giving up some Blue slots for some green slots, Or a better version of a Fixer which gives up some healing and its yellow slot for more firepower and health.

I think the best way to introduce a new ship or ships would be to also bring them out along side a new gear type (oranges/purples) to help ensure there is a enough uniqueness and variation. Purples could be things like life leech and debuffs. Some Eg. Radar Blocker - Make a target ship unable to see unfriends for 5 seconds outside a certain range. Upgrades increase the range of their blindness. Corrosive Fumes- Release Toxic fumes surrounding your ship which make close by unfriends and yourself take extra damage.

Spinners71, TheAntiSnipe and Ash KOT like this.
  11. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

I also joined the topic of "new items", but this maybe would make a paradox. We wanted more use of green items, to let at least 2 ship using them. Your idea would accomplish this making another item relegated to a single class. Seems very parasitic to me. No ship in battle bay is "exceptional" but the fixer, that has green slots, AND all the item-types.
    The bolster would be exactly a mid way between 3 ships, and far different from each, as you already explained
    but remind is also a shooter that shoot less to endute more.
    Whatever the comparison, is "better than *that* but with less of *that*", like every pther ship. Remember, speeder and enforcer would be quite identhical if their stat wpuld not be so different. If you equalize crew potential and ship stats, then the enforcer is not a hybrid, but just a speeder that shoots more. Viceversa, the speeder would just be an enforcer with more tuning option.
    Same is true between shooter and defender. They are symmetrical, with FIREPOWER vs TUNING (except for that 1 point higher). What makes the defender a TANK are its absurd DEF and HP. Reduce def to 20, HP to 3k and rise speed, you have a shooter that shoot less but maneuver better.

Long story short, roles in battle bay are not determined by SLOTS, but from STATS first. And we never spoke about them.
    Speeder is speedy for his speed, not the 3 yellow nor the 3 blue (sure, they help). Defender is a tank by his own, slow and massive, before considering the blue power. Shooter maybe is the only one that really speak by slots, saying "hey i shoot...hard".

New items should be availablo to all ships (see topic for info) but the role of the bolster would be *survivalist*. No ship can run in the middle of enemies and go back unharmed. This could.
    Speaking of hybrids, enforcer is:
    -speeder with less speed more weapons
    -shooter with less weapons more tools
    -defender with less tuning more tools
    Bolster would be:
    -fixer with no tool, less recovery, more tune&power (what makes it unique).
    -shooter with less weapons more recovery
    -defender with less tuning more recovery

It is new, different from every other, as different is its role. Is a "bait" technically, "struck me down with all ya got or deal with me once i am the last". Similar to a fixer, but designed to be selfish and more offensive, with less evasion as all offensive ships.

12. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

If we now want to open the door of hell, let us speak of stats.
    Being mid way as a tank/dps, should be slower than a shooter, faster than a defender (considered base stats with crew specific enhancement).
    Being regenerative, but not so fast, its HP should be similar to the enforcer, as also turret rotation and agility like a hybrid. BUT with 0 base defense at any mk as a fixer.

Here you go, a shooting support customizable between tank (shields and bandages) balance (1 turbo, 1 shield, 1 lube/rudder) and aggressive (2turbo 1 shield). A wildcard, as is the fixer mk6 and above, but not bound to cure others, with many playing styles, as the enforcer.
    What more you need it to be unique, balanced and appreciable?