1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Captain flounder, 6 Apr 2018.

1. Captain flounder

Captain flounder New Member

I just like to say ur gameis amazing and the latest update gave it a better ux (user experience) but i want to touch on a sensitive topic.... matchmaking very rarely in my experience do i have a balanced match its either my team has an advantage or enemy team so i was thinking u added gear score........ why not use gear score in match making not infamy u can match each ship to its equivalent equal in gear score that way its balanced and matches would be based on skills but its just a suggestion

Rootzman and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Manipulating matchmaking beyond infamy diminishes the value of infamy.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  3. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    That would be the same as using infamy for the matchmaking. There are MK2 who might have equivalent gear score of MK5, and would thus be paired unfairly with people

4. Someone

Someone New Member

Someone could use a high mk ship but just 1 legendary weapon and then beat everyone that usually is low down but has the same gear score

Raunak likes this.
  5. Rootzman

Rootzman New Member

So what, admit infamy is pointless and improve the game. Gear score matchmaking is the way to go. They are RUINING a great game with the infamy matchmaking. They can use infamy for guild quests

6. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I would have to disagree. Infamy is determined by how much you win, which is determined by teamwork, skill, and gear. If matchmaking was only based on gear score (which considers gear obviously), then those high leveled players at lower infamies would lose almost every game they played and probably quit. Matchmaking is definitely terrible below 1k infamy, but gear score would only make it worse because it doesn't factor in skill at all.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. Rootzman

Rootzman New Member

So you think that, for example. If your ship has twice the health and damage output of my ship we should still be matched up together...because the heavy hitter is on a losing streak? What about the noobs he is allowed to prey on?

How about this one, a pro sports team is at the bottom of their division. Should they be allowed to compete in college tournaments, crushing students just so they can feel better?

Maybe ask yourself, why does this strong player have such low infamy..instead of throwing noobs underneath the bus. He should get better, not pick on the weak..that still won’t help him in the long run

8. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    There could be another system (I already stated that I knew it was bad under 1k) but gear score won't work above that. Also, a lot of players upgrade gear to improve infamy, as a challenge. If we just played to get more resources to upgrade gear to get harder matches, then it wouldn't be worth it.

And if that heavy hitter can't aim, lead shots, or follow his team then I wouldn't want to be in a match with this person at higher level matchmaking.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

The game isn’t just about battles, it’s also about slowly building-up and improving your ship and items.

Infamy is the incentive for people to do that, and ‘hopefully’ spend some money doing it, which is how the game pays for itself.

With gear-based matchmaking, your games will never get any harder, so there is no incentive to upgrade. Also infamy will become meaningless and fragmented. A mk1 would be able to gain infamy indefinitely, without ever having to fight any harder ships

TheAntiSnipe and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Youre talking about a pure-skill game. Consider this.

On one side you have a real-life gunslinger, someone who can draw and shoot a revolver in less than a half second, a real rattler. On the other, you have your regular "gansta" with goldplated Colt .44s. Who do YOU think will win?

Basically, gear ceases to matter after a point. If someone has a t5 legendary railgun and can't hit the broad side of a barn with it, if he has a 12k gearscore, he's going to keep losing. And that streak, my friend, is never going to end since his gearscore never decreases!

Also you can abuse the gearscore system. If I have two t5 lege weps, I can definately lower my gearscore by equipping no blues and no yellows on a speeder. I'll be matched against people who will get oneshot by me and will have to do nothing other than park myself on a point on the map and sit there blasting away at anything that moves.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  11. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I'm surprised you didn't lock the thread. Did you forget? Or are you being forgiving?

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Using only Gear Score eliminates a player's skill rating and allows players to manipulate Matchmaking by changing gear at will. For example, it's already a problem that players can currently manipulate matchmaking by using their under-leveled boats. What you are really asking for is more easily solved by keeping players closer to their max lifetime infamy so that they can't regress into newbie territory and seal club.