1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking at 800 infamy

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by B O O S T I O!, 2 Apr 2018.

?

Should this be normal?

1. Yep.

2. Nope.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. B O O S T I O!

B O O S T I O! New Member

So I got up a bit on the ladder and tryed to do a battle, but it seems like everyone here as a mark3-5 ship and I as a mk2 shooter cant handle the damage done by the t4 rare snipers that every shipat that level has.
    Here's a picture of my latest game:
    (sorry for the low quality but I play on phone)

Attached Files:

2. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

Before a long time in my mini account i had a match that i was mk2 and all of my team Were mk5 and enemy team had 2 mk5 and 3 mk4 (and that 3 mk4 were there so that both team have the same Mk) but i managed to stay alive ,how? Became a torp /sniper / mortar spammer it is the best solution for you,and everyone who have that problem

3. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    MM threads 4 billion + 10? @_devill or whoever counted them?

4. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Yep. There is always one more matchmaking thread. Matchmaking thread count updated.;)

5. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

It should not be normal but it is normal for Battle Bay. The lower infamies are a disaster. If you like the game enough, grind it out to M4 and R25-ish type gear and things even out above 1500 infamy.

6. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    They are down there because they are just terrible. Keep moving and use long range items till mk5. Most Mk5s just charge and don't lead shots. I saw a mk2 enfo beat a mk5 shoot at close range, becuase the enforcer kept moving, and the shooter never led its shots.

TheFixer27 and What's Up Player like this.
  7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

There seems to be an expectation that infamy X should have ship level Y in it. That's not how infamy works. We all hit a ceiling in matchmaking... and it requires added skill/items/ship to get through.

8. B O O S T I O!

B O O S T I O! New Member

Ugh, As a f2p player i dont know if i can get high tier rar- oh wait i got an achievement. HeLLo RaRe BLast CaNNon.

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. Rootzman

Rootzman New Member

Infamy DOESN’T work for matchmaking, gear score is the logical choice. If anybody can make a case for why infamy is better for matchmaking I would love to hear your point. To me it’s just as rational as someone making a case for walking around backwards, yea we could all do it but why should we since it’s ridiculous compared to how it should be. Obviously matchmaking is a big issue in this game, stop suggesting players get used to it and FIX THE ISSUE.

10. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Rovio really needs to un-gate mk upgrades a lot. That would help new players so much. Remove Captain level requirements, make them a lot cheaper too.

It really stinks for new players to join up, enjoy the game, then basically be told "Oh, you actually want to climb and improve your gear? Fine, but bend over and get used to what's coming for a solid 4 months first!"

TheFixer27 likes this.
  11. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    loooOoooOooOck.

wreck your day likes this.
  12. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Infamy would work better at the lower levels if good players were actually allowed to rise. There are too many arbitrary gates holding them back, which creates a tremendous amount of unnecessary and prolonged suffering. The gates perhaps had a purpose early in the game's life, but if they want new players to stick around, they should be completely reworked.

TheFixer27 likes this.