1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Missiles 2 stars

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by xxxBISMARCKxxx, 9 Mar 2018.

1. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

2. ElMataC

ElMataC Member

I like some of your suggestions, specifically the ones regarding easier access for new players.
    I'm a Shooter player and I've loved my missile since I first tried them; I waited until I almost unlocked the 4th missile talent, but started practicing a couple of days earlier, and the fact with this weapon is that it relies a LOT on these talents: at 4 missiles it became a good weapon, and since when I unlocked the 5th missile, it has become my most damaging weapon, seriously I saw my infamy jump +500 points in 2 days after I unlocked that talent, and I want to stress out the fact that I invest a lot of time in this game. (though the fact that I was already trained in using the weapon certainly was an important factor)

About some of your others suggestions: I like my missiles as they are, having them "buffed" by being easier/more reliable to hit would certainly be good, but not every weapon must be "player-friendly". I like that missiles have their niche play style, and I like the fact that my practice with them made the weapon (and therefore my performance) way better.

3. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

You need a bit of skill to properly use the missiles. I use a t5 rare missile and it’s one of my best items usually doing between 500-2k damage. But a buff would be nice :por at least some perks specific to the missile launcher.

4. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Well, I don't need it to be face roll easy, but if I wait and time it so waves aren't a factor and, if I'm lucky, I get several missiles to land, I don't like that they only do single digit dmg because the dmg falloff is so steep. I also don't like when I aim perfectly in the mid range sweet spot, and still miss altogether on bad RNG.

I would call that"player unfriendly".

How about this for a compromise:
    - what if the game assigned 1 of the projectiles to land in the center of the target, and the rest had the spread as normal
    - I still think falloff should be tweaked
    - for all this, I'd take a 5-8% base dmg reduction

I would want this for Carronade too. I can't tell you how many times I fire at someone right next to me, only to have all 7 bullets miss wide (left and right). Give me just 1 that definitely goes straight!

Last edited: 25 Mar 2018
    Babablacksheep and ElMataC like this.
  5. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

Missiles are affected by splash dmg talents in all the training trees. This helps spread.

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I have T5 missiles and Blastian fully trained. I do like missiles, but the random spreads, tiny AoE, and Defense points all ensure that overall damage is very toned down. Getting the full 2000 max hit is equivalent to getting a 1% crit because it's extremely rare, the missiles never hit the same spot on target... if they do hit the same place they are all off target. Far more frequently I get 200-300 damage, but it hits near 1k reguarly, which is still solid, but not actually much better than my BC. You get bigger hits from Big Berta, Big Torp, Railgun, Mine, and probably others.

7. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
  8. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Try defender in nightmare. It's your worst <----

9. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Bump,i tried using 4 projectile WEAPON..The spread os ridiculous.It is help ful only in specific mid range

As @Spinners71 has quoted many ideas, I like the one where 1 of the 5 projectile of MISSILES should be accurate and not dependent on RNG
    I m not in favor of increasing blast radius

The weapon is great in all aspects, except the Random shots

@Miika is the damage fall off of missile working as intended..Slight miss and you end up with zero Damage! (I wont argue further if its how it was intended to work)
    And can we make 4 projectiles missile by default with 5th projectile available a bit early(A talent before T4 blastain),just like the buff given to carronade!

Spinners71 likes this.
  10. Babablacksheep

Last edited: 10 May 2018
    Nikkie! and xxxBISMARCKxxx like this.
  11. xxxBISMARCKxxx

I feel like when you get all or most of them to fully hit someone it's basically like you got a 'crit' roll.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  12. Babablacksheep

Nikkie! likes this.
  13. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Well Waveblower was supposed to be a pro with this but it turns out he was using PC so... play Battle Bay on PC?

I will tell you one thing that is weird, it seems like I hit them more when I put them on a shooter than on my defender.

14. Babablacksheep

Nikkie! and xxxBISMARCKxxx like this.
  15. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Been using missiles for over 8 months - T5E and love them. Definitely useless until trained and evolved...need 5 projectiles and mid range shot for most efficient use - land all 5...ouch. Also cool down with one perk is insane (9sec I think) love em!

16. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I'm doing just fine in nightmare with 4 projectiles. It's just that people don't understand that it's a mid range weapon.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Midrange? Daaaamn~ that changes a lot...

Can you run them on a speeder?

18. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I've seen some nightmare speeders go frost+missiles (maybe just for quest. Who knows) but it's effective. And you have to stay still while launching for smaller spread and nitro away after that.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Interesting. I never get missiles via RNG, but I'm probably gonna start hoarding.

20. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I tried missiles once, HATED them.

However, in nightmare, some pros that use missiles, well pretty much every weapon... if they are pros with that weapon..
    They are your worst ^