1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Bhurt 15

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by lolawola, 12 Jun 2017.

1. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

i am at a point to choose, but facing a dilemma.

bhurt lvl 15
    1. +10% to burning targets
    2. +10% to blast cannon

so currently i am using blast cannon and flare gun, so both options seem appropriate to me. i dont know how dmg is calculated in this game, but i am thinking i should go with the second option as the increase is the same and my target may not always be on fire.

thoughts from experienced players?
    or someone who is using blastgun combo?

2. Zensk

Zensk New Member

You failed to mention your ship nor it's Mk# status.

So, I'm assuming you're on Mk2 Shooter, or Mk2-3 defender/speeder. It might make sense for you right now to choose the blast cannon, as the enemy ship might not always be in flames. But as your infamy grows and weapon max and slots increase, the burning would make much more sense, since burning targets cover all other weapons.

I would suggest the burning perk because sooner or later, your other teammates would be using burning weapons as well and you can utilize that, and it also helps your other weapons.

3. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

mk4 speeder
    i can equip only those two weapons.
    i was only wondering which ability would yield me more damage in the end, so i wont have to retrain later.

4. mammoth1946

mammoth1946 Active Member

Retraining only takes up 1 hour. it should not be a problem.

5. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

If the blast cannon is your main weapon and you want to keep leveling it up in the future then you should go with the 10% dage boost for it otherwise go with the burning target bonus.But like @mammoth1946 said you can retrain the talent depending on what playstyle you prefer later in the game.Costs only 10k sugar.Personally I went with the burning target one because I use canon and sniper a lot and ofcourse fire bombs are so commonly used atm.

Last edited: 12 Jun 2017
  6. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

If you only run 1 Cannon and that is Blast Cannon then 10% damage all the time is better than 10% damage some of the time :)

7. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

thank you all for your answers. appreciate it.
    yes, that makes sense. i'll improve my blast cannon then.

8. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

What is missing here is whether stacking damage boosts from different sources is additive or multiplicative. If it's multiplicative, the dmg vs burning could give you a bigger boost for blast cannon than the blast cannon boost. Perhaps someone knows this?

9. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Sort of true, but it still assumes your target is always burning which it wont be..
    If you use blast, has to be blast every time imo