1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

double tesla shield is too op

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Eradone, 8 May 2018.

1. Eradone

Eradone New Member

please arrange the double tesla shield on enforcer because it is too powerful, the ship with that set is almost invulnerable because when you finish a shield immediately you can activate another and many players use epics that last 9 or 10 seconds, please placed at present the defender is the ship below estimated while the enfocer is increasingly powerful

Cryix likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

This thread is a duplicate, and you are right, double tesshield does need a rebalancing. I think they'll do something in the new update

Eradone, #CK, Mr. Chompers and 2 others like this.
  3. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Now I'm nervous. They won't hurt my baby will they?
    And they won't kill rare tesshield will they?

Cryix likes this.
  4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I don't get why it's OP (and no, I don't use it myself, I'm fixer). A shooter uses a weapon and deals damage, an enforcer uses a shield and prevents it. Seems sort of balanced, especially with the shield break stun. Why would you say it's not?

5. TheAntiSnipe

The windows are pretty damn small, and its counter(tesbolt) can no longer be used as a... Well... Counter.

6. TheAntiSnipe

If they do that... I'll find them

And I'll nerf them

7. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Because it is insanely hard for most ships to break 2 tesshields. Speeders are supposed to be able to use tesbolt, defenders are supposed to be with their team (and have a hard hitting weapon), fixers are supposed to heal, and shooters are supposed to have cannons. But not all speeders tesbolt, not all defenders stick with their team, not all fixers fix, and not all shooters are smart. DoubleBubble is OP 1v1, but vs a team, its fine.

Ian, Asigossi, super_sonic181 and 3 others like this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

Basically it holds the same position as pre-patch tesbolt. OPAF in 1v1s and ok in teamfights. Let's hope it doesnt receive a similar nerf.

Ian, Asigossi and The Otherguy like this.
  9. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

All other ships (shooters, fixers,etc) in the bay at levels (mk 6 or 7) where double bubble is an issue run self healing items (bandages or pulses etc) as part of meta. The enforcer is the only ship (except when fixer on team) where once the hp is gone, it’s gone. So that creates the incentive to use double bubble. HP is precious.

I think if TS is nerfed, it would be very difficult to do without killing the enforcer due to that ‘no self healing’ issue.

10. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    Yes I agree that it’s not OP but it is the current META. Something has to be slightly stronger than others.
    Actually..... the rank 1 global enforcer(and many other top enforcers) last season ran bandage + big shield. Overboost gives enough mobility.

Babablacksheep and Shadow Moon! like this.
  11. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

I don't think it's op, two shots and any tesla shield is broken.
    Anyway, noobs use double tesla shield, but masters use tesla shield + nitro

Hokuse and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I myself run double rare Tesla Shields. Is it OP? Damn no. Do I feel like I have huge advantage because of it? Damn no.
    Fighting constantly against epic double bubble users with their unbreakable shields and guess what? I don't find it OP.
    Without double bubble Enforcer is a trash on MK6.

#CK, super_sonic181 and Hokuse like this.
  13. Stonebanks

Don't agree. Watch Kenzer or Blacktail, they run Tesla Shield + Tesla Bolt or Tesla Shield + Nitro.

14. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Yes, and they're still not the best Enforcers right there. And I think they don't run them because they don't have another good ones.

Plus, the last update brought small Tesla Shield nerf, and many Enforcers went to another combo. And now Enforcer is less dominant than it used to be.

15. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Strong yes. Op? Jury is still out on that question. T5 epic (and t3+ p2ws) sure are tough to break though.

Let the poor enfos have their time in the sun :) Atleast we’ve moved beyond the speeder dominance era. Till then it sure is fun to sneak inside the bubble and land a nasty surprise hit!

16. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Aint the rarity the main difference here though? My rare Tesla Shield is also pretty shit. The difference across rarities is absurdly high for Tesla Shields. Perhaps a ‘fix’, if such a thing is needed, could be to bring rares up and scale down the top end a notch.

17. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I'm just sick of playing with people who refuse to shoot at the damn shields, who sit and wait for me to break it (in 2 hits) so that they can get the hit in. The shield is enormous and once broken the enfo is a sitting duck.
    I understand that everybody wants the damage/kill but your selfishness is letting these enfos get away with murder.

@What's Up Player, my f2p enfo breaks 5k every season using a single rare tesla shield. A shame it's trash I guess..

18. Stonebanks

Yes, i have a epic t4 tesla shield and a rare t4. The difference is though

19. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Its possible when you have Huge Big shield Hp,high level BANDAGE and A max overboost to sustain the enfo speed without turbo.
    There are less than 1℅ ENFORCERs who have such items and even less who prefer bandage over turbo.
    Epic T3>Max rare or almost as good(Only for tesla Shield). Another epic item is ridiculous scaling is turbo

20. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Double bubble is not OP. Just 2 shots needed to break best tesla shield in the game and when you break it enforcer get 4 secs stun that means first shoot chance belong to you not enforcer. Also if an enforcer run double bubble, it sacrifices too much agility already. It is strong 1v1 setup for sure but shooters have not much trouble against them. Other boats can getting hard times do leave them your shooters. Just like you leave enemy speeders to your friendly speeders. This is a team game after all.