1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Mines OP?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Winkleberry5, 6 Jun 2017.

1. Winkleberry5

Winkleberry5 Active Member

There you are cruising around the bay in a fresh speeder that has 4000 hit points when bam!.. you hit 1 T4 Epic Mine and now you are down to 658 hit points. Why are mines 1 slot weapons but cause 2 slot weapon damage...makes no sense to me. Also there is know limit on mines, a speeder can run around map throwing as many mines out as he/she wants and take out whole team... Mines are OP. (My Opinion)

2. NcDiablosaur

NcDiablosaur Member

I don't disagree in some senses of the situation. They do insane amounts of damage, but they are stationary so you have to come to them. Even when deployed right next to you. You have a few seconds to get away from it. They also have a timer on them. After a bit of time (not sure how long) they simply explode and are no longer an issue. My biggest problem is as a speeder I sometimes come around a corner and there it is... (my death). Or hidden in a fire field (again my death).

Earel and The Otherguy like this.
  3. GuerrillaPvP

GuerrillaPvP Active Member

Just keep a sharp eye out for them! Then they are completely useless.

A55A51N likes this.
  4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Good old mine, the bane of the p2w wallet warriors :)

Mines are fun, if they did much less damage they would be totally pointless

5. Greydone

Greydone Member

Please stay nice, putting a smiley won't change what you say, and mines are every speeders' nigtmare. Yet I agree if they did not cause this much damage they would be pointless.

6. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    1 slot point for a weapon - Weapon is easy to use
    2 slot point for a weapon - Weapon is for advanced players

Mines are easy just lay em down and see if ya got lucky.

I was in a game with fortjess5000 he can excellently mine. He got 2 kills with mine that game.

7. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

Mines aren't really op. But it has a stupidly large radius. Sometimes I'm going much far from a mine and it still blows up on my face -_-

Ovidmikel likes this.
  8. GuerrillaPvP

GuerrillaPvP Active Member

I agree with the radius part. Occasionally I will be purposefully avoiding a mine and then a blind teammate will come up and trigger the mine. Then I take the damage too! Its frustrating.

9. Winkleberry5

Winkleberry5 Active Member

I've had that same thing happen to me a few times, I think the waves have something to do with that happening.

10. HairySpeeder

HairySpeeder Member

Mines are not op. Yes, they do deal a lot of damage and their radius is quite good. But hey, how can something be op, if u can actually see them, floating there, in the water, not moving at all. Just don't drive into them, where is the problem?

11. Greydone

Greydone Member

The issues is they one shot the speeders. Besides, speeders can't do much against mines since they move quickly and often look at the opponent instead of where they're going.

12. HairySpeeder

HairySpeeder Member

Well, that's why speeder is tough to master. You have to be quick, you have to be good at IT. And youre forced to be aware of everything. That is, what separates good speeders from bad speeders.

As a speeder you should be aware of teammates taking too much damage, so you can protect them with your shield. Furthermore you gotta see every movement of the enemy team. You gotta take out who is separated from their team. You gotta stun the people dealing the most damage to the guys behind you. While not taking damage through getting shot or driving through mines. Speeders have a high responsibility on leading their team to victory. That's all I can say. Mines are fine. Good speeders don't get killed by them, because their awareness is on a level that it should be on. Have a good night everyone.

13. Kitterini

A high end speeder has 7-8k hp (which is absurd), they arent one shot.

Besides, speeders are the king of the Bay - I doubt you'll find many supporters of nerfing one of the few tools available for use against them.

#nerfspeeders!

- Oskar - likes this.
  14. Kitterini

Heck I just played a Speeder with 9.2k hp - Fun times :)

And yes, that was another very ironic smiley

15. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

I think it's fair they do a lot of damage but there should be more factors limiting how many can be put down. On some of the maps a mine spammer build can make it pretty ridiculous after about 2 minutes.

ThatOnion likes this.
  16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Ok
    Lolol sooo satisfying! Ignore this, it's a dead thread.

Cyn, Helius Maximus and vis1234567899 like this.
  17. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

They're popular in nightmare because it's 50% speeders which are more likely to run into one.

18. BasedCarpen

Sometimes people just blind spam them but an experienced mine layer has a definite strategy. Beyond just blocking the choke points like around capture in Crude Awakening, mines are best placed around corners where people won't see them. I've seen speeders with epic range perks throw mines so fast across the map over low walls you would just assume it's a friendly, or throw a mine right behind an unexpecting enforcer strafing back and forth

noelips likes this.
  19. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

Mines are never completely useless they are a good map control weapon but I agree if you pay attention to where you are heading they are easily avoidable...

20. BasedCarpen

With speeder sometimes your only option is to watch an enemy targeting you or watch the area for mines so you take the risk of running blind to whats in front of you. I never hit a mine using defender